2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

My
Warbeast101
as far as i know it will be like last year, namely egypt, tunisia, and morocco
------------------

There was not GT AC for tunisia on any years till now! It was for Algeria but not Tunisia!
I'm from Tunisia and living in Frnace most of the time. Im really sad that they don't do it in my country! it's Strange!!!!
apologies for the confusion. Guess Tunisia is out this year as well bro :(

Hey guys, so in terms of the console stations (AKA the 'pods') that will be used for the competition, does anyone have information on the locations (particularly in the US) that these will be used during GTA? Also, do you have to have a PS3 and a copy of GT6 to do qualifying/etc.? I have a PS3, but no copy of GT6, nor do I have the free money necessary to get me a copy at the moment. Can somebody please provide me with answers to these questions I have? Thanks!

Anybody know if GT academy will be happening in India for 2016? I really hope it does! The world final thing sounds amazing, would be awesome!!!

Hey guys, so in terms of the console stations (AKA the 'pods') that will be used for the competition, does anyone have information on the locations (particularly in the US) that these will be used during GTA? Also, do you have to have a PS3 and a copy of GT6 to do qualifying/etc.? I have a PS3, but no copy of GT6, nor do I have the free money necessary to get me a copy at the moment. Can somebody please provide me with answers to these questions I have? Thanks!
Hey dude, This thread started out as the thread of north africa but it later switched to be more general. Despite i do have some news sources within the US and i can assure u no details have been released yet. Last year you did have to have a copy of GT6 to compete but it fluctuates from year to year. Stay tuned here and i will bring you any news as they come

Anybody know if GT academy will be happening in India for 2016? I really hope it does! The world final thing sounds amazing, would be awesome!!!

No idea yet, i'll try to bring whatever news i can as they come

Hey dude, This thread started out as the thread of north africa but it later switched to be more general. Despite i do have some news sources within the US and i can assure u no details have been released yet. Last year you did have to have a copy of GT6 to compete but it fluctuates from year to year. Stay tuned here and i will bring you any news as they come

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :)

No idea guys, I haven't heard of anything as yet. I would assume India will be taking part. Hopefully the introduction of GT Sport this weekend will shed some light on GT Academy 2016.

No idea guys, I haven't heard of anything as yet. I would assume India will be taking part. Hopefully the introduction of GT Sport this weekend will shed some light on GT Academy 2016.

i hope so 2, can't wait!!!

supposedly...they could just ignore it all together

Well, it shed the light that it won't be taking place on the GT Sport beta now it is cancelled. It'll have to be on PS3, wait until November for PS4 or not at all.

I noticed on the GT Sport website that you can be rewarded with a 'digital' FIA licence that holds the same value as a real life one (of some level). Perhaps GT Academy may be abandoned for this year, and instead the two GT Sport championship winners will be awarded a similar prize such as the Nissan DDP..

I noticed on the GT Sport website that you can be rewarded with a 'digital' FIA licence that holds the same value as a real life one (of some level). Perhaps GT Academy may be abandoned for this year, and instead the two GT Sport championship winners will be awarded a similar prize such as the Nissan DDP..

Uncertainty is always a good thing when it comes to things like this. Get excited gents, Kaz just opened a new can of cool with GT Sport.

Uncertainty is always a good thing when it comes to things like this. Get excited gents, Kaz just opened a new can of cool with GT Sport.

That's not good news for egypt. See we are not registered on the PSN and if the competition will take that route it will mean we're out.

So now that we know GT Sport is releasing in November, support for GT6 is practically nonexistent, and it's late May and there has been no announcements for GTA whatsoever, and the recent driver layoffs by Nissan. I think it's safe to say there won't be GTA this year.

With the FIA Championship running in full force next year GTA might not even return. Maybe the winners of the Nations and Manufacturers Cups will automatically be eligible for racecamp?

Last edited:
With the FIA Championship running in full force next year GTA might not even return. Maybe the winners of the Nations and Manufacturers Cups will automatically be eligible for racecamp?

That's what I'm thinking will happen for sure. Hopefully it starts again 'fresh' so that previous race camp finalists can be eligible.

So now that we know GT Sport is releasing in November, support for GT6 is practically nonexistent, and it's late May and there has been no announcements for GTA whatsoever. I think it's safe to say there won't be GTA this year.

I would agree with you except that in march the Philippines and Egypt both held press events announcing the return of GTA for 2016. The live events were even set to take place in late April but then for some reason everything died down.

There's talk among those in the Asia Race Camp last year that GT Academy may happen mid-July for that region. Maybe waiting on a GT Sport beta?
can you please verify your source? who told you that? also you can do us a HUGE favor by asking your local nissan head office or marketing team if any of this is true

Hello everyone I am a new member gt planet and I have some questions about the gt academy 2016.

How will this edition , with what format?

in Italy I can participate?

It will be on ps3 ?

how can I train for online qualifiers ?
of such circuits, such as cars.

thank you, sorry for my bad English.

Regards

Alessio

so i found a pdf on the FIA website, just googled gt academy 2016. http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/basicpage/file/Day 2, Plenary 2 - 2 - Darren Cox.pdf

its shows brazil as planned for 2016, so im guessing they had plans or still do for gt academy 2016, they havent yet reached out to all potential markets and imo it would make a lot of sense to hold at least one more gt academy as its popularity is still increasing...but i have no idea for sure whats happening this year.

so i found a pdf on the FIA website, just googled gt academy 2016. http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/basicpage/file/Day 2, Plenary 2 - 2 - Darren Cox.pdf

its shows brazil as planned for 2016, so im guessing they had plans or still do for gt academy 2016, they havent yet reached out to all potential markets and imo it would make a lot of sense to hold at least one more gt academy as its popularity is still increasing...but i have no idea for sure whats happening this year.

That's quite an old document, considering that Darren Cox has left Nissan and Russia wasn't included last year.

It's really a case of being prepared and keeping your eyes peeled for the chance. If you get an opportunity to do motorsport there in Brazil by all means give it a go. It will raise your level for race camp (if it comes around), granted whatever you participate in still makes you eligible.

@Warbeast101 - Nissan Indonesia supposedly told their GT-A champ of a mid-July launch. With a working build of GT Sport up and running I wouldn't be surprised that some live events start on that date.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I am a new member gt planet and I have some questions about the gt academy 2016.

How will this edition , with what format?

in Italy I can participate?

It will be on ps3 ?

how can I train for online qualifiers ?
of such circuits, such as cars.

thank you, sorry for my bad English.

Regards

Alessio
Alessio welcome aboard man, let me fill you in one what we know

We know there is a very high chance that there will be a very chance that there could be a GT academy this year but we don't know the format, console, dates, or indeed anything other than the possibility of its existence

You can try by doing many laps around circuits like Brands hatch, silverstone, la sarthe, or any other real track although the more the better. you can engage in organized races like weekly race series which organized here on gtp. try to find other leagues as well and race good people so you can get better.

You also need to only ever use Nissan cars, although the old lotus F1 car and a fully modified elise and a fully modified vw beetle will also greatly increase your skill level in a relatively short time

Yea that's a pretty old document but here's to hoping for the best

@Warbeast101 - Nissan Indonesia supposedly told their GT-A champ of a mid-July launch. With a working build of GT Sport up and running I wouldn't be surprised that some live events start on that date.

I guess we got a semi confirmed rumor in our rumor, GTA for mid july

Back