2017 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand PrixFormula 1 

FP1
DJwcuhBX0AAt3TW.jpg

Is Ricciardo going to Ferrari any time soon?

so far like I said (=written) earlier. RBR very predictable. FP1 and FP2 excellente! Quali: will Mercedes push that hidden button again?
Race: well Ricciardo top 3 and Max.....

I'm watching FP2 now after I woke up but I just have to say WTF is Bob Varsha still doing on TV? He just said Ariana Grande as "Ariana Grand". It's Grande. With a long "a". The guy is so out of touch with everything ever...

I'm watching FP2 now after I woke up but I just have to say WTF is Bob Varsha still doing on TV? He just said Ariana Grande as "Ariana Grand". It's Grande. With a long "a". The guy is so out of touch with everything ever...
Is he the guy who does a little bit of Formula E and sounds like he's talking to the audiences as if they're 3 years old?

Yes. Every race he goes over everything just in case you randomly decided that day to watch some race in a series that you've never heard before. Never talks about what's actually happening on screen.

Yes. Every race he goes over everything just in case you randomly decided that day to watch some race in a series that you've never heard before. Never talks about what's actually happening on screen.
I see it a lot in american racing coverage in general. They always beat the dead horse over how technically mind-boggling every little thing is and how amazing every person on the teams are at what they do. They always explain every aspect every chance they get. I think it's a side-effect of too much coverage when there's nothing going on, mostly with IRL and NASCAR. Kind'a like watching a news room struggle to find things to talk about when covering a live car chase.

I can't help but feel they're not going to go that far unless he Maldonado's the car in first practice or some other major screwup on his part occurs... but then again, I guess that's a very real possibility too. And not just because of the nature of the track.

(No I totally didn't miss that part in the post I quoted, what are you talking about?)

I laughed so much at this. Pastor making himself into a verb is quite an accomplishment. :D

Verstappen top of FP3, Ricciardo should have been there too but for a mistake on his hot lap.

Fernando something-or-other laying down a pre-contract marker too, very quick! :D

The big question is where Vettel and Hamilton will be at the end of qualifying. Slim chance either will be on pole. But if one of them gets a front row, that might be decisive.

If there is anywhere left for McLaren Honda to have a solid race and qualifying, it has to be here. Dare I say Alonso within shout of a podium if things go a little wayward up front?

The big question is where Vettel and Hamilton will be at the end of qualifying. Slim chance either will be on pole. But if one of them gets a front row, that might be decisive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel got pole, Ferrari and Mercedes always seem to have a bit of extra pace in Q3.

Back