2016 Russian Grand Prix

First, show me where I directed my post towards towards everyone remotely connected to Hamilton, and not just the sub-set of fans sprouting crackpot conspiracy theories because they can't stand the way he isn't winning everything as they feel that he rightfully should.

You wonder why I don't care for Hamilton or his fans, and then you post nonsense like thism

Or is it YOU never missing an opportunity to have a pop at a driver YOU hate for some reason?

a driver YOU hate for some reason?
Don't play dumb. You know perfectly well why I dislike Hamilton.

Tell me, what is an outsider supposed to think of this situation? Someone brand-new to the sport sees a militant group of fans accusing a team of deliberately undermining one of their own drivers to the point where that team has to respond in writing to the accusations. Not only has this never happened in the sport before, but to the best of my knowledge, nothing of the like has happened in any other sport.

No further discussion required.
You can drop out of the conversation at any time.

You're going to say because of his fans aren't you?
No. I'm going to say that it's his attitude, particularly when things don't go his way; disproportionate and misrepresentative media coverage; and, of course, the aforementioned aggressive fanbase who clearly cannot accept that he is having a bad season.

You can drop out of the conversation at any time.

No. I'm going to say that it's his attitude, particularly when things don't go his way; disproportionate and misrepresentative media coverage; and, of course, the aforementioned aggressive fanbase who clearly cannot accept that he is having a bad season.
Oh right.. I'm pretty sure I remember you posting something in the past, about you having no problem with Hamilton, just his fans.

Also, we're only part way through the season. Bit early to be writing it off as "having a bad season", don't you think? It makes it sound so absolute.

Also, we're only part way through the season. Bit early to be writing it off as "having a bad season", don't you think? It makes it sound so absolute.
I'm thinking of his 2011 season here. It was pretty obvious that he had no respect for any other driver except Jenson Button, and then only because Button was his team-mate. Sure, that was five years ago, but I haven't seen anything from Hamilton to change my mind.

Bear in mind that I didn't think much of him in 2008; I felt that his career was the equivalent of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But 2009 changed my mind - he struggled, but he rallied the team around him, and it brought to light some of the skills of a true champion. So 2009 and 2010, I was okay with him; I didn't like him, but I didn't dislike him, either. But then 2011 came around, and he was clearly over-driving the car, getting distracted by things off the track and generally being a tool towards everyone.

No official confirmation yet, but according to this various sources are reporting Verstappen swaps seats with Kvyat immediately.

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...akes-over-seat-of-kvyat-with-immediate-effect

Well forget the above, was posted in the other thread already. sorry
If they are swapping Kvyat this early in the season than something must be going wrong behind the scenes. There is no reason to swap drivers in unfamiliar cars just because of what happened in China and Russia.

That seems very harsh by Marko, Grosjean used to be a liability but he came good. But overall i think Kvyat has not shown enough promise compared to Vettel, Ricciardo and Verstappen so i think with that, together with Sunday's incidents and the fact that they want to keep Verstappen within Red Bull, they dropped Kvyat. If Kvyat doesn't do well for the rest of this season at Torro Rosso he will get dropped i reckon..

That seems very harsh by Marko, Grosjean used to be a liability but he came good. But overall i think Kvyat has not shown enough promise compared to Vettel, Ricciardo and Verstappen so i think with that, together with Sunday's incidents and the fact that they want to keep Verstappen within Red Bull, they dropped Kvyat. If Kvyat doesn't do well for the rest of this season at Torro Rosso he will get dropped i reckon..

Wrong thread ;)

On topic;

How Hamilton's overnight breakdown cover worked (BBC). My favourite bit is where Sez Bernie "organised customs".

I'm thinking of his 2011 season here. It was pretty obvious that he had no respect for any other driver except Jenson Button, and then only because Button was his team-mate. Sure, that was five years ago, but I haven't seen anything from Hamilton to change my mind.

Bear in mind that I didn't think much of him in 2008; I felt that his career was the equivalent of being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But 2009 changed my mind - he struggled, but he rallied the team around him, and it brought to light some of the skills of a true champion. So 2009 and 2010, I was okay with him; I didn't like him, but I didn't dislike him, either. But then 2011 came around, and he was clearly over-driving the car, getting distracted by things off the track and generally being a tool towards everyone.

I can understand not liking the celebrity status or attitude Hamilton has brought to F1 lately, but I really don't get the excuse of not liking him because of his attitude when things don't go his way, or his fanbase. I can't remember any champion who wasn't prone to whining or complaining even a little when things don't go their way.

Vettel did it an awful lot at Red Bull when things didn't go his way, Alonso publicly criticized the Honda engine multiple times last year, and of course wasn't very happy with the favoritism he felt Hamilton was getting in 2007, Button even managed to do something not in good taste when he blamed McLaren's struggles in 2014 on the inexperience of Mangnussen and not at all on himself. In recent memory I can only think of Schumacher for a champion who never really had a bad attitude. All these drivers also have fan bases that can be annoying if you really are trying to find something to be annoyed about, and are otherwise harmless.

I don't have a problem with the Hamilton hate, you're free to like and hate a driver as you see fit, but I just want to understand what he's doing wrong thst no one isnt, or hasn't.

I can't remember any champion who wasn't prone to whining or complaining even a little when things don't go their way.
It wasn't whinging or complaining. It was his on-track behaviour. I remember one episode during free practice in Singapore where he nearly caused a collision with Felipe Massa when they were both on an out-lap. It was a completely unnecessary move and compromised both of their flying laps.

Back