Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll end by reiterating that if you sing a chant about one of your own star players, that he doesn't like and that he doesn't want you to make, then you don't understand the meaning of 'support'.
Nevertheless, it's their choice to stop or not - and the club certainly shouldn't be seeking CCTV of fans who are still singing it.

Double dismissal.

Pennock halted Gillingham's slide last season and kept them up, just. But a poor start to the season sees him leave by mutual consent.

Sheridan was appointed Oldham manager for the third time at the same time Pennock took over at Gillingham in January. 10 wins in 33 games isn't enough as Oldham are bottom of League One with 4pts from a 9 game 27pt maximum so far.

25th September - Ady Pennock (Gillingham, sacked*) League One
25th September - John Sheridan (Oldham Athletic, sacked) League One

Sacked: 7 (1 "mutual consent")

Total: 7

Brighton striker Thomas Hemed has been charged with violent conduct by the FA for his stamp on DeAndre Yedlin in yesterday 1-0 win over Newcastle, Hemed said afterwards that it was accidental and he apologised.

Jose Mourinho unlikely to face any further action from the FA after being bizarrely sent to the stands at Southampton on Saturday, he was given his marching orders after appearing to hug the fourth official.

Jose Mourinho unlikely to face any further action from the FA after being bizarrely sent to the stands at Southampton on Saturday, he was given his marching orders after appearing to hug the fourth official.
I thought he was sent to the stands for being on the pitch.

If you're a Liverpool fan, Saturday's game must have given you a heart attack. "Oh no here we go again." Go up 2-0 then concede one, go up 3-1 and almost immediately concede another one and have to depend on stopping a PK to win.

Or I guess this is now to be expected. No lead seems safe.

Klopp actually called himself a 'good' defensive coach earlier! :lol::lol:

"Larry" Grayson must be under pressure at Sunderland; in the relegation zone with just 6pts from 10 games. The last thing any team needs is a consecutive relegation.

Shut that (trap) door.

"Larry" Grayson must be under pressure at Sunderland; in the relegation zone with just 6pts from 10 games. The last thing any team needs is a consecutive relegation.

Shut that (trap) door.
In the best case, I see them promoting just via play-offs, in a Huddersfield Town's style. But in any way they are in a very bad situation at the moment.

If you're a Liverpool fan, Saturday's game must have given you a heart attack. "Oh no here we go again." Go up 2-0 then concede one, go up 3-1 and almost immediately concede another one and have to depend on stopping a PK to win.

Or I guess this is now to be expected. No lead seems safe.

Every game we play gives me a heart attack!

Every game we play gives me a heart attack!

I've got a friend on another forum that's a Liverpool fan and I asked him if he still had a tv left after Leciester scored their second so quickly after Liverpool and he said "it took a lot of restraint" :)

If Carlos Carvalhal is still in a job tomorrow, I will be surprised.

No real surprise after last night when they were ripped apart by PSG, he actually had a 70% win percentage but they were knocked out of the CL last season in the quarter finals, didn't make the German Cup final and hasn't been great so far this season, third in the league and second in their CL group.

Benjamin Mendy will be out for long time for Man city, ruptured ACL and will likely not play again this season, City now have no recognised right back.

City now have no recognised right back.
By right back, do you by any chance mean left back? Because I'm quite sure they still have Walker and Danilo :sly:

It's a big shame for Mendy and City. He's shown himself as a cracking player attacking wise.

The potato cannot do the job of a fish.

Still there for now, isn't he?
As far as I know, making excuses for why we need more than ten shots for a goal (with our Scottish international strikers, one of which cost £10m and sits on the bench for 65 minutes each week; instead he keeps playing our Albanian striker who hasn't scored in two seasons) while we only need four against us to concede, and why we never press opponents in the first 15 minutes and habitually concede in the last 15.

We've been beaten by Preston (79th minute goal) and Birmingham (76th minute goal) in the league. We've been hosed by the pigs (77th minute goal), at home. We lost to Bolton after giving them a 3-0 lead by not going after them - and they're the worst team in the league.

We need to stuff Leeds this weekend. Not beat them - 1-0 or 2-1 isn't good enough - but absolutely demolish them. But we won't. We'll lose and they'll score in the 77th minute - at which point he'll throw on Joao and Rhodes and we'll have eight shots in six minutes with no goal...

We're probably not going down, but playoffs isn't happening either.

We're probably not going down, but playoffs isn't happening either.

Which is weird because I thought Wednesday showed a lot more last season and perhaps stepping up with a solid PO spot was on the cards.

Which is weird because I thought Wednesday showed a lot more last season and perhaps stepping up with a solid PO spot was on the cards.
We certainly managed to get more points and a better finishing position than any season in recent memory. But we should have been top two.

And we weren't because we didn't score enough goals (we scored three or more on just three occasions: 3-2 over Bristol; 3-0 over Birmingham; 5-1 over Norwich), because we need ten chances to score and he keeps playing Atdhe Nuhiu who couldn't shoot on target if he was already buried to the hilt. And we spent serious money to buy one of the league's top scorers last season, and sent him out on loan to Derby this season (where he scored more goals against Birmingham than we did)!

As for the stats
League games scored by 15th Minute (2016-17):
Wednesday - 7 (SWFC Won 5, Drawn 1, Lost 1)
Opposition - 4 (SWFC Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 2)

League games scored after 75th Minute (2016-17):
Wednesday - 16 (SWFC Won 10, Drawn 2, Lost 4)
Opposition - 13 (SWFC Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 9)

Essentially, if we scored by the 15th minute or after the 75th minute, we won. If we conceded by the 15th minute we lost half the time, and if we conceded after the 75th minute we lost. Fast forward to this season:

League games scored by 15th Minute (2017-18):
Wednesday - 0
Opposition - 3 (SWFC Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 1)

League games scored after 75th Minute (2017-18):
Wednesday - 0
Opposition - 4 (SWFC Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 3)

And we're conceding in the 75th minute and later because we're trying to get the goals we already let in back! No different from last season (or the season before) really - and we're scoring at an even slower rate (1.2 goals/game this season, 1.3 goals/game last season).

Our shots numbers look like this:

Shots on goal/on target/scored (2017-18)
Wednesday - 102/37/12 = 8.5 shots per goal; 3.1 shots on target per goal
Opposition - 113/32/12 = 9.4 shots per goal; 2.6 shots on target per goal

Interestingly even - opposition strikers are shooting more than ours but for no better end product.

Marco Asensio is lining up a contract extension at Real Madrid. The deal is rumored to be for 6 years and will include a buyout clause of £442m.

Marco Asensio is lining up a contract extension at Real Madrid. The deal is rumored to be for 6 years and will include a buyout clause of £442m.
Very deserved.

Real Madrid have signed alot of new contracts with key players lately! Important! :cheers:

Games this weekend

Saturday
Bournemouth v Leicester
Chelsea v Man City (5.30 BT)
Huddersfield v Tottenham (12.30 Sky)
Man United v Crystal Palace
Stoke v Southampton
West Brom v Watford
West Ham v Swansea

Sunday
Arsenal v Brighton (12pm BT)
Everton v Burnley (2.15 Sky)
Newcastle v Liverpool (4.30 Sky)

Massive game on Saturday early evening, three live games on Sunday, another international break coming up next weekend.

Good routine win for United yesterday, been a great start to the season but I'm not getting carried away as we have Liverpool after the break and Spurs to come this month.

City made a major statement in beating Chelsea convincingly, might only have been 0-1 but City completely outplayed them and just looked a different class.

Arsenal just beat Brighton 2-0, fairly comfortable for Arsenal but Brighton did well.

We need to stuff Leeds this weekend. Not beat them - 1-0 or 2-1 isn't good enough - but absolutely demolish them. But we won't. We'll lose and they'll score in the 77th minute - at which point he'll throw on Joao and Rhodes and we'll have eight shots in six minutes with no goal...
To be fair, he did throw on Rhodes. And again, we did nothing for the first 15 minutes but let Leeds see what they could do. But, fair enough, we did then switch on, should have been 3-0 by the time we were 2-0 up (Fletcher missed a sitter, Lee had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside), and Leeds barely got a look in.

The stats now say:

Shots on goal/on target/scored (2017-18)
Wednesday - 118/44/15 = 7.9 shots per goal; 2.9 shots on target per goal
Opposition - 124/34/12 = 10.3 shots per goal; 2.8 shots on target per goal

I swear, this 🤬 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back