2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

it's good to hear from you too bud, if you hear anything or know anything from morocco let us know here

did you see the article on GTP? i helped out i feel so proud of myself lol :P

well done mate, thx ;)👍
All i know till now is that 2016 edition's rigs are brand new + same format as the last year.

This just in:

alright guys i was at the automech-formula cairo international auto show and i talked to the guys from nissan. as it turns out that the live events will begin late april and will be going through to may. top 20 will be selected form the participating north african countries meaning that there are no limited numbers from tunisia or morocco as opposed to the "10 from egypt 5 from tunisia and 5 from morocco format) meaning also we will be directly competing against each other this year

i will post more details as they come. good luck to all

Would you still be able to join again if youve already been to racecamp before? Thank you.

te?
Yes i was there last year. So you wont be able to go anymore if ever?
sorry bro the main rule is that if you go once you can't go again. that's why u never see the same person in two different years. i am really sorry man

but maybe you can tell us more about your experience. your story could really help us

Biggest tip is to be physically ready. Once your there enjoy every bit of the experience.

If you are already good in the game stop practicing that and train physically for what lies ahead. Be prepared early for your countrys national finals as it will give you a taste of whats to come at racecamp.

Invest in driving at your local racetrack to get more experience. The more track time experience u have the better youd be at an advantage in racecamp.

Sad that i wont be able to compete again. Goodluck to everyone!

te?
Biggest tip is to be physically ready. Once your there enjoy every bit of the experience.

If you are already good in the game stop practicing that and train physically for what lies ahead. Be prepared early for your countrys national finals as it will give you a taste of whats to come at racecamp.

Invest in driving at your local racetrack to get more experience. The more track time experience u have the better youd be at an advantage in racecamp.

Sad that i wont be able to compete again. Goodluck to everyone!
thank you and good luck on your future endeavors. Edgar lau was one of the people who lost at racecamp and yet now he has a decent racing career going for him with multiple sponsors. maybe you should get tips from him

Edgar yes we get to talk over on facebook. He does indeed have a good racing career going.

As for me i am currently managing and doing driver coaching for the local toyota vios cup here in my country. Didnt get a seat yet but at least have work to do in the world of motorsports.

Someday i would like to also get a seat and show them what im made of.

If you at least make it to the camp, but don't win, is there a chance you can still get a drive still at somewhere??
yes a few people (from the north american GT academy at least) have used the connections they made through the series to grab seats in various racing series

Hi All,

Anyone have any info what GT version will be used for 2016 GT Academy ?

Thanks
it has not been announced yet and honestly it could be different from one region to another. We'll let u know what ours is by the end of the month

image.jpg
Are you guys ready? :)

Haven't heard anything at all yet regarding an Australian GT Academy. A friend of mine claims it will be happening though.

Haven't heard anything at all yet regarding an Australian GT Academy. A friend of mine claims it will be happening though.
i doubt if there is a GT academy that they will leave you guys out especially that you guys had a winner last year. If it's happening i can beat money u guys will be in and fighting against us ;)

There is no console in the pod? I can't see a ps3 behibd the wheel?
those pods usually hide the console. still, i really would like to know if it will be ps3 or 4

I cant reveal information yet. Nissan has contacted me for a special event on Monday. GT Academy 2016 is coming i can assure you guys that. We are just waiting for GT Academy Global Inc. when all of this is starting.

One thing is for sure, there will be no more area contingent. Meaning no more asia leg, european leg, etc. It will be 1 whole world battling on who will be the next winner based on my understanding. But we will need to wait for their official announcement and see if this thing is true or they will revise this said rule.

If its going to be "world war" in my personal opinion i think best of the best gamers should be represented by each country. And hopefully previous winners could also take part in the world war academy competition happening really soon.

EDIT:

I think the thread title should be 2016 Nissan GT Academy (details & news) kindly remove the north africa so that this will be the page everyone not just africa will be watching out for.

Back