2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
Congrats Frosty on a well deserved win! It was in the bag pretty much and he sealed it nicely. Im happy for him, he has been trying for so long so it would have been a shame to see him retire years later without winning. IMO Chaz will probably be the better of the two from next year onwards because he has some scary fast pace for such a young guy!! He did brilliantly this year until his unfortunate accident.

Bring on 2016!

BTW I have just 'acquired' the 2001 full season races, currently getting the 2002 season and further seasons after that to bring back some good memories of the old days :D

Or Holden is making sure they do everything they can to stay in the series since they know Ford is slowly fading out. That is of course unless Penske can convince Ford USA to inject some $$$.

So when is Todd Kelly retiring.. would be nice to have fast drivers in the Nissans next season.

Agreed, Todd is slowly fading away but Im guessing its all about $$$ as usual. He owns the team and probably can bring in some sponsorship so why pay someone else unless they can bring in sponsorship aswell

The prize for GT Academy has always been to drive for RJN. This should not be a surprise. Australian winners may eventually have a chance at a V8 ride, just not right away. (assuming Nissan sticks around)
Well yeah, but for me, it's kind of confusing. I even went to the link you left, and the photo, if I get it right, shows the GT academy logo on the hood, but any driver related to GT academy it's not on the team from what I know

Well yeah, but for me, it's kind of confusing. I even went to the link you left, and the photo, if I get it right, shows the GT academy logo on the hood, but any driver related to GT academy it's not on the team from what I know
For the last races of the season Nissan requested that they change the livery on the hood (bonnet) to reflect that of the current GT3 car. I wouldn't read too much into that other than they want all their cars to have a similar appearance.

For the last races of the season Nissan requested that they change the livery on the hood (bonnet) to reflect that of the current GT3 car. I wouldn't read too much into that other than they want all their cars to have a similar appearance.
Oh, ok then. Thanks :)

Sydney 500 to possibly be ditched for a street circuit on the central coast? I'm cool with a race up that way, considering half my family lives up in Newcastle, but the proposed location would be a bit awkward for a circuit if my memory of the area is correct.
This seems real interesting for me as I live in the Central Coast.

What is even more interesting, they are planing on making it at Gosford, I live 15 Minutes away from it http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...olympic-park-for-gosford-20151206-glgqh9.html

For a track, I think Gosford has a lot of potential, 2 weeks ago I went on to make a track based on the City and it has a lot of interesting roads to use (not to mention I catch the Bus through Gosford as my School is on the other side of Gosford), it sorta feels like a Road Course track in a City.

I can't imagine that a race on the Central Coast would close out the season - it's more likely that Eastern Creek will be moved to the finale and Gosford run mid-seaaon.

I can't imagine that a race on the Central Coast would close out the season - it's more likely that Eastern Creek will be moved to the finale and Gosford run mid-seaaon.
I actually agree with this, Gosfords environment isn't really final round material.

Eastern Greek will be good, brings back the days of 2003 and 2004

What is even more interesting, they are planing on making it at Gosford, I live 15 Minutes away from it
Looking at Google Maps, there's an immediate problem: there's no way to take in the showgrounds and stadium without cutting off access to a hospital (and a high school). Gosford has a pretty small CBD, so any circuit will likely interfere with residential areas, and its position relative to its satellite towns will massively inconvenience thousands of people.

Looking at Google Maps, there's an immediate problem: there's no way to take in the showgrounds and stadium without cutting off access to a hospital (and a high school). Gosford has a pretty small CBD, so any circuit will likely interfere with residential areas, and its position relative to its satellite towns will massively inconvenience thousands of people.
Removed, due to the fact I was mentioning a different School.

Though I know there are some alternative routes the vehicles can take (though longer), it would probably be like the Australian Grand Prix where all forms of transport would have to take Alternative routes during the racing week (even though the AGP took place in a park, they had to restrict a lot of City areas nearby when I was there this year)

EDIT: I still see possibilities if they made the track around south and east of Gosford and enter East Gosford as well, away from the School and the Hospital.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is why I said any design in Gosford would be awkward. There's too much residential and the commercial areas don't appear to create a loop of any sorts (without going through those residential areas). I think Newy might offer more possibilities, although admittedly I haven't really explored the CBD there much, but I'd imagine there's more options there since it's quite a bit bigger.

We don't really need yet another street circuit really, but they bring government money and attract bigger crowds. It would be awesome if the series could finish somewhere like Symmonds Plains or Hidden Valley but that's completely unfeasible.

Back