2017 Formula 1 Japanese Grand PrixFormula 1 

Magnussen the viking taking what he wants and bringing Grosjean along for the ride, nice. Good to see Japan ended up being a bit better for them in the end afterall.

Might as well stick a fork in Ferrari though, they're done. Good reason to root for the Ferrari 'B-team' of Haas next race though. :dopey:

Heard something about Vettel getting another reprimand, what was that about??

Max admitted he never could overtake Lewis. And because of the overtake situation of Alonso and then Massa by Lewis and Max he gained extra time because of this situation and not the other way around. Only chance to possibly overtake Lewis was around the same time Bottas and Lewis traded places. Very sporty comment of Max.

Other driver(s) would maybe have started to whine over the radio when Massa/Alonso slowed down the rest.

source (in Dutch): http://www.gpupdate.net/nl/f1-nieuw...portief-door-achterblijvers-liep-ik-juist-in/

Is it just me or does there seem to be a huge chip on the shoulder of Massa ?
It seems to be the same every race , if he's being passed by one of the more established drivers he's all polite and gracious in defeat but once it comes to any of the younger drivers he's all elbows and cutting people off (and often a load of whinging) .

Heard something about Vettel getting another reprimand, what was that about??

He missed the national anthem basically, spending the time instead with the mechanics around the car whilst they tried (ultimately to no avail) to solve the spark plug issue.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132289/vettel-now-one-reprimand-from-grid-penalty

Vettel's now only one licence point away from getting a 10-place grid penalty. Mind you, he's used his allocation of PU components anyway courtesy of the problems in Malaysia. So even if he's a good boy from now on, if he has to take another PU component, grid penalties will come his way.

If Vettel can be penalised for this, does that mean Hamilton can if he kneels in Austin?

If Vettel can be penalised for this, does that mean Hamilton can if he kneels in Austin?
nope this is Vettels second 'reprimande' off track and for a (grid) penalty two of three reprimandes had to happen on track during the race. At least that was explained earlier today during the post race

Bit of a snooze of a race. Even though I'd have preferred Hamilton win the championship...this is a crap way to do it (perhaps some vague compensation for losing last year's in the same fashion). I'd imagine Hamilton would rather go down fighting with Seb to the last race. Shame. Here's hoping next year Red Bull figures out some more magic and we have three genuinely competitive teams fighting for race wins ---- when would be the last time that even happened? (outside of poaching wins when cars crashed)

So what's the situation now, I read Hamilton can win the championship next race already?
Unless Ferrari decides to quit the sport before Austin, it’s going to take at least till the start of Brazil to know for sure. But he likely will win in Mexico if he remains consistent.

Bit of a snooze of a race. Even though I'd have preferred Hamilton win the championship...this is a crap way to do it (perhaps some vague compensation for losing last year's in the same fashion). I'd imagine Hamilton would rather go down fighting with Seb to the last race. Shame. Here's hoping next year Red Bull figures out some more magic and we have three genuinely competitive teams fighting for race wins ---- when would be the last time that even happened? (outside of poaching wins when cars crashed)
2012, when 6 teams scored a win.

These are soo good:

Drivers are little dibber dobbers lol.

After reading the below dialogue, I'm glad to see it played out pretty much exactly as I had envisioned it.

Grosjean: “After the chequered flag are allowed to undo the belts?”

Whiting: “No. Any further?”

Grosjean: “Well I think Lewis has been doing it quite a lot.”

Whiting: “Loosening them is reasonable, rather than taking them off completely.”

Grosjean: “I’m just asking, I think it’s great for the fans, but I wanted to mention it.”

Whiting: “At the speeds Lewis was driving at, I think that’s a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Loosen them, not undo them.”

Felipe Massa chimes in: “But you cannot loosen them. It’s very difficult, you need to take it off.”

Whiting: “I was asked a question and I said, no, you should not undo them, but if you can loosen them off, I don’t see a big issue with that. Lewis, what do you do, do you loosen them or undo them?”

Hamilton [smiles, then]: “Undo them. I don’t do it very often, Montreal I did, a few other races.”

Whiting: “You might have started something here Romain…”

FB_IMG_1507726852377.jpg

Latest Posts

Back