Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth pls win Bournemouth

Wenger out.

City 3 - 0 Liverpool, though Liverpool has the lead on red cards. Still 30 minutes to go. :lol:

Liverpool has the lead on red cards.
The images of that red card look amazing - but apparently the call is controversial.

On first impressions, I've no idea how anyone can say that going in with your studs showing on an ankle is a red card, but going in with your studs showing on the side of someone's face isn't, so there must be more to it than the pictures show - but the goalkeeper is being checked over for a fractured jaw and cheekbone...

The images of that red card look amazing - but apparently the call is controversial.

On first impressions, I've no idea how anyone can say that going in with your studs showing on an ankle is a red card, but going in with your studs showing on the side of someone's face isn't, so there must be more to it than the pictures show - but the goalkeeper is being checked over for a fractured jaw and cheekbone...

Really can't understand how someone can call it controversial...

It's a ridiculous challenge and a clear red card!

But yeah, the videos shows how bad the foul really is. Pictures are harder to judge from.

I think the people who are calling it controversial are saying so because Mane wasn't looking at the keeper at all and just the ball. Still IMO a red and by the rule book a red.

Full times.

Man City 5-0 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth
Brighton 3-0 West Brom
Everton 0-3 Tottenham
Leicester 1-2 Chelsea
Southampton 0-2 Watford

Some big wins there!

Mane red was a definite red...

Guess who made Mane their captain this week. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
At least you didn't blow €10 on really enhanced odds on both teams to score in that match. :(

Not too disheartened by the United result and performance yesterday, we all knew that we weren't going to win every game and Stoke is a very difficult place to go but we were let down by some slack defending and being wasteful in attack.

Having seen the Mane challenge several times now and listened and heard everyone else's views on it on social media I am still of the opinion that he deserved to be sent off, he was looking at the ball and it was accidental but you cant expect to make challenges like that in this day and age and get away with it, glad Ederson is ok and Mane apologised afterwards.

Whoever the Dutch guy is who's managing Palace must be looking for an estate agent to sell his house by now. Four matches, four defeats, no goals (against Burnley they had 65% possession and 23 shots - to Burnley's FOUR - and failed to score), all against teams that everyone expects to be just making up the numbers this season. And Liverpool.

If they don't get anything at home against Southampton next Saturday, they've got two away trips to Manchester the following two weeks and might make it to October with 0 in the points and goals columns.

Alfie Mawson just got a boot in the face from Matt Ritchie very similar to the Mane challenge, but Ritchie got a yellow, its 0-0...

Having seen the Mane challenge several times now and listened and heard everyone else's views on it on social media I am still of the opinion that he deserved to be sent off, he was looking at the ball and it was accidental but you cant expect to make challenges like that in this day and age and get away with it, glad Ederson is ok and Mane apologised afterwards.
I don't understand how that is even relevant. Nobody ever tries to get sent off (except maybe Joey Barton) and "I didn't mean to" won't change the ref's mind.

I don't understand how that is even relevant. Nobody ever tries to get sent off (except maybe Joey Barton) and "I didn't mean to" won't change the ref's mind.
No but a player might have intednded to kick another player in anger. Intent is a factor is a number of rules in football such as hand ball / ball to hand, unless you're John Terry. I have to say, in this instance Mane's challenge, which likely was unintentional, has to fall into the categoroy of "SERIOUS FOUL PLAY" described in article 12 of the FA's rules as "A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

Specifically Mane's challenge endangered the safety of his opponent IMO, he may have been going for the ball but he also must have seen Ederson rushing towards him otherwise he wouldn't have gone for the ball while it was so high in the air. All players must know if they put their foot that high in such close proximity to an onrushing opponenet that there is a good chance they could cause an injury.

AC Milan was destroyed yesterday by Lazio and more specifically, Ciro Immobile. He had a hat trick by 48 minutes and then assisted on the 4th in the 50th minute. Montolivo and Biglia were showing their age in the midfield and the Rossoneri have still not learned to play well together. Bonucci in particular has looked very sluggish and a shadow of himself since coming over and the team as a whole are lacking sharpness.

Four matches, four defeats, no goals

An ignominious record now set by both Crystal Palace (for any team from the start of the season) and Frank de Boer (for a manager from his first four games).

Relating back to the discussion about him on the previous page, he might not last much longer. Leaving Inter Milan and Palace after short spells would not do well for his stock.

An ignominious record now set by both Crystal Palace (for any team from the start of the season) and Frank de Boer (for a manager from his first four games).
And-Its-Gone..jpg

De Boer sacked.

That's rough, they would've certainly got something out of yesterdays game had it not been for some absolute howlers (that backpass, nodding wide from 2 yards).

And especially after their chairman's comments on twitter last night. "We have to stick together!" :rolleyes:

De Boer sacked.

And there I was reading a Chris Sutton piece on why sacking him would be madness.

Palace wants to be the new Southampton. They don't want to bring managers who could save them from relegation every season.

They need one now. :ill:

11th September - Frank de Boer (Crystal Palace, sacked) Premier League

Sacked: 2

Total: 2

I honestly don't know which is the worst decision: Sacking de Boer after four games, or replacing him with Hodgson.

I honestly don't know which is the worst decision: Sacking de Boer after four games, or replacing him with Hodgson.
Or hiring de Boer.

Apparently his last two managerial jobs have lasted 162 days. Between them.

This is Hodgson's level though. Say what you want about him at a step too far like Liverpool but he did grand jobs at Fulham and West Brom.

Assuming he gets the job and keeps them up, it'd be a nice way for Hodgson to retire permanently.

Or hiring de Boer.

Apparently his last two managerial jobs have lasted 162 days. Between them.
That includes the Palace job though. He was quite successful with Ajax - four consecutive league titles, overall win ratio >60%.

The De Boer debacle is basically the equivalent of deciding you don't want something immediately after you've agreed to it. In this case, not just a new manager but a change in 'philosophy'. As a United fan, I sort of know how those end...

Can't help but think this one is on the owners. Since the Americans came in they have gone downhill. They're not the only club who've suffered this fate.

Don't feel too sorry for De Boer, he'll get £5 million for those four matches. Its Palace who should take some of the flak, never mind not giving him enough time the decision to hire him in the first place has to be questioned if they knew what they were getting.

He didn't last longer that Bradley, 83 days for Bradley and 77 for De Boer.

De Boer has the fewest number of game in charge with four and the second shortest reigns in charge behind Les Reed who was in charge of Charlton in 2007 for just 40 days, Premier League records...

He didn't last longer that Bradley, 83 days for Bradley and 77 for De Boer.

De Boer has the fewest number of game in charge with four and the second shortest reigns in charge behind Les Reed who was in charge of Charlton in 2007 for just 40 days, Premier League records...

From his first game to last de Boer had a shorter reign than Les Reed, who should never have been given the Charlton job in the first place. It's only de Boer's one and a half month pre-season with Palace which has kept him from setting a new record.

Let's not forget that Clough's 44 days at Leeds did include some pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back