2017 Formula 1 Gran Premio de MexicoFormula 1 

Not strictly about the GP, but at a lack of other places to put it (mods, please feel free to move it somewhere more suitable), an interview with Bernie about Ferrari International Assistance just before the Mexican GP:

Ecclestone also revealed that there were moves when he ran F1 with Max Mosley to give Ferrari special assistance from on high.

"Helping Ferrari has always been the smartest thing to do," he said. "And it always has always been done through the technical regulations.

"Teams are important for the F1, but Ferrari is the most.

"That's why over the years, many things have been done that have helped Maranello win."

Pushed further, and asked whether F1 race director Charlie Whiting went out of his way to help British teams, Ecclestone said: "No. Charlie has always done what he was supposed to do.

"Instead, Max has often helped Ferrari. And I too. We all wanted the Ferrari to win.

"A season won by Ferrari is more valuable than a season won by others."

Hmmmmmm.... Whether or not you believe that Ferrari is 'special' and 'necessary to the sport', deliberately giving one specific team a conscious and deliberate boost is immoral.

Breaking news: F1 is a game of politics, and we are merely seeing the results of the new FIA(MG). ;)

Not strictly about the GP, but at a lack of other places to put it (mods, please feel free to move it somewhere more suitable), an interview with Bernie about Ferrari International Assistance just before the Mexican GP:
We have a whole forum that anyone can start a new thread in. Feel free to do so.

I missed live quali yesterday and just watched the replay without knowing the results. Very nice runs. It became clear Max' improved parts pay off. Gap with teammate Ricciardo is huge. Impressive battle for P1 and Vettel did it. Hopefully Vettel keeps his head cool when the race starts.

Also the Mexican crowd is a joy to watch.

Now preperations for the race this evening (8PM CET). :cheers:

To win the title, all Hamilton has to do is finish 5th or higher, no matter where Vettel comes.

For Vettel to keep the fight going to Brazil he either has to win with Hamilton finishing 6th or lower, or finish 2nd with Hamilton 10th or lower.

It's a bit of a no-brainer really.

I want there to be a conspiracy that Ferrari payed Verstappen to take out Hamilton
haha I think it works the other way around. Max knows Vettel has to be cautious in turn one and Max can make use of this 'mental stress' moment. Hopefully some good battles on the track and not via the referees this time. It would be a surprise if Lewis not wins the Championship.

It’s NOT going to be easy but I’m confident Lewis Hamilton will be crowned 4 time F1 champion today. So excited for this race!!
Does Lewis wants to end this race in style and go for another victory or does he just cruize his laps and let Max and Vettel battle each other and not take extra risks? Cannot read his mind but I would go for option B.

He's said multiple times he wants to win winning, meaning get the championship with a win, not just on mathematical elimination.

Does Lewis wants to end this race in style and go for another victory or does he just cruize his laps and let Max and Vettel battle each other and not take extra risks? Cannot read his mind but I would go for option B.

Just wait till Vettel and Verstappen collide and drive it home! :D

A lot of the teams seem to be telling their drivers that they'll need to be in full management mode the entire race. Since the air's less dense, engines, brakes, are going to be running hotter than usual. So yeah, we'll probably end up with most drivers staying away from eachother once things are settled but the start should prove extra chaotic with the track being slippery and the drivers knowing it may be there one good shot at gaining places during the race.

I'm especially worried about Checo, I'm hoping he plays it smart. Going to be very interesting. I haven't read about tire deg though, I wonder what the expected number of stops will be.

It should be a boring one stop with a train style race, like most circuits these days...

Yeah, COTA was supposed to be a one stop then RBR and SF got racey and went for the two stop. Hopefully things are tight enough up front that one of the teams try something interesting.

I wonder if Kvyat is going to be Verstappen’s lucky charm once again as every time he has moved team or hasn’t raced Verstappen has won.

Doesn't help Hamilton's "likeability" when they show him on his phone ignoring a fan immediately followed by Vettel signing a bunch of hats and a helmet. :lol:

Hope it's a good race. Verstappen won't be making it easy for Vettel I think.

A few drivers with loads of penalties once again.

35 place penalty for Vanndorne means its a total of 218 grid pens for him this season! The most in the grid...

Back