2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

IMG_1773.jpg

I like it I don't think it's all that bad. I just don't like their take on the Shark Fin, it's RBR 2011 variant and it just seems lazy.

It really just looks like the livery was put together by a board of investors more interested in cramming sponsors onto it, than anyone with any artistic or graphic design ability. F1 cars are so hard to build and design, you'd think making the livery appealing would be the easy part.

IMG_1773.jpg

I like it I don't think it's all that bad. I just don't like their take on the Shark Fin, it's RBR 2011 variant and it just seems lazy.
It's almost invisible in that image.

It really just looks like the livery was put together by a board of investors more interested in cramming sponsors onto it, than anyone with any artistic or graphic design ability. F1 cars are so hard to build and design, you'd think making the livery appealing would be the easy part.
I wonder if teams talk to each other about their liveries. Force India have scaled back the amount of black just as Renault increased their use of it.

Still a better looking racecar than last year's cars, but without a doubt the ugly duckling of the grid, so far. It's not so much the design, but more so the livery and colours.

Looking forward to the Mercedes launch tonight at 12:10pm GMT (10:10pm for us Aussies). Should be good to see what the reigning champions have come up with.

It doesn't look like there will be a whole lot of green but it still looks pretty cool from what I can see

Force India anticipate trick suspension systems will become the regulatory battleground ahead of the Australian Grand Prix:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128213/force-india-warns-of-suspension-protests

So more of the same stuff that was already complained about barely after the dust settled in Abu. As I had posted early on in this thread. I mean when Ferrari didn't get a clear answer from the FIA it should have been obvious that this is the new complaint just like all the other trick stuff before it.

I wonder if it will be a yearly thing that Mercedes tend to do on purpose, allow for taping to some how happen hours before car release by someone not official and then release. Same thing has happened for the past couple years. We get grainy photos of the new car, but can't tell what the real details are, I almost wanna say no shark fin, but then it sort of does seem like it might have one. Due to the background blending with the paint.

As @Famine would say "Hamilton's fault"

So this might get buried because it isn't really constructor tech, but has anyone noticed that recently a lot of drivers have switched away from Arai and Schubert helmets and are now using Bell? I'm curious to know why that might be. The most notable changes were Rosberg last year, Hamilton a year before, and now both McLaren drivers as well as a few others. It seems the Arai is no longer the preferred choice of the grid with.

So this might get buried because it isn't really constructor tech, but has anyone noticed that recently a lot of drivers have switched away from Arai and Schubert helmets and are now using Bell? I'm curious to know why that might be. The most notable changes were Rosberg last year, Hamilton a year before, and now both McLaren drivers as well as a few others. It seems the Arai is no longer the preferred choice of the grid with.

Actually it is tech related, Hamilton claimed he switched cause the Bell was better and actually saw a wind tunnel and was proven Arai wasn't

How have the other teams not found a way to produce a nosecone like Mercedes yet. Mercedes have produced the best looking car for for 2015, 2016 and so far 2017 simply because it the front end looks or traditional and beautiful.

For me so far:

Williams: No real difference in the livery (but do love their Martini liveries) but doesn't look massively different to the last 2 years (I struggled to find the difference except the wings.

Sauber - Love the livery (reminds me of blue John Player Special cigarette packs) and the design bar the shark fin is quite nice though I do think they will be the backmarkers.

Renault - Not a fan of the livery (although the blue and yellow mock up earlier in the thread is lovely) and again a nice design bar the shark fin.

Force India - Preferred the 2015/2016 liveries but not a fan of the front end at all (very similar to the 2014 Mclaren in livery and look) and the shark fin looks even worse than the others seen so far.

Mercedes - Best one so far. I quite like the livery with the lining down the side although the Petronas logo looks strange going onto the barge board. The design is the best and no shark fin.

The Mercedes looks amazing. I'm loving the details to those bargeboards. It's going to be interesting to see these cars evolve throughout the year.

For all its sophistication, I actually find the W08 to be fairly crude. My immediate impression was of a Formula 3 car on steroids, as it seems to be lacking the spark of imagination. As Mercedes are the top team, I suppose they need that quality less than the others, but I honestly find the Force India salad fork or Renault's squiggly turning vanes to be more creative.

Latest Posts

Back