Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the penalty miss from Charlie Adam and that last ditch tackle from the Brighton defender, it was brilliant.

Man City already 1-0 v Leicester after just five minutes, Sterling with the goal, Mahrez on the bench for Leicester.

It's a rough year for exciting battles for the championships throughout Europe. All but the Serie A are pretty much decided as in almost all the other big competitions the Nr 1 is way ahead.

Man United were beaten 1-0 at Newcastle and were terrible. :grumpy:

Huddersfield hammered Bournemouth 4-1 and Liverpool are 2-0 v Southampton with 20 minutes to go.

Liverpool managed to win a game and keep a clean sheet? Man United lost?
Well this is a great day!

It stayed 2-0 for so long and I just kept waiting for that brief moment when they would let their guard down and allow Southampton to score and then it would be game on and a fight to save all three points. But thankfully it never came.

Chelsea beat West Brom 3-0 tonight, two from Hazard and the other from Moses, West Brom came out of the blocks quicker and and the better start to the match but then Chelsea settled and took over, Sturridge only lasted three minutes for WBA on his full debut before inevitably going off injured.

Sad to hear about Ryan Mason, hopefully he can stay in Football by doing some coaching badges.

Alexandre Lacazette out for six weeks after having minor knee surgery.

No Premier League Football this weekend as its the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Sky Sports have bought rights to show PL Football for next three years, the cost is a bit less than last time at £4.46BL, the last deal was £5.1BL, they will show 126 live games a season with the regular slots returning like Super Sunday and Monday Night Football plus from next season eight Saturday night games.

BT have also bought their rights with 32 live games a season, out of the seven slots Sky have got five with BT just getting the one so far, meaning the last one is up for grabs leading to rumours that Amazon will get it.

I really don't like the idea of multiple sources. Having to pay for Sky sports and then both BT Sport and another (possibly Amazon) just because they may show 1 more Man Utd game each doesn't sit right with me.

I really don't like the idea of multiple sources. Having to pay for Sky sports and then both BT Sport and another (possibly Amazon) just because they may show 1 more Man Utd game each doesn't sit right with me.

No one does except the EU/Government, it's their fault, competition even this forced fake kind is always good according to them and Sky are evil and are not allowed to get more rights than they currently have.

Which only hurts the fans as usual, another law/rule not thought through. Only people not buying from these other providers will stop this madness.

The Saturday prime time games are a massive lost opportunity too, no reason they couldn't have been made available for free to air only channels to bid for, the money lost would be minimal and not a big deal. Instead it's just an extra few games on Sky complete with extra disruption for the fans going to the games for no gain really.

NBC still holds the PL rights here in the US through the 2021-22 season. I think they do a very good job with it over here. Saturday game on the main NBC network starting at 11:30AM my time (Central time US), early games on NBCSN or CNBC both Saturday and Sunday, main Sunday game on NBCSN at about 10:30AM my time. Then a one hour or half hour Goal Zone recap show both Saturday and Sunday after that day's matches.

The main NBC and NBCSN games feature dedicated announcers to the American audience with live pre game and post game cut ins. About 3 times a year they will have live pre game and post game pitch side desks with players and coaches coming by to talk about the game. This is where Klopp dropped the F bomb on live American TV after the Man City game.

NBC also offers the NBC Sports Gold Premier League Package that I bought to watch any game not covered by the network or to to go back and watch a game I missed. I think I paid about $50 for it and I think I've got my money's worth out of it.

I hope NBC holds on to the US rights for a while because I really like all of the people they use from in studio hosts and analysts to the actual game announcers.

They sound like they've got their 🤬 together. Shame the same can't be said for the ones charging you £40 a month for half the seasons games and not much else worth looking at.

I really don't like the idea of multiple sources.
Stop paying for them then.

The idea only survives because enough of the public are willing to subscribe to three or four different services just to catch all of their team's live games. If the public stops paying for it, revenues will fall (while they're still having to pay ludicrous sums to the clubs under the existing contract) and they'll stop bidding, and the Premier League will stop selling the games separately.

Stop paying for them then.

The idea only survives because enough of the public are willing to subscribe to three or four different services just to catch all of their team's live games. If the public stops paying for it, revenues will fall (while they're still having to pay ludicrous sums to the clubs under the existing contract) and they'll stop bidding, and the Premier League will stop selling the games separately.
I don't, we don't even have a TV downstairs, just the one upstairs connected to a PS3 and a PS4. Realistically I could present a good case to avoid paying the TV License Fee but just can't be bothered with the hassle.

If one provider showed all the Man Utd games in a season then I'd be highly likely to pay for that service. As it stands with 2/3 providers showing some games and fitting it around family life with 2 young kids it just doesn't make financial sense to me. It's a shame too because I feel I'm not as into football as I once was.

West Brom are investigating after four of their players broke a midnight curfew whilst at a training camp in Barcelona this week, they then reportedly went on to break into and steal a taxi. no word on whether they were arrested or not.

This is another problem the club have to deal with as it comes after the Chairman and Chief Executive were put on gardening leave on Monday because of the clubs poor performances on the pitch, they sit four points adrift at the bottom with only four wins in 15 games.

Meh, Messi and Sanchez have got away with crime in Barcelona. They're footballers so they'll be immune.

The four players have been named, they are Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill, I think that makes it worse as they at the most experienced at the club and I'm a bit surprised that a stalwart that Barry was involved and he's the captain too, they must have been drunk.

Reuters are reporting that they were questioned by Spanish Police but no arrests have been made thus far.

Premier League stuff is back this weekend and its all about Sunday with Man United v Chelsea plus the League cup final between Arsenal and Man City, there are a couple games at the bottom of the table on Saturday too with six of the bottom half facing each other.

The footballs getting boring. Its made of 2 leagues, the so called big six (or the darlings of sky) and the rest.

The footballs getting boring. Its made of 2 leagues, the so called big six (or the darlings of sky) and the rest.
Find a local lower-league, or non-league, team to support.

In other news, Fleetwood Town sack Uwe Rosler and appoint John Sheridan.

Find a local lower-league, or non-league, team to support.

In other news, Fleetwood Town sack Uwe Rosler and appoint John Sheridan.

That's going to be very hard to do. Being scouse you're either red or blue and nothing else. As a long suffering blue, looks like were back on the rise.

That's a tough choice. Yeah we're in the lower premier league. Might be champions again.

I was always Rushden and Diamonds and then Manchester United, when R&D ended I was just Man Utd. A few years back AFC Rushden and Diamonds formed and they play in this little stadium literally 30 seconds away from my house. The best bit is they're doing great this year, aside from a few pitch issues, but they all get them now and then right down at that tier.

Right then the Premier League is back this week after Cup and Champions League exploits, here are the fixtures.

Saturday
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Brighton v Swansea
Burnley v Southampton
Leicester v Stoke (12.30 Sky)
Liverpool v West Ham
Watford v Everton (5.30 BT)
West Brom v Huddersfield

Sunday
Crystal Palace v Tottenham (12pm Sky)
Man United v Chelsea (2.05 Sky)

Carabao Cup Final
Arsenal v Man City (4.30 Sky)

This weekend is pretty big, not just the two big games on Sunday but pretty much every game on Saturday has implications at the bottom half of the table, I'm going to be very nervous for Swansea tomorrow!

Arsenal and City obviously don't play in the League but they do on Thursday.....against each other!

Right then the Premier League is back this week after Cup and Champions League exploits, here are the fixtures.87

Saturday
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Brighton v Swansea
Burnley v Southampton
Leicester v Stoke (12.30 Sky)
Liverpool v West Ham
Watford v Everton (5.30 BT)
West Brom v Huddersfield

Sunday
Crystal Palace v Tottenham (12pm Sky)
Man United v Chelsea (2.05 Sky)

Carabao Cup Final
Arsenal v Man City (4.30 Sky)

This weekend is pretty big, not just the two big games on Sunday but pretty much every game on Saturday has implications at the bottom half of the table, I'm going to be very nervous for Swansea tomorrow!

Arsenal and City obviously don't play in the League but they do on Thursday.....against each other!

Reckon bournemouth
Draw
Draw
Leicester
Kopites (cant say that name in that way)
Everton
Draw
Utd
City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back