2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
Vintage V8's are on fox at the moment, can't hear it at the pub but it's amazing seeing AU's and VT's racing around and some classic liveries

Ah, the days when you drove the full distance in one race, not three races of varying distance.
I honestly like the multiple race weekends, it gives us multiple different actions in 1 weekend.

The only exception to me would be the endurance races as they really should just be full distance for the endurance name (I honestly don't like how the Gold Coast 600 is split into 2x300 races if it is meant to be an endurance race).

I honestly like the multiple race weekends, it gives us multiple different actions in 1 weekend.

The only exception to me would be the endurance races as they really should just be full distance for the endurance name (I honestly don't like how the Gold Coast 600 is split into 2x300 races if it is meant to be an endurance race).

I agree to be honest, id like to see the clipsal 500 be one whole race with 2 drivers, same with gold coast,

With all of this talk about the Potential for Erebus to be purchasing FG-X's, I'm kinda feeling that they will still be a mid pack team, I dont believe that the Mercedes was a bad car, under funded and under developed yes, not having a sufficient driver line up, yes, but the car has always showed signs of promise in the right hands, hopefully they get the right driver to partner up with Dave Reynolds for which ever car they go with,

Touring Car Times has ranked the top thirty touring car drivers in the world for 2015, drawing on each of the major series - V8 Supercars, the BTCC and WTCC, DTM and TCR. V8 Supercar drivers have once again dominated the standings, with four drivers in the top ten, with David Reynolds ranked tenth, Craig Lowndes sixth, Chaz Mostert third and Mark Winterbottom tying with José María López for equal first. Shane van Gisbergen and Jamie Whincup made the top twenty with sixteenth and eighteenth place respectively, while Scott McLaughlin was inside the top thirty, ranked twenty-third.

After watching a couple episodes, this IS a good racing series. I'm looking ahead to the Sydney test day and KLCity(I won't make it next year).

Touring Car Times has ranked the top thirty touring car drivers in the world for 2015, drawing on each of the major series - V8 Supercars, the BTCC and WTCC, DTM and TCR. V8 Supercar drivers have once again dominated the standings, with four drivers in the top ten, with David Reynolds ranked tenth, Craig Lowndes sixth, Chaz Mostert third and Mark Winterbottom tying with José María López for equal first. Shane van Gisbergen and Jamie Whincup made the top twenty with sixteenth and eighteenth place respectively, while Scott McLaughlin was inside the top thirty, ranked twenty-third.

Not sure I agree with the positioning, but at least they're there. (Reynolds better than Whincup? Van Gisbergen better than McLaughlin?)

I can get behind that - Whincup had a massive mid-seaaon slump.

One mid-season slump shouldn't discount the success he has achieved in the past, unless the rankings are solely based on this year alone?

I still find it ironic with the Mercedes Vehicles, despite its many flaws (for reasonable reasons), it won 2 races (more than Nissan's current run) and was the only non-Holden and non-Ford to win a race in 2015.

I do reckon if Mercedes actually gave the team support, they would've been a threat to the championship.

They do get support - just from the AMG customer programme. It's Mercedes-Benz Australia who refuse to support the team, so there is no works funding available and the team cannot call their cars "Mercedes".

They do get support - just from the AMG customer programme. It's Mercedes-Benz Australia who refuse to support the team, so there is no works funding available and the team cannot call their cars "Mercedes".
That's kinda what I mean by support.

The customer program doesn't quite cut it for V8s as it seems.

Is anyone here going to the test day? Can I have you do me a favor?
No Super Test for this year. Only more test days for teams.

That's kinda what I mean by support.

The customer program doesn't quite cut it for V8s as it seems.

EMV8 do and have done everything in house since end of 2014. The Customer program been defunct last year. As noted when the she introduced the V8s, no other series run that engine or body style. Was a tough ask.

Now that they are in Melbourne with their GT squad to cut costs, I'll be surprised if Betty rolls out with the E63s.

Back