Touring Cars 2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and Talk

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Cap'n Jack, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Dustone

Dustone

Congrats Frosty on a well deserved win! It was in the bag pretty much and he sealed it nicely. Im happy for him, he has been trying for so long so it would have been a shame to see him retire years later without winning. IMO Chaz will probably be the better of the two from next year onwards because he has some scary fast pace for such a young guy!! He did brilliantly this year until his unfortunate accident.

Bring on 2016!

BTW I have just 'acquired' the 2001 full season races, currently getting the 2002 season and further seasons after that to bring back some good memories of the old days :D

Spacegoat likes this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

3. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Or Holden is making sure they do everything they can to stay in the series since they know Ford is slowly fading out. That is of course unless Penske can convince Ford USA to inject some $$$.

4. nissman

nissman

So when is Todd Kelly retiring.. would be nice to have fast drivers in the Nissans next season.

5. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

sorry for a second i thought you were serious

6. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I thought Monster was owned by Anheiser-Busch :confused:

7. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

Coca Cola own 16% of Monster Beverage Corporation who is the parent company of Monster Energy.

8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

He'll be faster than the guy replacing Moffat. I guarantee it.

9. Dustone

Dustone

Agreed, Todd is slowly fading away but Im guessing its all about $$$ as usual. He owns the team and probably can bring in some sponsorship so why pay someone else unless they can bring in sponsorship aswell

nissman likes this.
  10. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

11. girabyt3

girabyt3

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

The Stig Farmer likes this.
  13. girabyt3

girabyt3

Well yeah, but for me, it's kind of confusing. I even went to the link you left, and the photo, if I get it right, shows the GT academy logo on the hood, but any driver related to GT academy it's not on the team from what I know

14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

For the last races of the season Nissan requested that they change the livery on the hood (bonnet) to reflect that of the current GT3 car. I wouldn't read too much into that other than they want all their cars to have a similar appearance.

15. girabyt3

girabyt3

Oh, ok then. Thanks :)

16. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

This seems real interesting for me as I live in the Central Coast.

What is even more interesting, they are planing on making it at Gosford, I live 15 Minutes away from it http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...olympic-park-for-gosford-20151206-glgqh9.html

For a track, I think Gosford has a lot of potential, 2 weeks ago I went on to make a track based on the City and it has a lot of interesting roads to use (not to mention I catch the Bus through Gosford as my School is on the other side of Gosford), it sorta feels like a Road Course track in a City.

17. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

I can't imagine that a race on the Central Coast would close out the season - it's more likely that Eastern Creek will be moved to the finale and Gosford run mid-seaaon.

18. 05XR8

05XR8

19. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

I actually agree with this, Gosfords environment isn't really final round material.

Eastern Greek will be good, brings back the days of 2003 and 2004

20. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Looking at Google Maps, there's an immediate problem: there's no way to take in the showgrounds and stadium without cutting off access to a hospital (and a high school). Gosford has a pretty small CBD, so any circuit will likely interfere with residential areas, and its position relative to its satellite towns will massively inconvenience thousands of people.

Cap'n Jack likes this.
  21. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

Removed, due to the fact I was mentioning a different School.

Though I know there are some alternative routes the vehicles can take (though longer), it would probably be like the Australian Grand Prix where all forms of transport would have to take Alternative routes during the racing week (even though the AGP took place in a park, they had to restrict a lot of City areas nearby when I was there this year)

EDIT: I still see possibilities if they made the track around south and east of Gosford and enter East Gosford as well, away from the School and the Hospital.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  22. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

This is the best that I can do whilst sticking to the 3.5km maximum length rule:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=6762974&rf=1

23. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

Ironically that is how I designed the Gosford track 2 weeks ago (though it was a bit longer).

24. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

As with any street circuit, options are limited by existing urban geography.

RESHIRAM5 likes this.
  25. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

Yeah, this is why I said any design in Gosford would be awkward. There's too much residential and the commercial areas don't appear to create a loop of any sorts (without going through those residential areas). I think Newy might offer more possibilities, although admittedly I haven't really explored the CBD there much, but I'd imagine there's more options there since it's quite a bit bigger.

We don't really need yet another street circuit really, but they bring government money and attract bigger crowds. It would be awesome if the series could finish somewhere like Symmonds Plains or Hidden Valley but that's completely unfeasible.

26. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

27. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

It's scary how close that design is to my mums and sisters houses. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    prisonermonkeys likes this.
  28. LumpiestFish

LumpiestFish

That would be amazing, would remind me of Le Mans (Obviously not in size, but more the forest style). It would look amazing if the race finished in the twilight. Although it would be a heck of a lot of temporary fencing and barriers around the track.

29. 05XR8

05XR8

Maybe not at night with 6' roos hopping around.

30. 05XR8

05XR8