Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That result relegates West Brom... whose manager won manager of the month this evening.

Think its between Huddersfield and Swansea to go down. Huddersfield play Chelsea away, Chelsea need to win though.

Think its between Huddersfield and Swansea to go down. Huddersfield play Chelsea away, Chelsea need to win though.
Huddersfield have two games - Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. A point from either game makes them safe. If they don't manage that, a Swansea win puts Swansea safe...

... but Southampton can still go down. If Swansea beat Stoke by five and Manchester City, looking for 100pt, beat Southampton by five AND Huddersfield get that point, Southampton go down.

Swansea v Stoke will be a draw, trust me, we have been nowhere near good enough lately.

Swansea v Stoke will be a draw, trust me, we have been nowhere near good enough lately.
Someone on a YouTube channel mentioned that Stoke fans look at Swansea as rivals.

Last edited:
Top four places still aren't done, Liverpool in third with 72, Tottenham in fourth with 71 and Chelsea in fifth with 69, Chelsea and Spurs both play tonight, Liverpool don't play until Sunday.

Top four places still aren't done, Liverpool in third with 72, Tottenham in fourth with 71 and Chelsea in fifth with 69, Chelsea and Spurs both play tonight, Liverpool don't play until Sunday.

I wish Liverpool would have taken care of their business these last two weekends instead of now basically being in a must win situation UNLESS Newcastle gives Chelsea a hard time at home.

Chelsea v Huddersfield isn't exactly high level football, but it's exciting as hell. :lol:

Huddersfield are safe. :lol: 1-1.

Last edited:
Full times.

Chelsea 1-1 Huddersfield
Leicester 3-1 Arsenal
Man City 3-1 Brighton
Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle

Huddersfield are safe.
Tottenham guaranteed a top four spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064957
PF9QDWQ.jpg

Win or lose, stay up or relegated, Carvalhal will leave Swansea after the Stoke game...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064957

I'm definitely not saying that I'm always right, but:

@Famine @MUSC4EVER

So, notification just came up from Sky Sports. Carlos Carvalhal, new Swansea manager. Grass isnt always greener..... any thoughts? :lol:
I'm staggered that either of them thinks that's a good idea.
I'm not really totally familiar with Swansea's strengths and weaknesses, but the table tells me they've conceded one more goal than Leicester or Everton and ten fewer than Stoke, but scored three less than anybody. That suggests that Swansea's defence is okay, but they really need to bang some goals in.

Anyone want to guess what I've been complaining about Wednesday not doing for three seasons?

For reference, Swansea City need a ten-goal swing in the two final games of the season to survive. In essence, they need to beat Stoke City while Manchester City beat Southampton, and they need Manchester City to score a hatful in the process.

That's not as unlikely as it seems, in case you're wondering. If Manchester City win 7-0, as they could, Swansea would only need to win by three. But two won't do it, as Swansea have scored TEN fewer goals than Southampton.

No surprise that Carvalhal is going, he improved things initially with a 14 game unbeaten run that lifted us off the bottom of the league but no wins in last eight means we are going down, and he hasn't kept us up, simple as that.

Wayne Rooney agrees a deal in principle to join MLS side DC United, deal is expected to go through when the MLS transfer window opens on July 10th.

Wayne Rooney agrees a deal in principle to join MLS side DC United, deal is expected to go through when the MLS transfer window opens on July 10th.

It would of been hard for him to maintain a position he prefers nxt season. Second half of season Rooney hasn't really shown his worth. First half only shown a few good goals. In attacking Midfield he was always going to be second to Sigurdsson (who Everton paid 45 million for) who started to show is worth before he got injured. Guessing tje retirement league may be a good call for Rooney next year.

Finished West Ham 0-0 Man United earlier, United sleep-walk to second place which is now guaranteed, we played a bit better then we did against Brighton but still not great.

Okay, it's the end of the season; everybody out of the pool!

Both Curle and Grayson left after their contracts expired and have not signed a new one nor been offered one respectively.

23rd April - Jack Lester (Chesterfield, sacked) League Two
29th April - Chris Coleman (Sunderland, sacked) Championship

8th May - Keith Curle (Carlisle United, contract expiration) League Two
6th May - Jose Morais (Barnsley, sacked) Championship
8th May - Simon Grayson (Bradford City, contract expiration) League One
10th May - Martin Allen (Barnet, sacked) League Two
10th May - Ian Holloway (Queen's Park Rangers, resigned) Championship

Sacked: 42
Resigned: 3
Demoted: 2
Approaches: 4
Contract Expirations: 2

Total: 53

At what point do we decide is the cutoff for this season into next season for managerial changes. The World Cup?

At what point do we decide is the cutoff for this season into next season for managerial changes. The World Cup?

This thread ends with the final game of the domestic season which, I think, is the FA Cup final or if not, a play-off final. After that, no other departures are recorded until the first league game of next season. :)

World Cup is worthy of its own thread, surely?

This thread ends with the final game of the domestic season which, I think, is the FA Cup final or if not, a play-off final. After that, no other departures are recorded until the first league game of next season. :)

World Cup is worthy of its own thread, surely?
I'm just talking about managerial changes, as a League Two club could sack a manager while the World Cup is I'm the group stages. Would that go into this thread or next year's is my question.

Of course the World Cup can have its own thread.

I'm just talking about managerial changes, as a League Two club could sack a manager while the World Cup is I'm the group stages. Would that go into this thread or next year's is my question.

Of course the World Cup can have its own thread.

The off season is not recorded. It's like a free transfer window for managers just for my own record keeping purposes. :D

Then I'll do the "list of the top 92 managers on the opening day of the season", which does still get updated on page one, before starting it all again next season.

Arsenal - Arsene Wenger
Bouremouth - Eddie Howe
Brighton & Hove Albion - Chris Hughton
Burnley - Sean Dyche
Chelsea - Antonio Conte
Crystal Palace - Frank de Boer
Everton - Ronald Koeman
Huddersfield Town - David Wagner
Leicester City - Craig Shakespeare
Liverpool - Jürgen Klopp
Manchester City - Josep Guardiola
Manchester United - Jose Mourinho
Newcastle United - Rafael Benitez
Southampton - Mauricio Pellegrino
Stoke City - Mark Hughes
Swansea City - Paul Clement
Tottenham Hotspur - Mauricio Pochettino
Watford - Marco Silva
West Bromwich Albion - Tony Pulis
West Ham United - Slaven Billic

Aston Villa - Steve Bruce
Barnsley - Paul Heckingbottom
Birmingham City - Harry Redknapp
Bolton Wanderers - Phil Parkinson
Brentford - Dean Smith
Bristol City - Lee Johnson
Burton Albion - Nigel Clough
Cardiff City - Neil Warnock
Derby County - Gary Rowett
Fulham - Slaviša Jokanović
Hull City - Leonid Slutsky
Ipswich Town - Mick McCarthy
Leeds United - Thomas Christiansen
Middlesbrough - Garry Monk
Millwall - Neil Harris
Norwich City - Daniel Farke
Nottingham Forest - Mark Warbuton
Preston North End - Alex Neill
Queen's Park Rangers - Ian Holloway
Reading - Jaap Stam
Sheffield Wednesday - Carlos Carvahal
Sheffield United - Chris Wilder
Sunderland - Simon Grayson
Wolverhampton Wanderers - Nuno Santo

Blackburn Rovers - Tony Mowbray
Blackpool - Gary Bowyer
Bradford City - Stuart McCall
Bristol Rovers - Darrell Clarke
Bury - Lee Clark
Charlton Athletic - Karl Robinson
Doncaster Rovers - Darren Ferguson
Fleetwood Town - Uwe Rösler
Gillingham - Ady Pennock
Milton Keynes Dons - Robbie Neilson
Northampton Town - Justin Edinburgh
Oldham Athletic - John Sheridan
Oxford United - Josep Clotet
Peterborough United - Grant McCann
Portsmouth - Kenny Jackett
Plymouth Argyle - Derek Adams
Rochdale - Keith Hill
Rotherham United - Paul Warne
Scunthorpe United - Graham Alexander
Shrewsbury Town - Paul Hurst
Southend United - Phil Brown
Walsall - Jon Whitney
Wigan Athletic - Paul Cook
Wimbledon - Neil Ardley

Accrington Stanley - John Coleman
Barnet - Rossi Eames
Cambridge United - Shaun Derry
Carlisle United - Keith Curle
Cheltenham Town - Gary Johnson
Chesterfield - Gary Caldwell
Colchester United - John McGreal
Coventry City - Mark Robins
Crawley Town - Harry Kewell
Crewe Alexandra - Dave Artell
Exeter City - Paul Tisdale
Forest Green Rovers - Mark Cooper
Grimsby Town - Russell Slade
Lincoln City - Danny Cowley
Luton Town - Nathan Jones
Mansfield Town - Steve Evans
Morcambe - Jim Bentley
Newport County - Mike Flynn
Notts County - Kevin Nolan
Port Vale - Michael Brown
Swindon Town - David Flitcroft
Stevenage - Darren Sarll
Wycombe Wanderers - Gareth Ainsworth
Yeovil Town - Darren Way

Right then this is the last time I say this this season (*sob*) But here are games for the final day of the PL season 17/18 on Sunday

Burnley v Bournemouth
Crystal Palace v West Brom
Huddersfield v Arsenal
Liverpool v Brighton (Sky)
Man United v Watford
Newcastle v Chelsea (Sky)
Southampton v Man City (Sky)
Swansea v Stoke
Tottenham v Leicester
West Ham v Everton

All games are 3pm KO this Sunday afternoon

Sky have the three games plus a Soccer Special.

Swansea need a win v Stoke and a 10 goal swing over Southampton to survive, which wont happen!

Its down to Liverpool and Chelsea for the final top four place, Liverpool on 72 points with Chelsea on 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back