2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

For us, didn't start yet. They said from 28 July to 3 August. Any idea about the car configuration, circuit, any similarities with previous cars in gt6?how many lap you have ?
The car and track are the 2017 Nissan gt-r road car on the tokyo expressway supposedly on sports soft tires with no assists and manual transmission. the first cairo weekend is tomorrow and i'll post the best time after the weekend is said and done. you should give us ur best times as well when u guys are done. good luck :)

Nobody have answers to my question?
sorry buddy look like only thailand, indonisia and the philipines are the only asian countries in this year's GTA, ask your local nissan facebook page about that maybe it'll be in for next year

sorry buddy look like only thailand, indonisia and the philipines are the only asian countries in this year's GTA, ask your local nissan facebook page about that maybe it'll be in for next year

Thanks. Actually I knew it definitely won't happen this year over here because the other countries have already started. I'm guessing they are waiting for GT Sport to be introduced and then they will start it.

Malaysia unfortunately is not in the calendar of GT Acacemy this year sadly. :(
image.jpeg

Malaysia is a very nice and cool place. I was there during the Asian LeMans sprint cup opener. We are the only Ginetta LMP3 car against Adess and Ligiers. I might come back there next week for the next race. :)

te?
Malaysia unfortunately is not in the calendar of GT Acacemy this year sadly. :( View attachment 571255

Malaysia is a very nice and cool place. I was there during the Asian LeMans sprint cup opener. We are the only Ginetta LMP3 car against Adess and Ligiers. I might come back there next week for the next race. :)

Yea hopefully next year Malaysia will be included. I have been waiting for it since they announced GT academy will come to Malaysia in 2015.

Hi guys,
Indonesia still not end yet. The competition is very hard here since the difference between 1st to 20th is only 0.7xx sec..even the 3rd to 20th only separated by 0.3xx sec.

Track is Tokyo expressway with 2017 Nissan GT-R sport soft tires with no assists on unless ABS and manual transmission.

:cheers:

te?
Nissan Philippines just invalidated times of all racers from the 1st 2 live events and upon nearing the end of all live events they just recently announced this fiasco.

Read more here:
http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...lidates-times-from-two-gt-academy-events.html

What do you guys think of this?
I think it's a little fair as long as contestants were allowed to compete again during later events. Also i hope similar action is taken towards the exploitation of wall grinding/ramming on purpose that takes place here in egypt...it's frankly furstrating

sorry for the double post but i actually need help on this unrelated to my previous post:

Does anyone know how to contact GT academy global about a breach in terms and conditions? also are live event booth operators allowed to compete with regular drivers? thanks guys

@te? any ideas?

sorry for the double post but i actually need help on this unrelated to my previous post:

Does anyone know how to contact GT academy global about a breach in terms and conditions? also are live event booth operators allowed to compete with regular drivers? thanks guys

@te? any ideas?

Booth operators can not compete. That is not allowed in our country. You can directly message GTA Global on facebook should you have any concerns. Just make sure if you do PM them make it very detailed.

Cheers! :)

te?
Booth operators can not compete. That is not allowed in our country. You can directly message GTA Global on facebook should you have any concerns. Just make sure if you do PM them make it very detailed.

Cheers! :)
already have, waiting on a reply, thanks te?

if anyone else has any better way to contact them i'd be really happy

This is nice to see.

Who said car racing is only for men? #NissanGTAcademyPH finally saw its first-ever female racing hopeful in the Top 20 last week! Ellyse T. Menorca, showed us how it’s done when she accepted our #racingdriverwanted challenge.

14102202_1770184383253171_9040797723378066954_n.jpg

Philippines Top 6 announced.

Note that Elysse made it through. It will be interesting to see how Nissan handles this if none of the other countries end up getting a female Race Camp finalist. I can see another Jann Mardenborough type deal if she makes it far enough in the week at Silverstone.

Note that Elysse made it through. It will be interesting to see how Nissan handles this if none of the other countries end up getting a female Race Camp finalist. I can see another Jann Mardenborough type deal if she makes it far enough in the week at Silverstone.

what do you mean by jann type deal?

Also i am rooting for her cause if she wins the whole thing it will ensure massive publicity for GT academy which will insure the continuation of the international gt academy competition because....as you may have already been able to tell....i didn't qualify for this year :(

Anyways wishing her the best of luck

Well, there MAY be a female Nissan Motorsport driver in Supercars next year. There is no official announcement as yet but, Simona DeSilvestro will, officially, be sponsored in the series by VASC and the South Australian government for the next 3years.

Well, there MAY be a female Nissan Motorsport driver in Supercars next year. There is no official announcement as yet but, Simona DeSilvestro will, officially, be sponsored in the series by VASC and the South Australian government for the next 3years.
i saw somewhere that this was made official...i think it was on the nissan gt academy page

hi everyone , has anyone been a reserve finalist for race camp ? how does it work ? any details would be awesome
cheers
Our country's reserve finalist told me that their only sole duty was simply just to fill in the slot, in the event one of the official racecamp finalist fails to attend the camp, due to unforeseen circumstances or any failure of submission of necessary documents(to travel, health et.al.). Its pretty straightforward logic.

what do you mean by jann type deal?

Also i am rooting for her cause if she wins the whole thing it will ensure massive publicity for GT academy which will insure the continuation of the international gt academy competition because....as you may have already been able to tell....i didn't qualify for this year :(

Anyways wishing her the best of luck

Note that I'm not taking anything away from Jann's undoubted success in representing a whole generation of us who wants to transition from virtual to reality with this response. Those who followed Season 3 of GT Academy closely may know the full story but from my recollection of things Jann was given every opportunity to win that final race so that Nissan gets their dream scenario to announce him as the GT Academy 2011 winner.

If you look far enough on the GT Academy Facebook page you'll see what transpired from the 2011 competitors comments (assuming the page admins haven't deleted them yet). Long story short, there was a really quick Frenchman named Thibault Lacombe who was in line to win the 2011 European Academy. Thibault was asked to swap cars and starting positions with Jann before the final race. The kicker, was that Jann's car had some gearbox trouble (on top of the Season 2 winner already being a Frenchman. Word was Nissan UK, who was the brainchild of the competition, wanted to see a return on investment after 3 years). The rest of the story, well, just look at what Nissan's done with the program in the past 8 years.

That's kind of where I was headed with the "Jann type deal" topic in regards to Elysse's national final succcess. Nissan obviously can't [be seen to] pull anything like that again and I like to think that the competition has developed enough to the point where things like that shouldn't happen again. NISMO TV has already decided to do the "undercut" by name-dropping her as the first female to qualify for Race Camp, see video below from 56 seconds onwards.

Also note that I'm not taking anybody's side on this (apart from any inherent nationalistic sense of pride of course, it would be sick to see another Filipino win :sly: [with that said I'm open to members asking for further help or advice]). All I'm doing is laying out some details for members of this community - particularly those competing in Race Camp this year - to use however they see fit, on top of making sure that everyone aims to get a fair and equal chance in every stage of the competition when viewed from the organizers side of things.

The best frame of mind you can really be in going into Race Camp besides knowing you have the potential to win it is to be comfortable with uncertainty (and that you're basically competing for a job at Nissan). Which brings me to my next point. Elysse, if you're reading this, expect to be on the spotlight, you're literally making history with every step you take in Race Camp so it's a good idea to get comfortable with the discomfort early if you're feeling any.

Note that I'm not taking anything away from Jann's undoubted success in representing a whole generation of us who wants to transition from virtual to reality with this response. Those who followed Season 3 of GT Academy closely may know the full story but from my recollection of things Jann was given every opportunity to win that final race so that Nissan gets their dream scenario to announce him as the GT Academy 2011 winner.

If you look far enough on the GT Academy Facebook page you'll see what transpired from the 2011 competitors comments (assuming the page admins haven't deleted them yet). Long story short, there was a really quick Frenchman named Thibault Lacombe who was in line to win the 2011 European Academy. Thibault was asked to swap cars and starting positions with Jann before the final race. The kicker, was that Jann's car had some gearbox trouble (on top of the Season 2 winner already being a Frenchman. Word was Nissan UK, who was the brainchild of the competition, wanted to see a return on investment after 3 years). The rest of the story, well, just look at what Nissan's done with the program in the past 8 years.

That's kind of where I was headed with the "Jann type deal" topic in regards to Elysse's national final succcess. Nissan obviously can't [be seen to] pull anything like that again and I like to think that the competition has developed enough to the point where things like that shouldn't happen again. NISMO TV has already decided to do the "undercut" by name-dropping her as the first female to qualify for Race Camp, see video below from 56 seconds onwards.

Also note that I'm not taking anybody's side on this (apart from any inherent nationalistic sense of pride of course, it would be sick to see another Filipino win :sly: [with that said I'm open to members asking for further help or advice]). All I'm doing is laying out some details for members of this community - particularly those competing in Race Camp this year - to use however they see fit, on top of making sure that everyone aims to get a fair and equal chance in every stage of the competition when viewed from the organizers side of things.

The best frame of mind you can really be in going into Race Camp besides knowing you have the potential to win it is to be comfortable with uncertainty (and that you're basically competing for a job at Nissan). Which brings me to my next point. Elysse, if you're reading this, expect to be on the spotlight, you're literally making history with every step you take in Race Camp so it's a good idea to get comfortable with the discomfort early if you're feeling any.

Louie you don't need to be so defensive man :) you're laying out the facts not making accusations you're actually leaving us to draw the conclusion. I am actually rooting for Elysse more than any of my countrymen because a female winning the program would bring more positive attention towards GT academy which in turn assures it's continuation.

Louie you don't need to be so defensive man :) you're laying out the facts not making accusations you're actually leaving us to draw the conclusion. I am actually rooting for Elysse more than any of my countrymen because a female winning the program would bring more positive attention towards GT academy which in turn assures it's continuation.

Lol, just covering my a**. Don't date [would-be] lawyers unless your game is tight. You'll end up like me :lol:

Come on 2016 finalists/attendants. Spill the beans that we don't already know.
i'll be coming in with some news shortly, but all i know is that the north africans were mixed up in the commentary and we don't know the extent of the damage it did on the decision to not pick wally as the overall academy winner

Latest Posts

Back