2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain what differences you're referring to,
F1 typically has one lane and the box and drivers are not supposed to release with cars passing by.
image.jpeg

Many Indycar pitlanes have a main travel lane, a slowdown/merge lane and then the box. Cars travel side by side many times but penalties are given if there's a collision (f1 penalizes even if there's no collision for unsafe release).
image.jpeg

So, would it be better to adopt safer F1 style pitlanes and rules or keep the American style pits and rules which have better action?

Last edited:
I think that cars coming in should have to be in the slow-down lane several spaces before their box. That way, they will be a little slower and a lot more obvious. Both of the pit-lane wrecks we have seen have been from last moment lane change and lack of attention due to them being in the outer lane close to their pit box, then diving in at the last minute.

It's a hard question to answer, though. We shall see.

F1 typically has one lane and the box and drivers are not supposed to release with cars passing by.
View attachment 579049

Many Indycar pitlanes have a main travel lane, a slowdown/merge lane and then the box. Cars travel side by side many times but penalties are given if there's a collision (f1 penalizes even if there's no collision for unsafe release).
View attachment 579050

So, would it be better to adopt safer F1 style pitlanes and rules or keep the American style pits and rules which have better action?
Shouldn't be too hard to do, it's just a matter of "painting" I'd suppose.

Ignore this. I didn't even read the article before posting it.
Plus, still no delete post button?

Last edited:
View attachment 579049

View attachment 579050

F1 uses as much lanes as they can, but it's usually 1 on the tracks they go on, several use 2 lanes though.

The remainder of the postponed Texas race. :D Tonight I believe. Gonna be weird restarting from only partially through the race about 2-3 months later. :lol:

What sucks is that its not an entire race restart, Josef is 100 points from Pagenaud, and Connor Daly isn't that far off beating an Andretti overall, and poised to take it further up the championship order,

Engines are being warmed, pace car is at the end of pit road, CareFlight has arrived, track lights are on, but the pylons are still dark.

So, uh... you folks ready for some IndyCar Series racing tonight? Time for the Lone Star State to get its shine on after last time didn't go so well. Good luck to all drivers and teams tonight around my home/native state's fastest battleground.

Invocation and National Anthem done, Holmatro is in position, command should be coming shortly. I guess the pylons aren't being used tonight. Yeah the massive 🤬 TV shows everthing, but I'd rather have them on instead of having to wait for the crawl.

What's this talk about the pylons (not watching the race), do you mean the scoring pylons?
Yes. TMS has two but right now...never mind.

One pylon is lit, engines fired, cars are on track, crews are heading to their pits, one to green.

Lots of close calls on pit road.
Edit: I now can't decide who's at fault. One angle makes it seem like Carpenter turned in on Dixon, but another makes it look like Dixon didn't turn. Tough call.

Last edited:
Geez Ed, I hope your spotter said clear because you just went straight where everyone arcs in for the corner.

OHH 🤬!

Unless I lost count, by my eyes Hinchcliff is the only one on the lead lap now.

Kanaan is on the lead lap I believe, maybe Aleshin as well. Commercial break so I'll edit in here in a sec.

Top 5 on lead lap currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back