2016 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Rosberg had the pace to pass Hamilton, but the nerves, self control and judgement to hold position even though Vettel and Verstappen were under the blanket covering all four of them. Quite a memorable and just conclusion to an otherwise humdrum season. 2017 can't come soon enough.

Force India get fourth in the constructors, highest ever finish

I'm most happy about this, because it gives me hope for a privateer to hopefully amass interest from the forces needed to take them even further. However, this is probably a bit unlikely.

Great job Nico! Some good driving from Hamilton, shame for not getting that 4th championship win. Max Verstappen showing that he is a definite fit for a future champion. And a sad but great sendoff to Button. We will miss you mate! And to Massa too!

Rosberg had the pace to pass Hamilton, but the nerves, self control and judgement to hold position even though Vettel and Verstappen were under the blanket covering all four of them. Quite a memorable and just conclusion to an otherwise humdrum season. 2017 can't come soon enough.

Not too sure about that. Lewis was backing him up in S3 where there is no way past. As soon as he exited S3 he bolted into the high speed sections, where turbulent air on its own would have made sure Rosberg couldn't get close enough easily.

10 wins without winning the title, I'm guessing that's a record.
Yes, but by no means the first time the championship has been won with fewer wins than the competition. For instance, Keke Rosberg in '82 had only one win, Pironi, Watson, Prost and Lauda had two.

Jenson's interview on Channel 4 :lol:

Referencing the stewards in hi-vizs in the grandstands - "Look, they're wearing jackets to match my helmet"

"Did someone win a championship today? Congratulations Nico! It was Nico, wasn't it?"

More than anything else, this is why I'll miss JB in F1.

Hamilton doesn't necessarily agree that the better man won nor that he was given an equal car. It's kinda disappointing for him to say these things even if he's hurting.

Very glad and happy that the changing of the Sky dish and box in my house is now happening and that i got to see the race.

Great race - great track - not saying this ironically
I thought it's gonna be a snoozefest reading some of the comments here, but I should have known already some people have difficulties to judge a race track properly. And I'm saying that as someone who's favorite racing track is Brasil GP track.
Abu Dabi is a worthy track for last race of the season, it's wonderful!
Congrats to Nico, well deserved title win and he finally in this race did what I always wanted to see - fight. Awesome, awesome overtake on Verstappen, ice cold. Who also had a brilliant race btw after he nearly threw it away in the first corner.
Good job from Hamilton, too, I don't think he was unfair at all, he did what he had to do and he never slowed down too much, very controlled, also Rosberg was free to overtake him at any time. But why should he even try that, it was fine.
Also gotta say Ms Rosberg is super cute, so congrats on that, too. :P

Great race - great track - not saying this ironically
I thought it's gonna be a snoozefest reading some of the comments here, but I should have known already some people have difficulties to judge a race track properly. And I'm saying that as someone who's favorite racing track is Brasil GP track.
Abu Dabi is a worthy track for last race of the season, it's wonderful!
Congrats to Nico, well deserved title win and he finally in this race did what I always wanted to see - fight. Awesome, awesome overtake on Verstappen, ice cold. Who also had a brilliant race btw after he nearly threw it away in the first corner.
Good job from Hamilton, too, I don't think he was unfair at all, he did what he had to do and he never slowed down too much, very controlled, also Rosberg was free to overtake him at any time. But why should he even try that, it was fine.
Also gotta say Ms Rosberg is super cute, so congrats on that, too. :P
Abu Dahbi, Not bahrain you mean.

Not as exciting as the previous race (that would be a hard one to live up to), but the end was fairly entertaining.

Congrats! to Nico. He did all he needed to do this year and has proved to F1 fans, that he has what it takes to get the better of Lewis this year, and (finally) clinch that much wanted (and deserved) WDC.

Congrats! to Lewis. As a huge fan of his, he rarely disappoints. And I feel he couldn't have done anything more today. He didn't have as much luck this year as his teammate, but that fact shouldn't take away what Nico has achieved today.

Congrats! to Mercedes and the whole team.

Sad to see both Jenson and Felipe bowing out. They've given us some fantastic! and very memorable moments over their F1 careers.

Overall. Excellent season. Can't wait for next year.

Back