2016 SuperGT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Godarm
  • 343 comments
This Japanese mag says for certain that the GT500 car next season for Lexus is the LC. Here's a spy pic of the LC GT500 next to the LC F render

mokuji.jpg

That rear half makes it look a lot like a Mercedes AMG GT IMHO.

Just watched the Sugo round, the first Super GT race I've ever seen, partly due to having no idea what was going on, but now with Radio Le Mans commentary I can listen to someone else not know what's going on.

Utterly bonkers. Loved it. Now I've got another series to keep track of.

Roo
Just watched the Sugo round, the first Super GT race I've ever seen, partly due to having no idea what was going on, but now with Radio Le Mans commentary I can listen to someone else not know what's going on.

And Fuji is on in about 7.5 hours. ;)

Roo

There is about 6-8 other races with RLM commentary on youtube, another bunch with English subtitles, but you quickly come to realize that if it all comes down to it, you don't really need any of that because the action on track is so good that it easily speaks for itself.

Enjoy Fuji!

I just finished the Sugo race and all I can say is it brilliant and utterly stupid at the same time. The idea that these fools send random road cars onto the track during the race and the flagging system is nothing more than a suggestion is so amateurish and dangerous it is embarrassing to watch. These guys make the BTCC look competent and that is hard to do. I was expecting a tour bus to show up on the track filled with fans during the race just because it would be fun.

The weird pass by system was brilliant until the field that passed by almost smashed into the rest of the cars parked on the straight blinded by a hill.:odd: I suppose if they had a flag system that the drivers actually paid attention to that kind of thing would not happen.

Love the cars. GT500 is balls out, no DTM team orders crap and lots of tire choices. GT300 with cars powered by Saturn rocket boosters, truck engines, and whatever parts can be rounded up makes for a very strange but cool mix.

I'm looking forward to Fuji- I think.:lol:

Tour buses are restricted to Practice 1...
First in the gate, first on the track- I like it.:lol:

EDIT: Wait I was kidding about this and then I hear in the broadcast that they actually do this, the circuit safari in FP1, WTF.:boggled:

Last edited:
I just finished the Sugo race and all I can say is it brilliant and utterly stupid at the same time. The idea that these fools send random road cars onto the track during the race and the flagging system is nothing more than a suggestion is so amateurish and dangerous it is embarrassing to watch. These guys make the BTCC look competent and that is hard to do. I was expecting a tour bus to show up on the track filled with fans during the race just because it would be fun.

I think you've got it partly wrong here - they penalize heavily for driving infractions that most of us would consider to be rather small, so imagine they'd have no issues in clamping down on poor behaviour under yellow.

Unlike most other championships today, it seems as if the drivers do respect the yellow flags (and the white flags too) and react accordingly in the interest of safety, rather than disregarding them in the hope of gaining an advantage.

And being realistic here - if all drivers in all championships were to follow the rules to a T (or if championships weren't so afraid of handing out sever punishments when required), full course safety cars would very rarely be needed at all. The Super GT intervention vehicles do a great job in allowing hazards to be neutralized without impacting on the race and the drivers deserve commendation for allowing it to happen.

IMO, this sort of action should be used as an example for all other championships around the world!

The NISMO stream has worked fine all night for me if that is what you are asking.

Thanks mate, looking forward to watching :D

I think you've got it partly wrong here - they penalize heavily for driving infractions that most of us would consider to be rather small, so imagine they'd have no issues in clamping down on poor behaviour under yellow.

Unlike most other championships today, it seems as if the drivers do respect the yellow flags (and the white flags too) and react accordingly in the interest of safety, rather than disregarding them in the hope of gaining an advantage.

Quite a lot of that is probably due to the Japanese mentality - it's a respect thing.

Awesome to see Honda back on the podium again after all the struggles lately. Awesome finish in GT300 as well. Can't wait for Suzuka!

Awesome to see Honda back on the podium again after all the struggles lately. Awesome finish in GT300 as well. Can't wait for Suzuka!

What was the finish in GT300 in the end? I had to leave early sadly.

IMO, this sort of action should be used as an example for all other championships around the world!
No, it is a disgrace to see that the lives of track workers and marshalls mean very little compared to the entertainment of the fans having to endure the terrible burden of a safety car for 3 laps.

SVX
Quite a lot of that is probably due to the Japanese mentality - it's a respect thing.

Respect is gonna stop you plowing into an unprotected marshall/vehicle. "Oh they're so much better behaved than every other series". Screw that, when there's a silly freak accident and a marshall gets splattered onto the tarmac, then what?

SVX
What was the finish in GT300 in the end? I had to leave early sadly.
ARTA M6 was being chased down by the Hitotsuyama R8, and was only one tenth ahead at the finish after a drag race to the line.

People please stop pretending to know the rules on recovering vehicles. We need someone who is a senior of this series and speaks Japanese to fill us in. So that new Lexus LC GT500 will make it's public appearance next round at the Suzuka 1000!

Back