2016 WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 4,512 comments
I'm getting extremely excited for the race and this year's season, the surge of the GT classes is really making things hyped! :embarrassed: :drool: GTLM has the show stopper factory battles and GTD has the swaggest GT3 roster around! :D LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!! :D
Got my tickets 2 weeks ago, starting to get antsy. I just wish GTLM factory Vipers had one more year to see an epic American battle between Corvette, Ford GT & Viper.

Lance Stroll ditched the CGR DP on his first outlap :lol:
Milner and Corvette #4 had a major fire.

Who wants to run a poll on how quickly those GTLM M6's get pegged back.
I'd be more inclined to put money on both the Corvette and the M6 being nerfed together since that's what happened last year with the C7R and the Z4 after they both were walking the field.

I'd be more inclined to put money on both the Corvette and the M6 being nerfed together since that's what happened last year with the C7R and the Z4 after they both were walking the field.
I would put more money on the M6 being nerfed to stop more people trying to homologate GT3 cars in GTLM.

I would put more money on the M6 being nerfed to stop more people trying to homologate GT3 cars in GTLM.
If IMSA doesn't want to get embarrassed because a team brought in a GT3 car that gives the GT2 cars a run for their money, they should have never allowed a manufacturer to run a GT3 car in GTLM. They chose to leave that loophole open, so they chose to deal with it.

If IMSA doesn't want to get embarrassed because a team brought in a GT3 car that gives the GT2 cars a run for their money, they should have never allowed a manufacturer to run a GT3 car in GTLM. They chose to leave that loophole open, so they chose to deal with it.
Actually there's no loophole it's running waivers and its GTE , GT2 hasn't been around for a number of years.

Really hoping I can get down to Daytona myself.. All depends on available time and $$$ *crosses fingers*

So the Viper has a new rear wing, and it's HUGE!

Last year:
01232015_Bleekemolen_350x200.jpg

And this year:
010816_ROAR_BC_149327.jpg

Back