2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
  • 138,099 views
How about just "Adelaide"?

It's not as catchy as Clipsal though.
 
Hopefully the sponsor that replaces it can be as catchy and iconic as Clipsal. I highly doubt it though.
 
Hopefully the sponsor that replaces it can be as catchy and iconic as Clipsal. I highly doubt it though.

Well Clipsal have a new range of switchgear called Iconic.... So maybe it'll be known as the Iconic now :)




Sorry, I'm in the electrical trade...It's the electrical nerd coming out in me :lol:
 
The Shell V-Power 500. Wait for it.
Sorry, but I can't see that happening at all.
Why would Shell, er, shell out for naming rights sponsorship of an event where they're guaranteed pretty good exposure by the media for their re-emergence as a primary sponsor on two very high profile entries?
Unless you know something I don't, I'll be amazed if this happens.
 
Given the recent advertising campaigns run by the tourist board of South Australia, I think the best name would be the Terrible Cover of INXS 500, or the Nick Cave Will Murder You 500.
 
Sorry, but I can't see that happening at all.
Why would Shell, er, shell out for naming rights sponsorship of an event where they're guaranteed pretty good exposure by the media for their re-emergence as a primary sponsor on two very high profile entries?
Unless you know something I don't, I'll be amazed if this happens.
Nah, just taking a stab at it. Haven't Shell sponsored the series in the past? They continue to sponsor one of the longest running touring car teams in history. Why not jump on this?
 
It will probably become the OTR 500 after the massive chain of 'On The Run' stores, until they open their own circuit at Tailem Bend,
 
0Q5A6946.jpg
 
But what am I going to call the race now? Saying "can't wait until Clipsal" or "Clipsal was great this year" is too easy, anything else is a hassle.
OMG seriously? I've only ever called the race the "Clipsal 500" - same as my dad. It would feel so awkward saying "Adelaide 500". But I bet most will still call it the "Clipsal 500"
 
OMG seriously? I've only ever called the race the "Clipsal 500" - same as my dad. It would feel so awkward saying "Adelaide 500". But I bet most will still call it the "Clipsal 500"
Kinda proves they don't need to sponsor it anymore lol.
 
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/12/01/van-gisbergens-regret-retirement-saga/
That really sucked. I had bought his Scalextic replica, just for him to sign when V8s would have been at the AGP. I believed in the kid. Him, Slade and Holdsworth. Betty had a hand in it too. She should have just ran the Falcons for a year or two, but as he put it, wouldn't have mattered.

He can drive, but I just walk past his garage when I'm at a race.
 
OMG seriously? I've only ever called the race the "Clipsal 500" - same as my dad. It would feel so awkward saying "Adelaide 500". But I bet most will still call it the "Clipsal 500"

Just like how everyone on the Gold Coast still calls the gc600 Indy. It will always be Clipsal.
 
So the REC for Super Black Racing has been sold to BJR, so basically a switch in terms of REC's with Bright's going to PRA and Super Black going to BJR. So nothing really changes there.
 
I'm not as excited as I'd normally be about this event. Haven't even taped practice or TCM. Guess I'm waiting on news about the Gen2 cars more than anything.

It's like waiting in news about Gran Turismo. I know what the Bathurst 12H, 6H, TCR( in the works), AGT and other series' are doing. Still nothing about SuperUtes.
 
So the REC for Super Black Racing has been sold to BJR, so basically a switch in terms of REC's with Bright's going to PRA and Super Black going to BJR. So nothing really changes there.
Correction-
The Super Black Racing REC has been sold by Rusty French to Tim Blanchard & his family.
This will enable him to continue at BJR for the 2017 season.
 
Hopefully Scotty can spoil the Red Bull party up front today.
 
If there was ever a time for Reynolds to get back at SVG for Phillip Island last year, today is the day...

Gonna be hard for him starting in 26th after being excluded from Qualifying.
 
The bad start from SVG certainly makes this race more interesting. I suspect it won't be too long, before he's back up with Whincup and Lowndes though.
 
SVG turns Frosty around. He's getting a penalty for that one for sure.

EDIT- Yep, just got a PLP.
 
I swear a saw an article today with Shane saying he was going to play it safe today. So much for that it seems.
 
I swear a saw an article today with Shane saying he was going to play it safe today. So much for that it seems.

He probably hit the panic buttons, after having that bad start. Ambitious move to come from that far back.
 
Whincup BETTER not get the C'hip. Seriously. BETTER NOT!
 
I swear a saw an article today with Shane saying he was going to play it safe today. So much for that it seems.

He sure didn't pay attention to how Rosberg handled extreme pressure.
 
Back