2016 Formula 1 Großer Preis von Deutschland

I'm still struggling to take on board that track limits are no longer going to be penalised. That's one of the stupidest decisions they've made for a long while.

But at least it means Vettel will be happy.

I'm still struggling to take on board that track limits are no longer going to be penalised. That's one of the stupidest decisions they've made for a long while.

But at least it means Vettel will be happy.
Have i missed something ? i have not seen this anywhere, just more halo tests are needed and radio ban lifted. I have trawled F1 news and it is not mentioned anywhere.Quite sure this is incorrect.

I'm still struggling to take on board that track limits are no longer going to be penalised.
They're being monitored for now - Ricciardo and Hamilton have triggered the sensor at Turn 1.

My guess is that the FIA has been using the past few races to test a variety of methods for policing track limits with a view to implementing a uniform system in 2017. However, the exact rules varied from race to race, and some areas were being policed while others were not with no apparent logic to it. If testing the systems is the aim, enforcing it before they have settled on the final version is somewhat counter-productive.

Have i missed something ? i have not seen this anywhere, just more halo tests are needed and radio ban lifted. I have trawled F1 news and it is not mentioned anywhere.Quite sure this is incorrect.
No mention in the official f1 news about penalties for exceeding track limit being lifted. So I think you're right, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else than here too.

Horner just confirmed track limit was removed weird. All those rules changing aren't really fair tho. Poor Button and Rosberg.

Horner is the only man there making any sense. Brundle is the one talking nonsense and not listening to Christian.

He got several World Championships out of a driver who abuses track limits more than most, it's hardly surprising that he's not fussed if drivers go outside the lines and it's not being enforced.

He got several World Championships out of a driver who abuses track limits more than most, it's hardly surprising that he's not fussed if drivers go outside the lines and it's not being enforced.

But the point he was making was completely valid and made sense. If you only enforce the track limits rule at one corner out of 16 then what's the point. Either do it on all 16 corners or don't bother at all. Brundle was then trying to say they may as well just skip corners which missed his point completely as usual. Horners point is simply why not. They are doing it on every corner bar one anyway.

Of all the tracks to not have track limits enforced, we're at the one with the very tight hairpin in the middle of a sea of grey?

The drivers will enjoy driving verrrrry wide there.

But the point he was making was completely valid and made sense. If you only enforce the track limits rule at one corner out of 16 then what's the point. Either do it on all 16 corners or don't bother at all. Brundle was then trying to say they may as well just skip corners which missed his point completely as usual. Horners point is simply why not. They are doing it on every corner bar one anyway.

Didn't we have sensors at every corner in Hungary?

Didn't we have sensors at every corner in Hungary?

Further proving Horners point. Every corner at Hungary, 1 at Hockenheim, what's the point in a rule if it is used so inconsistently. Either do it everywhere or don't do it at all.

Further proving Horners point. Every corner at Hungary, 1 at Hockenheim, what's the point in a rule if it is used so inconsistently. Either do it everywhere or don't do it at all.

It's undoubtedly a messy situation, I just don't like his response which is essentially, "Well, we can't fix it, so just do what you want."

He just doesn't seem to be pushing it as hard as he has done with other aspects of F1, like radio and the comical qualifying session, etc.

The FIA have backflipped on their backflip when it comes to track limits; now they're closely monitoring it again - because there were ninety-three recorded instances of drivers running wide in FP1.

This really shouldn't be all that complicated. Enforce that cars have to stay within the white lines at all times. I mean....

3ow6p0.jpg

Of all the tracks to not have track limits enforced, we're at the one with the very tight hairpin in the middle of a sea of grey?

The drivers will enjoy driving verrrrry wide there.

I don't get why the exit of the hairpin doesn't have grass on the outside. It's the slow exit to a hairpin, nobody is going to crash off there at speed so why does it need a tarmac run off? It just encourages drivers to go wide on the exit for better speed out.

They've apparently also realised they probably should have penalised Rosberg..

This really shouldn't be all that complicated. Enforce that cars have to stay within the white lines at all times. I mean....
Well, no, it shouldn't be difficult. But on purpose-built circuits, you have to allow for drivers who make mistakes and run wide. If you place barriers around the circuit and a driver locks a brake, he's out, and is that a fair penalty for a simple error? Around Monaco, sure - it's Monaco and that's part of the appeal. But at every circuit? I don't think you can justify it.

The problem is not so much track limits, but the culture of abusing them for the sake of setting a faster lap time, and then feeling that they're justified because they set a quick time - and I think you can lay blame for that at the feet of one man: Sebastian Vettel.

Buxton says the cheapest Sunday grandstand seat costs 280 euros. Such a deal.
Also heard from Will about how there's a rumor of Mercedes pulling out of Formula 1 (as a constructor I'd assume) after 2018 and that's the reason why Lewis and Nico are only signed up to the end of 2018. Probably just rumor mill garbage but, its Will so I don't know.

Well, no, it shouldn't be difficult. But on purpose-built circuits, you have to allow for drivers who make mistakes and run wide.

Sure but if they do, remove the time. No discretion, no "did he gain an advantage at that corner", if they go off the track, disallow the lap time in quali and give them a warning in the race. Too many times, penalty. Simple.

Back