2016 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Rosberg still has this in the bag, he's not going to be under pressure for 3rd even if Max nabs 2nd, which seems unlikely anyway.

From all the celebs you could invite, why would you choose Paris Hilton?

If all you want to do after the race is party... why not?

-

Somebody wake me up when something happens.

So far, both drivers playing it safe. Lewis seems to be backing Rosberg up, but that's not really a viable strategy unless he is running a wildly different pit schedule.

All I want to see now is real man hugs on the podium out of pure respect for a long term friendship and ultimate rivalry. :lol:

They both deserve everything, may the best man win. :D

If all you want to do after the race is party... why not?
I don't think Ferrari really has much to party after this race/season.

I wonder how long Mercedes will allow Lewis to keep backing up Nico, or if they will even interfere at all.

It is such a shame money buys the last race of the season and we're stuck with Abu Dhabi. How much better would it have been with a wet Brazil for this finale?

I think Abu Dhabi is an amazing facility, but the race track itself isn't great....

Remember when Balestre had the pole position slot moved at Suzuka? The accusation - I don't know if it was ever substantiated - was that he did it because he wanted Prost to win, and that he wanted Prost to win because he wanted a French World Champion. Benson evidently thinks that a British World Champion is what is best for the sport, and seems to think that the FIA will be amenable to this and thus enable the press (less so the fans) to exert influence over them. Especially since the stewards have an unspoken policy of not overtly influencing the race (and by proxy, the championship) result unless absolutely necessary.

To which I can only say that this particular crazy train will be stopping at Lewisteria and Hamilton-upon-Podium station.
It's a stupid notion as you said. Also it's hard to believe the Balestre stuff considering Prost had already had a WDC, it could be argued he did it cause he was tired of being confronted by Senna but we will probably never know for sure. It is arguable that the media and fans already have a good influence, especially when people look at the Vettel-Verstappen-Ricciardo situation.

Is it weird to wave at the TV on shots of people in whatever garages in the hope that they wave back when they see themselves on screen, just like the fans do. :dopey:

5 second time penalty for hitting a car from behind and making it retire, really??
That penalty seems to be FIA's way of saying what difference does this penalty really make...

Race is heating up now!

Basically anyone that has extended their tyre stint has benefitted massively in this race, there must be something about the surface that makes the drive feel like he is losing more time then they really are, as the same thing happened in 2010 when Webber and Alonso lost their title shot by pitting too early thinking their tyres had gone.

Well, may as well get it out of the way now so I can go to sleep. Congrats Nico Rosberg on your first World Championship. There were moments were you nearly threw it away, but you kept being consistent and secured the title. Great job.

Back