2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

So it not only has the 2012 stair nose, but also the 2014 gentleman's sausage nose. :mad: Force India you really are 🤬 stupid. Thanks for the ugliest car on the grid guys. :banghead:

The Sauber is very similar in terms of the step nose while several of the cars so far have the separated crash structure that the less anatomically inclined of you think is where the car's penis would be. I don't see the problem, haven't seen any car I've disliked this year! :)

They weren't too bad, but not exactly fantastic either.
I dunno I thought cars like the Lotus, Caterham, Sauber, and Red Bull did theirs. I'd even go as far as saying the E20 was the best looking car to come out of Enstone in recent years.

The stepped/pronged nose combo and non-styled shark fin easily make the Force India the least aesthetically pleasing so far. Here's hoping the rest of the teams can do better than this.

Our favorite Aussie's new helmet for 2017

IMG_20170222_150504.jpg

IMG_20170222_150517.jpg

Christ, Force India. More frikkin' silver and black and a super-boring ass scheme someone slopped together on an iPad four days ago...way to drop the ball.

I think what bugs me the most about crappy paint schemes is that they're the only thing which is borderline free. You can have the crappiest car in the world...and still paint it nicely.

Wait, are you trying to present this as a good livery or a bad one?

Because the Lola looks like it was on display when there was an accident at the Crayola factory.
I am trying to present it as a crappy car that was at least painted with some imagination.

I happen to like it, but I am also not opposed to these. :lol:

IMG_1549.jpg

I've actually raced against this one.

harlequin_dyno.jpg

EDK
I am trying to present it as a crappy car that was at least painted with some imagination.

I happen to like it, but I am also not opposed to these. :lol:

IMG_1549.jpg

I've actually raced against this one.

harlequin_dyno.jpg

That's a great example of one of Mrs. Ten's favourite sayings... just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

There is still a glimmer of hope then. If they sound even partially like Indycar's then its a step forward.

I'd disagree - the closer they get to silence the more efficient they become. Efficiency is sexy. Bwaaaa-bwaap-bwaap-bwaap is a waste of energy*.

*Although I admit I've just drilled my motorbike exhausts out... hmmm...

So it not only has the 2012 stair nose, but also the 2014 gentleman's sausage nose. :mad: Force India you really are 🤬 stupid. Thanks for the ugliest car on the grid guys. :banghead:

Stepped nose never left, it was covered with modesty/vanity panels since then, and the protrusion never left either, that was obvious for that past couple years.

That's a great example of one of Mrs. Ten's favourite sayings... just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I'd disagree - the closer they get to silence the more efficient they become. Efficiency is sexy. Bwaaaa-bwaap-bwaap-bwaap is a waste of energy*.

*Although I admit I've just drilled my motorbike exhausts out... hmmm...
Efficiency is not sexy. Formula E disgusts me to that end.

Relatable middle aged man with a career in driving objects with 4 circular objects jumps out of his affordable convertible to a more highly economical and relatable convertible with a cool color
Well, not to mention how efficient is it to produce and ship twice as many cars around the world as would otherwise be required, so you can go race in city centers where you will disrupt traffic and cause gridlock, adding to pollution, all in the name of touting how green and efficient you are.

I know, I know. The next generation cars will run the whole race on one battery, and that IS meaningful progress.

I'm just not sure that they appropriately thought this first generation through.

Before you start running you have to take the first step. At least they are aware of how stupid having to swap cars was and fixed the issue.

Back to the VJM10 - I wonder if the response to the salad fork is a by-product of the livery. If the two outside prongs were black, they wouldn't be nearly as noticeable.

Exactly. That's all it is really. Just a visual error.

Same as how the Williams Martini stripes on the nose are curved and from a distance it makes the nose look like that too instead of straight. I think the Red Bull did it last year too with the placement of the RB logo.

Back