• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 'proper football' ;)

International football is just so meh... it just doesn't create the same passions as club footy.

There's always the prospect of staying up late to watch South American football. :dopey:

As an Italian-American, I really have no one to root for. Both of my countries embarrassed themselves in qualifying.

I will cheer on Iceland though, because underdogs.

Reactions: DK
As an Italian-American, I really have no one to root for. Both of my countries embarrassed themselves in qualifying.

I will cheer on Iceland though, because underdogs.
Same here, it's only one letter removed from Ireland anyway. :dopey:

I said 'proper football' ;)

International football is just so meh... it just doesn't create the same passions as club footy.

I'll watch some of the later stages, but have little interest in England, and will avoid most of the meaningless group matches.

This will be my first World Cup since I started watching football about 3 years ago but I'm kinda meh on it too. Over here the coverage is through Fox so if they make it easy to watch games after work through the Fox Sports Go app I might check out a few but I'm definitely not going to pay for a package through them.

This past weekend was the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and I didn't wake up early to finish watching that, I slept in a little longer to watch the Liverpool match. But I definitely won't be waking up early to watch a World Cup match.

This will be my first World Cup since I started watching football about 3 years ago but I'm kinda meh on it too. Over here the coverage is through Fox so if they make it easy to watch games after work through the Fox Sports Go app I might check out a few but I'm definitely not going to pay for a package through them.

This past weekend was the 24 Hours of Nurburgring and I didn't wake up early to finish watching that, I slept in a little longer to watch the Liverpool match. But I definitely won't be waking up early to watch a World Cup match.

Good man :D

I literally just want to watch attacking football, this is a plea from a Manchester United supporter. I'd love to see our players out there tearing it up in their respective nations.

Former Aston Villa and Trinidad & Tobago left-back Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash. Villa will wear black armbands for their match against Middlesborough tonight.

Jlloyd-Samuel-702870.jpg

Was anyone really surprised?

16th May - Sam Allerdyce (Everton, sacked) Premier League

Sacked: 43
Resigned: 3
Demoted: 2
Approaches: 4
Contract Expirations: 2

Total: 54

Its about time. The most irrelevant season of football ever. At least that other fat Kopite will go as well then.

Its about time. The most irrelevant season of football ever. At least that other fat Kopite will go as well then.

I do find this quite interesting from perennially safe, mid to upper-midtable Premiership teams; that long sigh about a disappointing season not achieving what you ought to whether it's not winning the title or missing out on the CL or EL places. Especially nowadays with the bloating of the top six and Arsenal and United fans having felt the pinch in recent years.

It could always be worse. Being in the top flight with its inflated TV money is pretty sweet no matter how you look at it. I'm sure @Famine could back me up or share similar sentiments; in his lifetime he has watched his team be an upper-midtable top flight team and reach three domestic cup finals before seeing a decline to a perennial relegation fighter, relegation to the second tier, relegation to the third tier before climbing back to the second tier where they've been stuck for near as makes no difference most of the past 20 years.

In my lifetime, my team Wrexham has never been higher than the third tier. I've seen us promoted once and relegated three times. We're currently anticipating in our eleventh consecutive season in the fifth tier, the 🤬 non-league. And yet if you ask anyone, they'll all say we ought to be in League One still. We 'feel' that way. I still feel that way, based on that ever reliable quality of how "big" your club is perceived. Seeing your team being relegated is an awful feeling, never mind seeing it happen three times, one of which is being relegated out of the Football League in rock bottom, 92nd/92nd last place.

Everton haven't been in the second tier since what, the 1950s? Even Manchester United have been in the second tier more recently than that, and it came just 5 years after winning the European Cup. The oil money clouds people's judgement but Manchester City were a club with some history and even I, a 26 year old, can recall watching Manchester City play Wrexham in the third tier.

You're in the world's most financially lucrative football division next year again. Get the right manager in and it won't feel so bad.

By the way, this post was nothing against you personally it's just that the "it could always be worse" opinion from fans of clubs further down the pyramid is rather interesting and I don't think we've discussed it on the board. Not in a long while anyway.

It could always be worse. Being in the top flight with its inflated TV money is pretty sweet no matter how you look at it. I'm sure @Famine could back me up or share similar sentiments; in his lifetime he has watched his team be an upper-midtable top flight team and reach three domestic cup finals before seeing a decline to a perennial relegation fighter, relegation to the second tier, relegation to the third tier before climbing back to the second tier where they've been stuck for near as makes no difference most of the past 20 years.
We went down to the third tier twice (2002-03, 2009-10), and I'm not sure we even really deserved either - especially the second one.

When I started watching, we were a Division Two (second tier then) club. Since then we've missed out on promotion and a division title on goal difference, been promoted, relegated, promoted, finished 8th, 7th twice, 5th and 3rd, played European football (the season after we finished third, because that was all you got) in the UEFA Cup and then the Intertoto Cup, won a cup and not won two others.

Finishing 8th of 20 in the top tier and considering that a bad season is a pipe dream for us :lol:

Everton legend and 1966 World Cup and FA Cup winner Ray Wilson has died aged 83.

Moyes still has a year left on his six year Man United contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back