2017-18 UEFA Champions League Thread

• Thread starter Brend
  • 401 comments
Magnificent performance. Proud of the team, if not the idiot ‘fans’ who bricked the City team bus before the game.

Barcelona's top scorers in Champions League this season:

1: Messi - 6 goals
2: Own Goals - 5 goals
3: 5 other players - 1 goal

:lol:

All Liverpool need is 1 goal in the second leg and man city are all but out. They'd need 5 goals!!

All Liverpool need is 1 goal in the second leg and man city are all but out. They'd need 5 goals!!
Yeah, but then again, both teams have proven in the past that they are capable of scoring loads aswell as conceding loads.

Should be fun to watch. :P

I'll be pretty pissed off if we don't go through now.

As long as we don't sit back at The Etihad we should at least score 1. If we do that, it's done and dusted.

Never thought we'd progress as far as the Q's, so it's all a bonus.

Magnificent performance. Proud of the team, if not the idiot ‘fans’ who bricked the City team bus before the game.

Congratulations to Liverpool firstly but like you said that is appalling by the Liverpool fans in regards to the bus incident.

But always a nice story to be had when help is needed. Link below.
Manchester City team bus stopped at scene of attack to treat injured Liverpool fan
Warning on the comments in the article I hope they don,t cause offense to anyone.

Congratulations to Liverpool firstly but like you said that is appalling by the Liverpool fans in regards to the bus incident.

But always a nice story to be had when help is needed. Link below.
Manchester City team bus stopped at scene of attack to treat injured Liverpool fan
Warning on the comments in the article I hope they don,t cause offense to anyone.
Wow fair play to them. In that situation I don't know if I could do it. I think I'd just wanna get off home asap.

Second legs.

Tuesday
Man City v Liverpool (0-3)
Roma v Barcelona (1-4)

Wednesday
Bayern Munich v Sevilla (2-1)
Real Madrid v Juventus (3-0)

There are some big deficits from the first legs there but the job is only half done, there have several comebacks by teams who were 3-0 or more down from the first leg in the past.

In one night, the leaders of the Premier League AND La Liga crash out to teams making up the top 4 in their respective leagues. Wow.

Well things just got interesting.

AS Roma beat Barcelona 3-0 at home, 4-4 on aggregate. Roma through to the next round on away goals.

Liverpool beat City 2-1 in Manchester, 5-1 on aggregate.

2 amazing matches to watch.

Liverpool deserved that, City have had some unfortuante refereeing decision in the last couple of games but they got lucky with them earlier in the season a good few times. Liverpool were under a lot of pressure in the first half, but how many great chances did City really create.

Lost 3 in 3 now City, could be 4 in 4 after Tottenham next weekend.

Roma beating Barca 3-0 was a surprise, cracking result for them.

Absolute brilliant effort by Roma. 90 minutes of relentless pressure. One of the best performances I have seen in quite some time.

City were as good as we have seen them in the first half if not better with some simply brilliant play but Liverpool were strong in defence (for the second time in a week!) City faded in the second half and that's when Liverpool capitalized, the Salah goal was great, Liverpool totally deserve to go through, the referee in that game was mad!

In the other game tonight, well.....that was a ****ing surprise!!

I support Juventus I hope they can do a comeback but it feels less likely it will happen.

Most likely the final will be Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.

Finally, FINALLY. Roma is doing something in the Champions League. I'm extremely impressed.

It wont happen. Football is a business, UEFA would rather see Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.

Last edited by a moderator:
I support Juventus I hope they can do a comeback but it feels less likely it will happen.

Most likely the final will be Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.

I'm sure Roma fans felt the same way before last night's game... believe!!

Rm v Bayern final? I fancy our chances against anyone now - though I'd prefer to play RM over 1 leg... ie; in the final.

Amongst friends, I called Liverpool beating Man City when the draw was made. Wish I could have bet on it but mafia cartels Slovak government doesn't allow foreign betting companies and the domestic ones are terrible.

However I do wonder what the odds on a Liverpool-Roma double would have been on the day of that draw?

Do we think that Juventus can do a Roma tonight, or do we all just watch Bayern V Sevilla?

3-0 Juventus!! !

My ass that that was a penalty. That referee was promised a bag of money for that.

What a load of ********.

Last edited:
Real Madrid with probably their worst performance since 0-4 against Barca a while back...

Definitely a debatable penalty, but looking at it in live feed, it looks quite clear cut, but after looking at it from a million camera angles it can be discussed.

In any event, Buffon with the stupidest red card in a while... Pushing the referee around is straight red!

Back