2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
  • 138,095 views
I bet they are just waiting for 2017 so they can run their cars the way they want to rather than conform to the current V8/4-door formula.
 
MARC V8s would be the better platform to see multi manufacturers. any type of engine can fit. as well as the body shapes.
 
I like the speculation in the comments about FG X power plant and shocks in the E63.

Well, I'm glad to have seen and heared the E63s from 2013 to 2015. If they switch to Commondores, so be it. Still a fan of the owner and team.
 
Last edited:
I cant see the benefit of Erebus buying new cars just for one season. Unless they get completely destroyed in a crash, we seen how that affected the tekno team financially when they bought new cars for one season,
 
Well the press release says they are talking to engine suppliers so they may only be switching engines. Hopefully they don't do a full switch to Holden, too many of them already.
 
I cant see the benefit of Erebus buying new cars just for one season.

No I can't either. Especially with the Gen 2 rules coming in. They're going to spend the year developing two cars that are going to be pretty much rendered obsolete in 2017. They should just stick it out with the Mercs for another year, imo.
 
I bet Reynolds is starting to regret not taking up that offer from BJR now.
 
I'm wondering if Ford do stay. We might see the Mustang in 2017 with the current V8. Juuuust to make sure the power is there. Then, 2018 with the turbo 4 or the Ford GT's Le Mans V6T.

See, hindsight. Had she stayed with the Fords, she would still have Giz, Slade and Holdsworth. Most defnitely would have had a Championship to her name.
 
Green rims are a winner for me. What happened to Pepsi though? Thought they were going to downsize to just one car next year, are they gone completely?
i think pepsi are moving to waters
 
i think pepsi are moving to waters
They aren't sponsoring PRA anymore. For whatever reason, whether that be a disagreement on terms or a lack of sponsor spots, Pepsi has moved on. Whether they are staying in V8SC remains to be seen. Waters, however, will be bringing ENZED sponsorship, as said above, which is one of the main reasons they are bringing him in over Reynolds who is arguably one of the fastest and more consistent drivers in the field.
 
Called it.
With Lucas Dumbrell saying they're looking for an international driver, does that open the door for someone like Premat to return (despite him being committed to life in Las Vegas)? I still think they'll end up with Heimgartner though. No way an international driver will come out here to race for LDM.

I guess Heimgartner is an International driver, having been born in NZ.
 
Who are the BJR drivers next year?

Also whats happening with Ambrose?
 
Who are the BJR drivers next year?
Bright in #8, Slade in #14 and Blanchard in the Britek #21.

Also whats happening with Ambrose?
He may or may not be a co-driver for the enduros. Otherwise, he's undecided. He has been tipped to take on more of a promotional role for the Penske brand.
 
I bet he's still got it, he just didn't give himself enough time to get used to the new cars. Remember that Pye also struggled during the same time because they were both also developing a new-ish program. Now that Pye is speedy in the equipment, I bet Ambrose would do better as well.
 
Called it.

👍

I like to see Andre get that seat. It would be a pretty interesting battle between himself and Pither in the mid pack.
 
Last edited:
Interesting: PRA are fielding two cars in the Dunlop Series next year, and they have poached Jack LeBrocq from Erebus to drive one of them (with Garry Jacobsen in the other).
 
Interesting: PRA are fielding two cars in the Dunlop Series next year, and they have poached Jack LeBrocq from Erebus to drive one of them (with Garry Jacobsen in the other).

I don't know who manages LeBrocq. He could be on loan like Pye from RD. Betty really needs to get a couple of FG Xs, like today.
 
I don't know who manages LeBrocq. He could be on loan like Pye from RD. Betty really needs to get a couple of FG Xs, like today.
Getting an FG-X would be really good for Erebus, as Reynolds knows his way around them and would certainly be able to help with the setup. And they'd be able to keep them for two seasons (2016 & 2017).
 
Getting an FG-X would be really good for Erebus, as Reynolds knows his way around them and would certainly be able to help with the setup. And they'd be able to keep them for two seasons (2016 & 2017).

She missed out once already. It would be prudent to get a car your 3rd-in-the-championship driver feels comfortable in.
 
Back