2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

Now, what are the specific dates for the qualification rounds and national finals for the US? The photo attachment from earlier just gives a date bracket and says 'by country'. It doesn't give the specific dates for each country, let alone the US, which is my nationality if you can't already tell. Either some kind of gray area is still lingering in my head, or they haven't released the US dates yet.

@te? Thanks for the wealth of info man, i got word that our live events in north africa are happening early august, i ll add more info to this forum as they come

@te? Thanks for the wealth of info man, i got word that our live events in north africa are happening early august, i ll add more info to this forum as they come

Hi! Your very much welcome! Its for everyone to know. :)

If you guys will start on August then most probably you guys will have the shortest timeframe for the live events. Make sure you get good lap times in. You can set our laptimes as a guide as i think everyone will use the same car / track combo.

Race camp Oct 21 to 30 and thats the official dates. :)

Goodluck man! Hope to see you at race camp!

Cheers! :)

Now, what are the specific dates for the qualification rounds and national finals for the US? The photo attachment from earlier just gives a date bracket and says 'by country'. It doesn't give the specific dates for each country, let alone the US, which is my nationality if you can't already tell. Either some kind of gray area is still lingering in my head, or they haven't released the US dates yet.

Hi! Sadly i dont have any information regarding US GT Academy 2016 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, this is all that's been said so far.

"Nissan PlayStation GT Academy has just launched the latest iteration of its virtual to real race competition. This year six territories are hosting the global initiative, which has seen 6 million entrants since it first launched in 2008.

Hopeful racers residing in the following countries will be able to enter the competition; Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, North Africa (Algeria, Egypt & Morocco), Philippines and Thailand. Further regions are set to launch their own GT Academy competitions at a later date in conjunction with Gran Turismo Sport, releasing on the PlayStation 4 from 15th November."

How that plays out for Europe, the Americas, and other parts of Asia with Race Camp being held in October is questionable.
It's not unusual to hold different Race Camps for different region groups, nor to even use a different venue such as Abu Dhabi last year for Europe's camp.
But how that can be done after the release (if that's what the text is suggesting) of GT Sport mid-November is getting difficult to understand.

It does say "This year six territories are hosting the global initiative".
So, without being a negative Nancy, perhaps when it says "Further regions are set to launch their own GT Academy competitions at a later date", it could even be in reference to 2017.

Pure speculation on my part, but just trying to follow what we know so far along some sort of logical path.

To me, we will need to start hearing very soon about live events being held in those regions as yet un-named to think there is a chance of them being involved in the 2016 Academy.
Unless, of course, the 2016 Academy continues into 2017 before completion.

Last edited:
Hi guys.We hope to hear good news next days . As I heard a driver from old vresion of gt academy is in my city to attend the launch of gt north africa. Also nissan morocco facebook page said good news soon about gt academy.

Hi guys.We hope to hear good news next days . As I heard a driver from old vresion of gt academy is in my city to attend the launch of gt north africa. Also nissan morocco facebook page said good news soon about gt academy.
indeed the announcement in morocco is this week be prepared. the competition will start in august, a national final will happen sometime in september, with the racecamp happening in late october. Bon chance

Also i will start a thread especially made for north africa i will tag when it happens

Can you please take picture of the morocco launch event? also please give us any details you hear over there

Now, as for the cars that were used in countries where GTA is active, what car/config was proven to be the most effective/fastest in the GT Sport beta?

Now, as for the cars that were used in countries where GTA is active, what car/config was proven to be the most effective/fastest in the GT Sport beta?

Unfortunately you are not allowed to do any configuration you just sit and you drive.

te?
Unfortunately you are not allowed to do any configuration you just sit and you drive.
OK, but what cars are available in the game? Which one is the best car available in that GTS beta build? In other words, I'm curious as to what car the top runners in active regions have preferred using so far.

OK, but what cars are available in the game? Which one is the best car available in that GTS beta build? In other words, I'm curious as to what car the top runners in active regions have preferred using so far.
They dont get a choice other than using a gtr road car

You wont be able to get any choice in picking whatever car you like. Here in our country everyone will only use the GTR 2017.

te?
You wont be able to get any choice in picking whatever car you like. Here in our country everyone will only use the GTR 2017.

Oh, I see, the 2017 GTR is the only select-able car in the game. That's a normal occurrence in game demos across the board. I have a rather extensive knowledge about the video game industry, it only makes sense that prototype software builds are limited in terms of playable content, much like a E3 game kiosk demo.

Oh, I see, the 2017 GTR is the only select-able car in the game. That's a normal occurrence in game demos across the board. I have a rather extensive knowledge about the video game industry, it only makes sense that prototype software builds are limited in terms of playable content, much like a E3 game kiosk demo.

Are you at all familiar with the GT academy programme?

The gt-r gt3 team schulze is also selectable along with 4 other tracks but the competition is solely held on the gyr road car on the tokyo expressway

@Galaxander96

Hi! I strongly suggest you do research on what GT Academy is all about. Its a very serious competition and cant be comparable to an E3 experience. This competition is a life changer not only to the winner but it also opens up doors to finalists including myself. This is as real as it gets and as easy as it gets to be a real professional racing driver. :)

Hey guys i thought i'd bring this video to your attention This is (obviously) lucas ordonez giving Egyptian youtube Celebrities a ride in a nissan juke during the GT academy opening ceremony in morocco just last week. the guy with the beard and blue shirt is Ahmed el Wakil, creator ot the Cairo Drive channel and a writer for EVO magazine Egypt. the Gentleman in the back seat and the hat is Zap tharwat, a youtube singer/songwriter

Can someone please tag the admins of GT planet so they could see this and possibly post about it?

te?
@Galaxander96

Hi! I strongly suggest you do research on what GT Academy is all about. Its a very serious competition and cant be comparable to an E3 experience. This competition is a life changer not only to the winner but it also opens up doors to finalists including myself. This is as real as it gets and as easy as it gets to be a real professional racing driver. :)

I know what GT Academy is all about, I was talking about the GT Sport beta from a software development standpoint, in terms of it's playable content and functionality. I know all about GT Academy and how serious it is, I'm not stupid.

morocco%20new.jpg.ximg.s_12_h.smart.jpg

Back