2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know, but I would like this idea of "Indycar" reborn under an officiating body which does have the brains it was born with. And with people who would not end the series in August after only 11 races.
Is that the Spinal Tap series you are talking about that only goes to 11 because this weekend is race 13 of 16. The season opener at Brazil would have made it 17 races.

On behalf of the Indycar and Formula One community, I think it would be appropriate to dedicate lap 17 of this race to Jules Bianchi and with a moment of silence.

Not going to happen. Only one driver currently in Indycar/Indy Lights knew him and Jules never even thought about sitting in an Indycar, let alone racing one. Furthermore, probably less than 1% of the crowd for Iowa on Saturday Night knew who he was and, from 3rd-Party accounts, don't think too highly of Indycar anyway...

So it's time for Iowa Speedway to get its shine on tonight. Iowa is certainly one of my favorite modern courses. It's a 7/8 mile course with an intermediate oval feel. Sure hope they'll put on a good show tonight (pending Mother Nature or some other distractions).

Good luck to all drivers and teams tonight.

You know what you have to do, Dixon! Could be a pivotal race in terms of the championship now...

Satellite reception is messed up by weather. That's not a reason to hate DirecTV, that's something that's out of their control.

Satellite reception is messed up by weather. That's not a reason to hate DirecTV, that's something that's out of their control.
I know it's out of their control. I just hate it because of the sometimes not-too-great reception.

Back on topic: Rahal with a tire going down, unscheduled stop, lost 2 laps.

I like the sight of the crowd at Iowa. Wish that was a common sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back