2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
They could map the torque curve of the engine, but I don't think they can actually cap it or balance it equal to the an NA running 650 hp vs V6 tt running it.
That trick then becomes something physically restrictive. Not much to BoP the cars but weight penalty. The rules still haven't been revealed in full. Do TTs get a weight penalty? Limit power in the first 2 gears?
Holden/RBRA might dictate those rules with their tests. Because no way Roland Dane will be handicapped if he's overseeing this program.

GRM/Kia ;) will be smart as always. If Garry has a chat with Kia-Hyundai about that engine and what it needs, he'll make sure they're on point for 2018

That trick then becomes something physically restrictive. Not much to BoP the cars but weight penalty. The rules still haven't been revealed in full. Do TTs get a weight penalty? Limit power in the first 2 gears?
Holden/RBRA might dictate those rules with their tests. Because no way Roland Dane will be handicapped if he's overseeing this program.

GRM/Kia ;) will be smart as always. If Garry has a chat with Kia-Hyundai about that engine and what it needs, he'll make sure they're on point for 2018

You could do that or do something fuel flow wise, thus forcing turbo cars to be more efficient and plan out how the power is delivered. Or have the headache we saw in WEC and other series and mess with boost all season or race to race to try and make it fair against NA cars.

You could do that or do something fuel flow wise, thus forcing turbo cars to be more efficient and plan out how the power is delivered. Or have the headache we saw in WEC and other series and mess with boost all season or race to race to try and make it fair against NA cars.
We've seen how the fuel situation has panned out in the these past 3 years. The twin cam engines are still at a disadvantage.
Being a 20yo developed engine, who knows if the PRA and DJRTP V8s still best the field at fuel economy. That may be the TTs Achilles.

Interesting with the boost controller method. Holdens are known for putting the power down well out of corners. If that can be transferred to the Gen2 car, could be another advantage. Good point.

If it's a choice between Whincup and van Gisbergen, it's like asking if you'd prefer a punch in the face or a punch in the crotch. You have to pick one, but neither is going to be much fun.

Perfect analogy.

That was a phenomenal drive yesterday from SVG though.

Perfect analogy.

That was a phenomenal drive yesterday from SVG though.
He had some help from Dale Wood. He owes that guy a drink. Or whoever made the part that failed. :lol:

Edit: I keep seeing this in my facebook feed. Anyone want to tell me why I am sharing it here? :P

15326533_10154641301110535_2918514529083440404_n.jpg

Last edited:
So, today is the last race for the "V8 Supercars" as we've known them for the past 20 years. Where's the montage? Motorsport in this country will never be the same again. The next couple of years will either make or break the premier touring car series which will now be known as "Supercars" - I'm worried that touring car racing would die if the new Gen 2 format fails... Then again, if the proposed "Formula Thunder 5000's" get enough backing, who knows? It may become a great series in the future. But anyway....

It's the end of the world as we know it.

That's pretty damn cool. Congrats Tander 👍

He had some help from Dale Wood. He owes that guy a drink. Or whoever made the part that failed. :lol:

Edit: I keep seeing this in my facebook feed. Anyone want to tell me why I am sharing it here? :P

Roland Dane, is that you?

I could spend all day telling you why I hate Seti, but uh you've given one of those many.

Not being mean at all, but if the S60s dont make the grid, could open up a place for 3 Nissans to be in the top 10 continuously.

DJRTP are going to have work overtime to make sure Scottie is in the top 10 every race next season. At the moment, he's actually going backwards.

Back