2017 Formula 1 Gran Premio de MexicoFormula 1 

Does anyone think Vettel's 3 and Hamilton's' now-4 championships aren't as "worthy" as Schumacher, Fangio, Prost, Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, and Senna because of the incredible reliability the cars have now in relation to back then? Yea, they all are great drivers, but even back then they would drive their best drive and still have the car fail them. With that not happening as much these days the numbers will just continue to rise. Poles, race wins, championships, all of it. No discredit to any of them but it just doesn't feel as powerful as those classics.

Red Bull needs to keep hiring and firing Kvyat.

I would go as far to say that Lewis/Mercedes didn't win this chapionship, but Vettel/Ferrari lost it. Shame to see it end like this, but the last few months have seen Ferrari show what a fall from grace they've had.

Does anyone think Vettel's 3 and Hamilton's' now-4 championships aren't as "worthy" as Schumacher, Fangio, Prost, Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, and Senna because of the incredible reliability the cars have now in relation to back then? Yea, they all are great drivers, but even back then they would drive their best drive and still have the car fail them. With that not happening as much these days the numbers will just continue to rise. Poles, race wins, championships, all of it. No discredit to any of them but it just doesn't feel as powerful as those classics.

Vettel's 4, you mean.

That's a Schumacher who crashed into Hill when he knew his car was done for no.1, had an alleged illegal car for no.2 (Traction Control) and the best car in the field in the Ferrari years with a teammate who was contractually bound not to race him you mean?

I think "worthy" is a misnomer because the criticism is being levied toward...natural progression? I understand what you're saying, perhaps even why but it's non-factor. Leaving it all on the track means no more (or less) now than it did then. A good deal of the people you've highlighted did some...unsavory things to secure their titles as well which, again, doesn't take away from their apparent talent.

I definitely thought about which word to use and thought that described it best. It's still not the best word though, you're right.

What a great race, Vettel pushed like hell, and Verstappen, man what a quick Dutchman, quite a funny moment when his Engineer told him to take it easy, and he puts the same lap as the lap before, and his Engineer, is like Max.... and Max giggles.

And with that they just shift to NASCAR like it's nothing...

And the same freakin' broadcast is on the NBCSN channel, this is just...ugh...

Anyway, with today race we could see once again how badly-done are nowadays Formula 1, because of discutible rules. Vettel and Hamilton struggling to pass opponents that usually take 3 seconds each lap from them. Hamilton even took 25 laps to get out of the last place. This is simply something I cannot understand, how did we get this low?

I hate that so much. Nothing against NASCAR at all but don't show me that during F1 coverage.
They did that as a preview and went back to F1 just to go to commercial. I'm so glad NBC loses F1 next year. Someone better get this right.

Schumacher Senna

Why do people rate these guy's so highly?
Schumacher had the best car for a long time and a team mate that would stop his car if asked.
Senna,didn't mind pushing people off the track to win championships.

I do agree that both of them were the best of their time but that doesn't give them the right to hurt someone else's race when
things don't go their way.

Reminds me of Max fans that think it's fine to leave a track and overtake.

Three strikes and you're out, what's Max going to rely on now to get wins since Kvyat is no more? ;)

Last year's race was the first 10 and last 10 laps for actual entertainment, this year I could say it was the first 20 and the last 20 laps that had the entertainment, maybe one day this race will actually be truly entertaining...

Glad Magnussen soaked-up the pressure of Alonso & Hamilton to hold onto 8th despite the way the weekend began for him and Haas. Also, what is that garbage they're playing for the party? :odd:

Anyway, with today race we could see once again how badly-done are nowadays Formula 1, because of discutible rules. Vettel and Hamilton struggling to pass opponents that usually take 3 seconds each lap from them. Hamilton even took 25 laps to get out of the last place. This is simply something I cannot understand, how did we get this low?
Who's "we"?

Kvyat's sackings are always statistically beneficial to Verstappen's race results...

Ten's awesome OP calls it once again :D

Interesting race, some good moves from Vettel and Hamilton on a track that was too hot with too little air for those kinds of risks on a normal day. This was not a normal day, of course.

All podiums should revolve to reveal a DJ from now on!

In general. But it is mostly car-regulamentation-referred.
Oh, okay. The way you worded it made it seem to me like you were putting the blame on the fans for drivers not being able to overtake. :boggled:

Did it really take me 5 minutes to type this post out? Geez, my tablet is so slow...

I mean... How can be called "technological progress" the fact that in the race, after the first rush laps (usually 10 to 15), the engine power output is cut by 30% to preserve the engine, because they need to keep up for 4 weekends, eventually 5? And it seems that next year there will be even 1 less Power Unit available before getting penalties?

Screenshot_2017-10-29-22-43-00.jpg
I noticed at the interview with Hamilton. "Gran Turismo" is on his cap.
Gtsport will taken over F1 :lol:

Last edited:
Back