2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

hi guys , can you please help me out with some advice on fitness , how should I prepare for gt academy physically ?
thanks

Based on my experience from last year, Race Camp itself has no real fitness testing involved. All of that is tested at the national finals. Focus on the beep test, do as many pushups as you can, and also practice holding the plank for as long as you can.

A worldwide GT Academy sounds pretty exciting, looking forward to seeing how that pans out. 👍

Same as mentioned by @Nicko and added a few more stuff youll really need to focus on.

what you need to train for are these:

1. Bleep test
2. Planking test (stay as long as you can)
3. Push up test (do as many as you can with the correct posture)
4. Running.
5. Upper body strength (shoulders, arms)
6. Core strength

Once your good with all 6 you just need to follow what your mentors want of you to do. And also just be a fast consistent driver.

The thread title needs to be changed really. I am not from north africa but im giving tips and info here.

Cheers guys!

@te? thanks so much for all the info. i will change the thread name. it's very interesting that it might be a world war GT with only one winner it will be a very interesting race. it will also be insanely difficult

I was surprised when they told me that. Should be very interesting. Whoever they pick must be the golden boy if ever that will be theyre final decision on the rules this year.

hi guys , can you please help me out with some advice on fitness , how should I prepare for gt academy physically ?
thanks

If you need to ask buddy, you've got work to do.

Go with the mentality that as hard as you work, it'll never be enough. There will always be someone better.

I saw more than one person in an ambulance on their way to hospital after the Abu Dhabi assault course. So run, cycle, weight train and diet like your life depends on it.

image.jpg
So. Heres some info. I cannot reveal all as we need to wait for GT Academy global to reveal all details.

So il provide 2 details today which i think are very impacting.

1. There will only be 7 countries that are going to host GT Academy 2016. One of the 7 is our country, Philippines. The others i dont know.

2. It might not be PS3 ☺️

Heres some photos of the event today.

image.jpg
image.jpg

te?
So. Heres some info. I cannot reveal all as we need to wait for GT Academy global to reveal all details.

1. There will only be 7 countries that are going to host GT Academy 2016. One of the 7 is our country, Philippines. The others i dont know.

My guesses would be if worldwide with continental hosts for the main event:

Brazil for South America, US for North and Central America, Russia for Eastern Europe and France or Germany for Western Europe, Egypt (or South Africa) for Middle East+Africa, Japan for JP+CHN+KOR and Philippines for Southeast Asia and Oceania.

There we go. :cool:

Thanks for the report!

I have just found this place in person but I'm not sure if I can reveal this information. When I checked it out, they were running GT6 on PS3's but when I participated it was not a GT Academy qualifier but is hosted by Nissan and the promotional material is GT Academy so..
we had a similar event in egypt. it was a press day with gt6 running on ps3. there is no word as to which platform it will use

@te? thanks for all the info bro

@cutmeamango yup it will be hosted in egypt as far as i know

this really feels like a GT academy finale. do you guys think this is the last one?

this really feels like a GT academy finale. do you guys think this is the last one?

Doubt it considering so many people identify Nissan through the GT Academy concept.

Even if Nissan decides to pull the plug on financing GT Academy which they'd be wise not toanother manufacturer will immediately swoop right in to take their place (GTA Global is a seperate entity from Nissan).

Not sure how my name popped up around here:lol: but yeah, @te? covered pretty much all of it haha. te? probably knows more on how to prepare because it changes every year and for my region there wasn't much physical stuff involved apart from the obstacle course and quadrathlon for my year.

But do train hard in that department because apart from getting pass those physical challenges, your fitness affects your sensitivity to the feedback of the car and gives you quicker reaction, i.e. you're not focusing on bracing yourself against the g force but actually focusing on controlling the car. Like te? said, if you're already fast on the sim, try your best to get as much real world driving exp as possible. I'd say that's pretty crucial.

Pretty envious of you too @te? for getting so much support from your local Nissan guys. We were pretty much on our own after we went back to the US. I'm sure you'll find a seat in racing very soon. Just keep at it.👍

@Neovre

Hey Edgar! Nice seeing you here buddy! ☺️ Im envious you already doing the Porsche Cup! Rooting for you all the way bro!

As for the support from local Nissan here in Philippines its actually not how you really think it is hehe. Support wise theres ZERO as in no support for all of us rest of the top 6. Only on these events are we invited to mingle and go out in the crowd and media as Nissan Philippines marketing tool. We really dont get anything out of it except of course be a celebrity for a day LOL!

But overall it was fun! Its nice to see yourself on the big screen and youll think oh so thats how bad i look on the movies hahahaha

I will be doing a test in Sepang on May. So i hope it would turn out good! ☺️

good luck with the test @te? , an opportunity like that is lucrative so make it truly special!

NISMO if im not mistaken having graduates every year, had already made their motorsports program slots full; there are too many drivers signed to them and should be utilized at their disposal.

Hence with that rumored region lineup, and just few nations representing, its seems Nissan is gearing up for what could really be their Final "Ultimate/Global" GT Academy 2016 season. The academy winner/grad signs the final program slot with Nissan/NISMO, while the Nissan sponsorship contract to GTA Global ends to make way for FIA to sign it, and reorganize GTA Global from GT Academy to 2017's GT Sport.

This is just a hunch, corporately considering that French carmaker RENAULT(Nissan's "Sister" company) also had revised their motorsport program just this year. Emphasizing FIA and Renault are in France, motorsport partnership is likely.

So yeah, lets do our best shot for probably the last! ;)

te?
-snap-

-snap-

te?

These two bits of information came from different country, but surely they have strong connection

;)

@Ginoong Multo
Hahaha i like your handle name here pare!

Thanks! Im hoping for good results with the test next month! Also excited about it! ☺️

I wouldnt want to jump to conclusion that its going to be the last academy but yes you do have something there that it may be the last and then GT sport comes. But we will never know really. A hint that PS4 might be the platform to be used in this years academy might be GT sport already or we dont know what. Hehe ☺️

But for everyone eyeing on to join the academy seriously for this year, dont waste any day. Go start training physically and get some track time. Remember if you already know that you are fast in the game concentrate on the next level which is to dominate the national finals. Goodluck and cheers to everyone! ☺️

te?
A hint that PS4 might be the platform to be used in this years academy might be GT sport
Yep, the odds are high that we might try out GT Sport Beta on PS4 pods this year, very reminiscent of what they did on GT Academy 2012-2013 where they made players try out GT6 Beta~~

Last edited:
Thank you Warbeast. Do u, or somebody have an idea about the dates?
And for Tunisia, it will be a LIVE event or the normal network playstation selection?
THANK YOUUUU ;)

how many countries gonna take part in north african gt academy anyway ? all africa or what ?
as far as i know it will be like last year, namely egypt, tunisia, and morocco

Thank you Warbeast. Do u, or somebody have an idea about the dates?
And for Tunisia, it will be a LIVE event or the normal network playstation selection?
THANK YOUUUU ;)

no idea about the dates, consoles, or if it will be online or live events

Warbeast101
as far as i know it will be like last year, namely egypt, tunisia, and morocco
------------------

There was not GT AC for tunisia on any years till now! It was for Algeria but not Tunisia!
I'm from Tunisia and living in Frnace most of the time. Im really sad that they don't do it in my country! it's Strange!!!!

Back