2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* Another boring, typical crashfest Street Circuit that has little to no life to it and is the same usual craptastic accident that every one that isn't Long Beach, Toronto or St Pete is? No thank you, there's enough of this crap with Detroit and we all know the only reason ITS still there.

*sigh* Another boring, typical crashfest Street Circuit that has little to no life to it and is the same usual craptastic accident that every one that isn't Long Beach is? No thank you, there's enough of this crap with Detroit and we all know the only reason ITS still there.
I'll do my judging after the race there, it might be a great venue or terrible like Houston, but no one knows until the race happens.

I'll do my judging after the race there, it might be a great venue or terrible like Houston.

After having the same open-minded thinking for Houston, Baltimore, Detroit and Brazil (combined with F1 which also has the tendency to look for boring piece of crap street circuits), its hard for me to keep an open mind whenever a potential new street circuit gets announced.

After having the same open-minded thinking for Houston, Baltimore, Detroit and Brazil (combined with F1 which also has the tendency to look for boring piece of crap street circuits), its hard for me to keep an open mind whenever a potential new street circuit gets announced.
That was a great circuit imo and wish it was never dropped, remember the last lap pass in 2013? I do agree with you on Baltimore though.

If IndyCar wants to come to Brazil, either they come to Interlagos or to Curitiba. The other tracks around here aren't up to the standard.

I still wonder why in all of these years IRL never tried Interlagos. I still wish for the day that we get in the same year WEC, F1 and Indy.

If IndyCar wants to come to Brazil, either they come to Interlagos or to Curitiba. The other tracks around here aren't up to the standard.

I still wonder why in all of these years IRL never tried Interlagos. I still wish for the day that we get in the same year WEC, F1 and Indy.
I debated this very thing a few months ago, I think the reason is that the promoters of the Formula One race at Interlagos and the Indycar race in São Paulo were major TV corporation rivals and didn't want to be at the same venue. So it's not F1 or Indycar's fault that Indycar can't race at Interlagos, it's the promoters, but without promoters, there's no racing for either series.

Well, yes, they have different promoters... I wish they could put differences aside though.

Pocono. http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/122635-indycar-pocono-set-to-return-in-2016

Confirmed

3/13 St.Pete
4/2 Phoenix (likely)
4/17 Long Beach
4/24 Barber
5/14 Indy GP
5/29 Indy 500
6/4-5 Detroit
6/11 Texas

6/26 Road America
7/9 Iowa (likely)
7/17 Toronto
7/23 Milwaukee (rumored) State fair runs from 8/4-8/14 so either here or 8/21 or 8/28
7/31 Mid-Ohio
8/21 Pocono
9/4 Boston
9/18 Sonoma

NBC has the summer Olympics during August in 2016 so they will probably have to show the Pocono race on ESPN/ABC.

Pocono. http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/122635-indycar-pocono-set-to-return-in-2016

Confirmed

3/13 St.Pete
4/2 Phoenix (likely)
4/17 Long Beach
4/24 Barber
5/14 Indy GP
5/29 Indy 500
6/4-5 Detroit
6/11 Texas
6/26 Road America

7/9 Iowa (likely)
7/17 Toronto
7/23 Milwaukee (rumored) State fair runs from 8/4-8/14 so either here or 8/21 or 8/28
7/31 Mid-Ohio
8/21 Pocono
9/4 Boston
9/18 Sonoma

NBC has the summer Olympics during August in 2016 so they will probably have to show the Pocono race on ESPN/ABC.
The Closing Ceremony is on the 21st so who knows...

I just wouldn't be surprised if they do leave the race at that date..
That date is a done deal. The issue for me is not that the Olympics are because I (and I suspect many other) racing fans could care less about that, the bigger issue is will NBC be able to broadcast that day on NBCSN or maybe CNBC.

The Olympic schedule for Aug 21

Sunday, Aug. 21 — Day 16

Track and Field (8:30 a.m.): The men’s marathon takes to the Rio streets. Kenya is traditionally strong, but Ugandan Stephen Kiprotich pulled off the upset at London 2012. American Meb Keflezighi, the 2004 Olympic silver medalist, hopes to make the U.S. team and compete in Rio at age 41.

Volleyball (12:15 p.m.): Men’s final. This is one of the most coveted gold medals for the host nation. Brazil won gold in 2004 and silver in 2008 (behind the U.S.) and 2012.

Boxing (1 p.m.): Women’s middleweight final. Claressa Shields has not lost since she became the first U.S. Olympic women’s boxing champion at London 2012.

Basketball (2:45 p.m.): Men’s final. The U.S. will go for its third straight gold and should be heavily favored. Spain took silver in 2008 and 2012 but lost in the 2014 World Cup quarterfinals to France.

Closing Ceremony: The Olympic cauldron will be extinguished at the Maracanã and anticipation will grow for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Games and 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Here is the schedule from London 2012 on NBC.Note the last day Aug 12th http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012-london-olympics-tv-schedule-on-nbc-nbcsn-msnbc-cnbc-and-bravo/
2016 B-Ball gold game will likely be on NBC live, boxing on NBCSN, and the 10 other things that didnt make that 2016 schedule filling every other extra minute that day. I think the best case scenario is CNBC which is OK since that channel is in more homes than NBCSN.

BTW this years NBCSN broadcast window started at 2pm ET.

Here is the schedule from London 2012 on NBC.Note the last day Aug 12th http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012-london-olympics-tv-schedule-on-nbc-nbcsn-msnbc-cnbc-and-bravo/
2016 B-Ball gold game will likely be on NBC live, boxing on NBCSN, and the 10 other things that didnt make that 2016 schedule filling every other extra minute that day. I think the best case scenario is CNBC which is OK since that channel is in more homes than NBCSN.

BTW this years NBCSN broadcast window started at 2pm ET.
CNBC would be best, plus they already use that for F1 coverage when the Premier League interferes.

RLL doesn't need to add a 2nd car. They should stick to one car and continue that momentum they had this season and take it to Penske again in the championship battle.

RLL doesn't need to add a 2nd car. They should stick to one car and continue that momentum they had this season and take it to Penske again in the championship battle.
They could have used a 2nd car at Sonoma when they were struggling to find a setup.

Possibly, but that could have meant 2 cars struggling with setup and no gains made.
Yeah,or not and Rahal doesnt get boxed out by the 3 Ganassi cars that finished in the top 4 and taken out Bourdais when running 6th. If it was me I would rather have the ability to see what we could do different on a teammates car then standing around getting pissed that my car is junk and we have no answers and a limited amount of time to solve the problem.

Just saying... there's no guarantee that a second car would have made any difference there. Regardless, he was still hanging around the top 5 with a car that was awful. While Graham may not have enjoyed driving the car, and getting punted out of the race, I'm pretty sure he'd take the overall season performance he had this year with no 2nd team car than what he had in previous years when the team had a 2nd car.

For those interested in the RA race, camping tickets go on sale 11/9. They will be $170 + a $35 camping voucher.

I thought it would be more seeing that the WSCC is $140.

• March 13, St. Petersburg, ABC
  • April 2, Phoenix, NBCSN
  • April 17, Long Beach, NBCSN
  • April 24, Barber, NBCSN
  • May 14, Indianapolis GP, ABC
  • May 21-22, Indianapolis 500 qualifying, ABC
  • May 29, Indianapolis 500, ABC
  • June 4-5, Detroit (2 races), ABC
  • June 11, Texas, NBCSN
  • June 26, Road America, NBCSN
  • July 10, Iowa, NBCSN
  • July 17, Toronto, NBCSN
  • July 31, Mid-Ohio, NBCSN
  • August 21, Pocono, NBCSN
  • Sept. 4, Boston, NBCSN
  • Sept. 18, Sonoma, NBCSN
http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...cially-confirmed-tv-and-start-times-released/

Start times aren't listed, for some reason.

They had to post those in post edit.
  • March 13, St. Petersburg, ABC 12:30pm
  • April 2, Phoenix, NBCSN 8pm
  • April 17, Long Beach, NBCSN 4pm
  • April 24, Barber, NBCSN 3pm
  • May 14, Indianapolis GP, ABC 3:30pm
  • May 21-22, Indianapolis 500 qualifying, ABC
  • May 29, Indianapolis 500, ABC 11am
  • June 4-5, Detroit (2 races), ABC 3:30pm
  • June 11, Texas, NBCSN 8pm
  • June 26, Road America, NBCSN 12:30pm
  • July 10, Iowa, NBCSN 5pm
  • July 17, Toronto, CNBC 3pm
  • July 31, Mid-Ohio, CNBC 2pm
  • August 21, Pocono, NBCSN 3pm
  • Sept. 4, Boston, NBCSN 2pm
  • Sept. 18, Sonoma, NBCSN 7pm
Still disappointed that Auto Club and Milwaukee are out, but a Phoenix night race? I'm interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back