2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to stop with the "low energy" comments :sly::lol:.
bruh.jpg

That is just a slightly altered F3.

It's being built by Tatuus to F3 specs, but it will only cost $51,400, which is approximately half of what it costs to buy an F3 chassis.

Apparently this will also be the new Star Mazda chassis starting in 2018.

If what you say is true, Northstar, I'll be pretty excited seeing these cars in action. I'd say it would be a great bargain to race these cars.

Yeah, there is quite abit barrowed from the look of things. Interesting though is the turning veins on the corners of the Nose wing, very interesting pieces. Hopefully, they are much sturdier then the Top kicks that debuted at St Pete.

A slightly random question, but does anyone know if Newgarden will have the GoPro sponsorship, which he picked up in the last few rounds of 2015, for 2016?

Select races. I believe he still has Century 21 as well. They haven't specified who sponsors what with Hartman not around anymore.

Century 21 is on Newgarden's car for the first 4 races of the year. GoPro haven't announced any full-car sponsorship races as of yet.

The reason I was asking about GoPro in the first place is because I was reading on WreckedMagazine.com that GoPro did not renew its deal as title sponsor of Formula Drift. Apparently their stock has dropped rather severly since peaking in 2014, and it seems like they are pulling back on spending.

I thought Newgarden's GoPro livery last year was awesome, and it was good to see him pick up more sponsorship, so I'm hoping he manages to keep it for 2016.

Can't see that happening, he is bringing money so chip will honor it.

If he was in the target seat then yes I can see that, the bspec team gets an after thought.

If his performance last season in Indy Lights, and his ability to finish races in F1 is any indication, I think Max will do just fine in Indycar. Besides, if he manages to finish every race, that's a step ahead of what Sage Karam managed last year in the same car.

Even if he wasn't a pay driver, Ganassi doesn't exactly hire bad drivers. Sage just wasn't ready for Indycar/he got pushed through developmental ranks too quickly. Give him a few years and you might see him mature as a driver and be better suited for an Indycar season. There is Memo Rojas, but he wasn't that bad of a driver until the last few seasons when he started becoming too aggressive.

This will be quite a bit different to F1, if he isn't at the back at every race he will have quite a few drivers to deal with and the driving standards at the midfield of the Indy fields isn't the best at times.

and when it comes to Ovals a bit of luck is involved to not get caught up in other incidents, I think His lights experience will help him with the adaptability so lets see how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back