2016 Nissan Titan now with New Gasoline and Cummins Diesel Engines- King cab unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 267 comments
The MPG results for a diesel are disappointing. Towing the same trailer the new Chevy with the 6.2L/8speed combo managed 10.1 mpg running premium gas,the TRD Pro Tundra 8.1 MPG and the new Tacoma 8.4 MPG on regular.

Titan Warrior concept

Nissan_TITAN_Warrior_Concept_04.jpg

Nissan_TITAN_Warrior_Concept_16.jpg

Nissan_TITAN_Warrior_Concept_10.jpg

Nissan_TITAN_Warrior_Concept_12.jpg

Those lights make sense. The ones on the vanilla Titan look confused and directionless.

Also, what is the deal with truck steering wheels? Why do they have to look like they can hold a railroad car? I understand making a flat surface for a clipboard or something, but the wheels on every new truck all look ridiculous.

Also, what is the deal with truck steering wheels? Why do they have to look like they can hold a railroad car? I understand making a flat surface for a clipboard or something, but the wheels on every new truck all look ridiculous.
#Merica

That Titan Warrior concept is pretty sick. The regular new Titan looks pretty good (I must admit), but this Titan Warrior is bonkers. I like the interior to this Titan Warrior. Almost like someone angered the Titan, and it then morphed into this Titan Warrior. Me likey.

The MPG results for a diesel are disappointing. Towing the same trailer the new Chevy with the 6.2L/8speed combo managed 10.1 mpg running premium gas,the TRD Pro Tundra 8.1 MPG and the new Tacoma 8.4 MPG on regular.

I like this truck and the new engine seems pretty nice but I don't see it being very popular. At the almost $60,000 this truck costs you could purchase a decently equipped new 2500 or 3500 6.7 Cummins and have a better towing truck that gets better mileage both towing and unloaded and you won't have to worry about the reliability of a brand new engine.

If you don't need something as big as a 2500 the EcoDiesel seems like a much better option than this too. A buddy texted me a few days ago when he got back from Colorado in his '14 EcoDiesel and he averaged 34mpg for the trip. His truck rolled over 100K miles during that same trip. He averages 14mpg when he tows with his truck too.

Yes with the Cummins. That's the base S model, the SV is $44k and the Pro-4X is $51k. At $60k you are thinking of a pretty much loaded Platinum trim.

Some people may not need 1,000 lb/ft which is overkill for the average person that may only need to pull a 5th wheel camper or a flat bed with a small tractor on it.

I like this truck and the new engine seems pretty nice but I don't see it being very popular. At the almost $60,000 this truck costs you could purchase a decently equipped new 2500 or 3500 6.7 Cummins and have a better towing truck that gets better mileage both towing and unloaded and you won't have to worry about the reliability of a brand new engine.

If you don't need something as big as a 2500 the EcoDiesel seems like a much better option than this too. A buddy texted me a few days ago when he got back from Colorado in his '14 EcoDiesel and he averaged 34mpg for the trip. His truck rolled over 100K miles during that same trip. He averages 14mpg when he tows with his truck too.
I looked at a SV a dealer and it seems like a good truck for the most part. 4wd and leather for 55k is a lot of money though but most new trucks are overpriced. One thing i was surprised about was how small the back seat was for a crew cab. Built in from the factory gooseneck is a nice feature and they even remember to include a storage spot under the back seat for the ball. They did forget to include a 7 pin plug in the bed (bumper only) and the ISV 5.0L does not have a exhaust brake.

What I have read about the Fiat diesel your friend has been lucky to get 100k out of it since there are many out there that have blown up with under 30k, big failures like broken crankshafts.

Cheapest version

2wd S crew cab.
Base Price $38,658 $40,290
Destination $1,195 $1,195
Total Base Price $39,853 $41,485
Options (change)
S Convenience & Utility Package $708 $800
Price with Options $40,561 $42,285

According to this, something Titan related may be shown this week in Chicago. My guess is the gasoline V8 version of the XD, but could be a lot more...

What the Titan really needs to stand out is something crazy like an Achates-Cummins powerplant. I don't think the Cummins diesel as it stands is any better than what VMM and Dodge offer.

Should be an announcement of sorts for the new Titan Thursday morning. Probably a full reveal of the regular 1/2 ton truck.

Edit:

titan.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Nissan should rename it the Unicorn because when you are only selling 1,274 new Titan's in a month nationwide the chances of seeing one are about the same.:P

Maybe Nissan should rename it the Unicorn because when you are only selling 1,274 new Titan's in a month nationwide the chances of seeing one are about the same.:P
That's just the Diesel. Add in the XD gas, non-XD crew, king, single cabs with V8 and V6 engines and watch that number climb. They're only in the first act here...

Not having a smaller, more work-oriented vehicle seemed like a misstep. Glad Nissan appears to be doing it. But, I think Cale is right. An extended Cab is much more useful at this point.

Not having a smaller, more work-oriented vehicle seemed like a misstep. Glad Nissan appears to be doing it. But, I think Cale is right. An extended Cab is much more useful at this point.
King cab is coming, though it still has seats in the back.

Back