• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow how close was that! :eek:

Good win for Swansea last night, United's turn tonight.

Apologises for the DP.

All the big teams had routine wins in the League cup. Both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton all through.

Here's the draw for the fourth round

Tottenham v West Ham
Bristol City v Crystal Palace
Swansea v Man United (:indiff::indiff:)
Arsenal v Norwich
Chelsea v Everton
Man City v Wolves
Leicester v Leeds
Bournemouth v Middlesbrough

This weekend's games

Saturday
Burnley v Huddersfield
Everton v Bournemouth
Leicester v Liverpool (5.30 BT)
Man City v Crystal Palace
Southampton v Man United
Stoke v Chelsea
Swansea v Watford
West Ham v Tottenham (12.30 Sky)

Sunday
Brighton v Newcastle (4pm Sky)

Monday Night
Arsenal v West Brom (8pm Sky)

Bit of a weird weekend with only the one PL game on the Sunday but there's the Steel City Derby between Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday at 1.15pm on Sky on Sunday and the first Old Firm Derby Rangers v Celtic tomorrow on Sky at Noon.

So...anyone want to talk about Real Betis spoiling so many accumulator bets with a 93rd-minute winner at the Bernabeu?

DK
So...anyone want to talk about Real Betis spoiling so many accumulator bets with a 93rd-minute winner at the Bernabeu?
I'm sure there would be a few people bragging had Real Madrid won, funnily enough. :lol:

Good win for Celtic today, did bare minimum but it was more than enough. Onto trying to not get embarrassed on Wednesday!

Anyone watch the Fenerbahce - Besiktas match?

Must have been one hell of a game... 5 red cards. 3 goals. Loads of nasty fouls.

Just another derby in Turkey eh? :lol:

Best and worst game in football in ten minutes...

*bites nails back to the elbow*

Unconvincing win for United yesterday but still a win, I'm fuming about the Swansea defeat, So many mistakes leading up to the 90th minute winner we let in :banghead:

United fans still chanting that Lukaku chant....

United fans still chanting that Lukaku chant....
If Kick It Out hadn't drawn such attention to it, it would have died out. As it is, it's not like the song is actually racist - the lyrics are:

"Romelu Lukaku
He's our Belgium scoring genius,
He's got a 24-inch penis,
Scoring all the goals,
Bell-end by his toes."

Not seeing where his race is mentioned at any point.

I cant see it either, it is a really good chant though! :lol:

Apparently its implying that Black men have huge Penises....

In a sport where running around is the main part of the game, surely a huge *ahem* appendage is more of a nuisance as it would interfere with the mechanics of running at speed.

Apparently its implying that Black men have huge Penises....
That's what the people who think it's racist think - but that's racist, if his race wasn't mentioned. It could just be that he's good, so people think he has a big dick, because men who are good at things have large genitals (qv size of testicles).

This leads to the irony that people who think it's racist are being racist.

Also, if his dick is two feet long and his helmet is by his toes, he has very short legs.

Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Sheff United, United take the spoils in the first Steel City Derby for five years.

Brighton v Newcastle on next.

That's what the people who think it's racist think - but that's racist, if his race wasn't mentioned. It could just be that he's good, so people think he has a big dick, because men who are good at things have large genitals (qv size of testicles).

This leads to the irony that people who think it's racist are being racist.

Also, if his dick is two feet long and his helmet is by his toes, he has very short legs.

People have been calling him 'blick' (blacker than black) and making jokes about how he's a giant dicked beast that rapes defenders since he entered the Premier League 6 years ago.

If he's not ok with the chant (and personally I'm not surprised he isn't, I'm black and I'd be uncomfortable/upset with it too), surely his 'supporters' would stop if they had any respect for him.

People have been calling him 'blick' (blacker than black) and making jokes about how he's a giant dicked beast that rapes defenders since he entered the Premier League 6 years ago.
That may be the case, but the chant is from this season and makes no mention of race.

That may be the case, but the chant is from this season and makes no mention of race.

True, but in light of previous chants and jokes commonly made about him on social media it's definitely insensitive, especially as he's asked them to stop, all the while being their record goalscorer.

True, but in light of previous chants and jokes commonly made about him on social media it's definitely insensitive, especially as he's asked them to stop, all the while being their record goalscorer.
But not racist, which is the claim from Kick It Out (oddly no mention of Spurs' song about Jan Vertonghen's massive penis) and now Manchester United - which has asked for CCTV to find out who is singing it...

But not racist, which is the claim from Kick It Out (oddly no mention of Spurs' song about Jan Vertonghen's massive penis) and now Manchester United - which has asked for CCTV to find out who is singing it...

Ok, but do you agree that they should stop the chant?

Ok, but do you agree that they should stop the chant?
As it's not racist, abusive, or referring to 'protected characteristics', no. If fans want to stop the chant it's up to them.

He's a Sheffield Wednesday supporter

Right, so if Fernando Forestieri, or the top scorer/star player of any club asked the fans to stop singing a particular chant about them because he didn't like it, wouldn't you stop? And if you didn't, what kind of fan would that make you?

A fan who doesn't respect the players that give 100% for his team simply aren't true fans. Simple as.

Out of curiosity, what team do you support?
He's a Sheffield Wednesday supporter
Waiting for "Well, if Sheffield Wednesday fans..." something to do with chants, as if making it about my team is relevant.
Right, so if Fernando Forestieri, or the top scorer/star player of any club asked the fans to stop singing a particular chant about them because he didn't like it, wouldn't you stop? And if you didn't, what kind of fan would that make you?

A fan who doesn't respect the players that give 100% for his team simply aren't true fans.
And there it is.

If Manchester United fans want to continue singing a song that isn't racist, isn't abusive and doesn't refer to a protected characteristic, then they can if they want. I don't agree that they should all stop, en masse, because a player asked them to, no. The same applies to Sheffield Wednesday fans. Or Leeds United fans. Or any fans of any club.

Incidentally:

wouldn't you stop
It has nothing to do with what I would or wouldn't do. It's up to individual fans to do what they like, if the chant is not racist, abusive or refers to protected characteristics.

This is getting out of hand a bit.

I have to say that I do take exception to what @hejustsits has said, and its what Famine highlighted in his above post.

If it's gotten out of hand and people are taking exception to my comments then I'll stop, :lol: but I'll end by reiterating that if you sing a chant about one of your own star players, that he doesn't like and that he doesn't want you to make, then you don't understand the meaning of 'support'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back