2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Captain said no to Juan's French vacation in June.

I'm guessing they would want him to be present for the test, which is usually on the same weekend as Detroit.

I'm also guessing if Roger had a problem with it the test wouldn't be happening in the first place.

Edit: The Le Mans test is on June 5, which is indeed the weekend of Detroit.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they would want him to be present for the test, which is usually on the same weekend as Detroit.

I'm also guessing if Roger had a problem with it the test wouldn't be happening in the first place.

Kevin Estre had the same issue this year but like JPM he is a platinum rated driver so his track time can be done the week of the race. He would have to leave Dallas late Saturday night after the Texas race,fly to Paris,and be in Le Mans on Monday for scrutineering.

Or maybe wasn't going to happen anyway going off his interview during the USGP last week.

Bingo. Even Montoya said Roger allowed him to do it.

Kevin Estre had the same issue this year but like JPM he is a platinum rated driver so his track time can be done the week of the race. He would have to leave Dallas late Saturday night after the Texas race,fly to Paris,and be in Le Mans on Monday for scrutineering.

Of course, but I don't think they would want a driver only having a few laps at a new track before putting him in during the race (Estre at least had some experience on the Bugatti Circuit and was in LMP2). Not to mention the car will more than likely have some upgrades between now and Le Mans.

Of course, but I don't think they would want a driver only having a few laps at a new track before putting him in during the race (Estre at least had some experience on the Bugatti Circuit and was in LMP2). Not to mention the car will more than likely have some upgrades between now and Le Mans.
If GT Academy guys who never sat in a race car and Tracy Krohn can do it than I doubt that JPM will have any issues.

Seat time if they wanted him to would not be a issue with the pre-season official test in March and the #19 ( will become #3 car) likely entry at the WEC 6hr Spa May 7th which is a week before the Indy GP.

In the end it was either Roger or Connie's call-or both.:lol:

If GT Academy guys who never sat in a race car and Tracy Krohn can do it than I doubt that JPM will have any issues.

The GTA guys get plenty of practice before hand. The Krohn bit is a surprise to me as it seems he's constantly proving the opposite.

I also don't doubt that JPM would be just fine, I'm just not sure Porsche would want their race put in jeopardy by putting a driver with little experience with the car at Le Mans behind the wheel.

Speaking of aero kits and the cars in general, does Indycar still have the goal set of breaking the speed record for this 500?
I would assume so.

That reminds me, how close did they get this year? I can't remember it outside of all the rage going on regarding the cars going airborne.

Jay Frye’s vast understanding of our industry’s entire field of play, developed most especially through his strong work in NASCAR"
Please don't bring the cancer of their governing body over here.
He never worked in the governing body, but he was responsible for 2 strong race teams, before one was bought out by Bobby Ginn, and the other shut down due to lack of interest in Dietrich Mateschitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back