2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it have lights?
No.
That date this year is listed at 6:29pm but with the 2hr time limit they should be ok.
Only if they get the race started within 29 minutes of TV coverage starting.

Edit: I guess that puts the Sept 18th race at Chicagoland Speedway for the Sprint Cup Series on NBC or they're running into a problem with scheduling.

If only ABC would air more races than the 5 they do since NBC can't air them.
And have Scott Badyear explain every race that the wheel that the driver holds in their hands is attached to the front wheels and also changes the gears like it is the first time anybody has every thought of that, please no.:(

NBCSN is actually good coverage. It's just not cable, which probably explains why it's better quality commentating.

And have Scott Badyear explain every race that the wheel that the driver holds in their hands is attached to the front wheels and also changes the gears like it is the first time anybody has every thought of that, please no.:(
ABC's coverage would be halfway decent of they dumped him. Allen Bestwick and Cheever (you guys will go ape:censored: on me for saying that) are pretty good
NBCSN is actually good coverage. It's just not cable, which probably explains why it's better quality commentating.
NBCSN is cable and does the best job imo. The problem is that NBC can't air any races so my proposal would to get ABC to air more races to help grow the audiance. Honestly, what is abc airing in the spring and summer (bar the NBA finals)?

Cheever took too many hits to the head during his career and it seems like it effects him in the commentary booth. Someone needs to get Dario Franchitti on Indycar commentary. The work he's done for Formula E coverage has been fantastic.

Cheever took too many hits to the head during his career and it seems like it effects him in the commentary booth. Someone needs to get Dario Franchitti on Indycar commentary. The work he's done for Formula E coverage has been fantastic.
What exactly is wrong with Cheever? I don't get it. Scott talks to us like we're all 5 and should be given the boot.

I fully agree with you on Dario getting a spot in the booth though.

Cheever doesn't seem all that bright at all times, I'd say.

Also, NBCSN has been getting higher ratings for Indycar than ABC has ever had, outside of the Indy 500.

Cheever doesn't seem all that bright at all times, I'd say.

Also, NBCSN has been getting higher ratings for Indycar than ABC has ever had, outside of the Indy 500.
Not necessarily: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/06/indycar-ratings-abc-detroit-mixed-season-average-up/

NBCSN has never had over million viewers for a race. But for it to be cable vs free to air, they are close.

To make everyone happy hopefully they get rid of ABC and let NBC/NBCSN air all of the races including the Indy 500.

Man, on closer inspection, that calendar is seriously awful, oone week between round 2 and 3, then Indy 500, followed by Detroit then the next round, all week after week after week, spread it out! This could end in the first week of November no problem, without adding races,

Man, on closer inspection, that calendar is seriously awful, oone week between round 2 and 3, then Indy 500, followed by Detroit then the next round, all week after week after week, spread it out! This could end in the first week of November no problem, without adding races,
The problem is this mindset Indycar executives have of making it a summer series where it's back to back races but then spread the rest out over the other 4 months. What they should do is have a one week break between each race (aka race every other week).

I hate that Milwaukee is gone but hopefully the return to Road America will help bring that market back. Miles said in his press conference today they hope to add a couple of international races to the schedule at the start of the season in the future before the St.Pete date.

The back-to-back dates after LB and Indy are Ok with me and the Iowa date is fit in between Xfinity 6/19-7/30 dates and Toronto which is locked in.The bad thing about that Iowa date is it takes place on a Sunday night and if it rains they will be screwed. The Saturday night TV spot was taken by Nascar at Kentucky so it was either run against that on CNBC or try for a exclusive Sunday night race up against MLB on ESPN.

Phoenix is a multi-year deal and Indycar will have it's preseason testing session there in February. http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...eturn-phoenix-international-raceway/74634528/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back