2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

Well, I was disappointed to find out that GT Academy will not be in the US this year, what a shame. :( However, they said that there's discussion for plans in 2017, so I'm looking forward to that at least. I found that out when someone in the comment section of one of GT Academy's facebook posts asked about it's holding in the US, GT Academy replied to that comment saying that it will not, but 2017 plans are being discussed.

On the bright side, though, is that this will give me more time to work on my physical fitness and driving prior to the time when it does come around.

Last edited:
Gtr 17 and the new tokyo track from gts
and what were the best times?

Well, I was disappointed to find out that GT Academy will not be in the US this year, what a shame. :( However, they said that there's discussion for plans in 2017, so I'm looking forward to that at least. I found that out when someone in the comment section of one of GT Academy's facebook posts asked about it's holding in the US, GT Academy replied to that comment saying that it will not, but 2017 plans are being discussed.

On the bright side, though, is that this will give me more time to work on my physical fitness and driving prior to the time when it does come around.

That's really cool man good luck :)

Just in case anyone wanted confirmation about the US Finals not happening, here it is in all of its disappointing glory.

I had a feeling this would happen. The US competitors haven't been as strong as the others the past couple years, and with them scaling back their North American racing teams, it was bound to not happen this year.

Best of Luck to everyone else out there that is able to compete!

Attachments

• gtacademyconfirmation.jpg
    gtacademyconfirmation.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 63
Just in case anyone wanted confirmation about the US Finals not happening, here it is in all of its disappointing glory.

I had a feeling this would happen. The US competitors haven't been as strong as the others the past couple years, and with them scaling back their North American racing teams, it was bound to not happen this year.

Best of Luck to everyone else out there that is able to compete!

Oh wow, that's weird. Disagree about the competitors though, Last year's team America were the best with Australia, Ryan If I recall his name correctly was unlucky with the last race with brake failure.

Either way GTacademy from what I've seen last year seems to be dying, There is only so much seats they can fill, they're probably still running it in places as mostly a marketing exercise (that's how it's run here anyway).

Oh wow, that's weird. Disagree about the competitors though, Last year's team America were the best with Australia, Ryan If I recall his name correctly was unlucky with the last race with brake failure.

Either way GTacademy from what I've seen last year seems to be dying, There is only so much seats they can fill, they're probably still running it in places as mostly a marketing exercise (that's how it's run here anyway).

Nissan is low on money after their LMP1 flop (and Renault's re-entry to F1). Anyone know how much a typical LMP1 factory challenge costs the manufacturer?

image.jpeg
Heres the leaderboard here. So far things havent changed in any way.

Track is the tokyo expressway using the GTR 2017 on racing softs.

They kill GT Academy softly. Smart way to avoid bad buzz.

They kill GT Academy softly. Smart way to avoid bad buzz.

Actually, Louie Schumii is right. Running at top level motorsport as a manufacturer isn't cheap. Because of that, they had not enjoyed the success in the WEC that the other teams have had, it's no surprise that they withdrew from the LMP1 category in the WEC. It has to do with expenses, really.

Hi guys, I'm Kevin from Malaysia and I'm new here :) nice to meet you all. I stumbled onto this forum while searching about GT Academy in Google. Just a quick question, I read a news somewhere that GT Academy is planned for Malaysia in 2015. But now it's already halfway into 2016 and I still hear no news about it in my country here. Any of you guys have info about this?

So How did u find gts, the car/track used and the times please
First Cairo weekend is thursday and only two pro drivers managed to lock in times: 1:20 and 1:19 i will let you know how it went when i get there

What about you guys how's it looking over there?

For us, didn't start yet. They said from 28 July to 3 August. Any idea about the car configuration, circuit, any similarities with previous cars in gt6?how many lap you have ?

Actually, Louie Schumii is right. Running at top level motorsport as a manufacturer isn't cheap. Because of that, they had not enjoyed the success in the WEC that the other teams have had, it's no surprise that they withdrew from the LMP1 category in the WEC. It has to do with expenses, really.

This is what I meant when I said the American winners were underwhelming. I'm 100% behind our winners, I've met some of them before and they're nice, but they just haven't had any luck in the states producing great results. Bryan has produced some good results, hence why his seat wasn't up for grabs at the beginning of this year. Motorsports is about money. If you can't produce results, you cant bring in the money. If you can't bring in money, there's nothing to fuel your career.

Back