2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
Whincup BETTER not get the C'hip. Seriously. BETTER NOT!
I don't want him too, but I keep flip flopping between both him and Van Gisbergen. I despise both of them so it's the matter of who's the lesser of the two evils. And in that case, it's probably Whincup. But then I don't want him to win another championship as it'll boost the tyres on the Whincup Fanboy Bandwagon. So then I want Van Gisbergen to win it. It's horribly conflicting.

Its just insane to think 7 Championships in today's cars. 7 in less than 10years? If he doesn't get it, that's still a T8 driver adding to the achievement.

I'll pick Giz over Winstoncup any day out of those two.

I'm also losing confidence in Chaz. He's an ace. Hope he can come through next season.

DJRTP. They MUST get it together. Just don't know if anyone is even looking at the data. If Whincup pits... Pit! They are killing me.

Edit: We'll see what fresh rubber can do for Giz in these last laps.

Last edited:
Van Gisbergen has caught up onto the tail of Todd now. This is quite an interesting battle. SVG can take the title right here.

And now SVG has won it essentially.

SVG being really stupid there. He could have cruised home behind Scotty and still won the championship. But no, had to push it. Would have served him right if he binned it. Props to Courtney for not giving him an inch.

Really hoping next year includes less Red Bull cars at the front every weekend.

SVG being really stupid there. He could have cruised home behind Scotty and still won the championship. But no, had to push it. Would have served him right if he binned it. Props to Courtney for not giving him an inch.

Really hoping next year includes less Red Bull cars at the front every weekend.
I'm with you. But it was refreshing to see a driver actually going for it and not settling for 4th or 5th. However, he would have ended up with egg on his face had he binned it. Thank god Courtney showed some guts though and didn't give him an inch. More drivers in this series need to do that.

But yeah, hopefully next year we can see a new face at the front of the field next season.

Doubt it with Moffat still getting to know the car and Tander(?) having to learn it as well.
The real hope(in my eyes) lies with Mostert. Frosty is more consistent, but Mostert races harder and quicker. The Nissans are there. So, I definitely see them with HRT as best of the rest.
Pye wont be a slouch. Percat will be quick. Reynolds just might be up there constantly as well.

Anyway, I'm looking way ahead to Newcastle and the Gen2 cars.

Doubt it with Moffat still getting to know the car and Tander(?) having to learn it as well.
The real hope(in my eyes) lies with Mostert. Frosty is more consistent, but Mostert races harder and quicker. The Nissans are there. So, I definitely sew them with HRT as best of the rest.
Pye wont be a slouch. Percat will be quick. Reynolds just might be up there constantly as well.

Anyway, I'm looking way ahead to Newcastle and the Gen2 cars.
I've honestly forgotten about the Gen2 cars. Haven't heard anything really about them and nothing will change for mext year as far as we know so I couldn't be less excited for that, unfortunately.

Congratulations to Shane Van Gisbergen on an amazing recovery drive to clinch the 2016 Championship.

The good news though is that Scotty has jumped Lowndes for 3rd in points. Hopefully he can hang on to it tomorrow.
The only good news this season. Such a bonehead move by Volvo Swe. GRM would be looking at moving up a space or two next year with that S60 had Scottie been in that #33. Damn shame.

I've honestly forgotten about the Gen2 cars. Haven't heard anything really about them and nothing will change for mext year as far as we know so I couldn't be less excited for that, unfortunately.
They'll almost certainly be indistinguishable from the current cars.

I'll be interested in heat management and torque figures for the turbos.
I posted this once before
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/ec3453cd45e090e51d233dd1a17ae21f
If 650nM of torque is the norm in an NA engine, how will VASC dial that in with the TT engines? They'll no doubt be capped at 650hp or near there. The torque will have to be a bit higher Unless that MoTec system has some trick programs.

They could map the torque curve of the engine, but I don't think they can actually cap it or balance it equal to the an NA running 650 hp vs V6 tt running it.

You know I wish that VASC would allow you to share their videos on facebook (just the video, not a link to their page where the video is) or that they would upload the video clips to their YouTube account as well. I'm sure there are licensing issues or something, but when I want to share a video for friends and family to see, I doubt they want to click a link and go to a different website to see the video.

You know I wish that VASC would allow you to share their videos on facebook (just the video, not a link to their page where the video is) or that they would upload the video clips to their YouTube account as well. I'm sure there are licensing issues or something, but when I want to share a video for friends and family to see, I doubt they want to click a link and go to a different website to see the video.
I thought they do? I might be wrong, but I've shared a few videos on Facebook without it being the whole link to the website deal. It might be restricted to certain videos though...

I thought they do? I might be wrong, but I've shared a few videos on Facebook without it being the whole link to the website deal. It might be restricted to certain videos though...
I always end up with a link to the flash player on their website.

Latest Posts

Back