2017 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand PrixFormula 1 

Amazing to see RBR on top. This has been great to see.

And again, a good opportunity to see the quality of McLaren's chassis. Glad they'll have a Renault engine next season.

For anyone who's ever doubted whether Vettel was worth the money... scrapes the paint off the walls, yet is five-tenths up on his team-mate and beats both of the supremely quick Red Bulls.

Hamilton makes a good go of it, but nearly seven tenths up on his team-mate is still only good for fifth.

That pole could be key to Vettel winning the title.
Doubt it, we're heading into a lot more Merc circuits that Lewis should spend nibbling the points back. It'll do well to make the championship last longer though.

Doubt it, we're heading into a lot more Merc circuits that Lewis should spend nibbling the points back. It'll do well to make the championship last longer though.

Absolutely - Mercedes have said all season that their super-long (in comparison) car is going to struggle in Singapore, I should think they're comparatively happy to be in the top six today, and at least it puts them in the money seats when the Safety Car lottery begins.

Although we knew Mercedes struggles in SIngapore I did not expect the gap so big. On the other hand if their long stints and pit strategy works out well they could surprise us? Great quali by Vettel but still wondering how he suddenly found 0,5 seconds. SOunds like a bad loser, well actually I am :) Q1 p11/12 and Q3 p1? Strategy or (conspiricy) magic?

Tomorrow will be an hopefully epic race. Max and Daniel will keep their heads cool during the first lap and then one of them wins! (said Max to Dutch reporter). Victoire for RedBull

Last edited:
The reason why they found so much time is the same in the case that Mercedes finds huge amounts of time in Q3. Don't show all you've got until you need to. No need to go all out until you know you can get the pole, and as was stated beforehand, Ferrari has the advantage over the Mercs this week, so they need to capitalize on that as much as possible.

Red Bull may be closer this week, but once we get to places like Malaysia or Mexico, I still can't see them holding a candle to the top two.

Although we knew Mercedes struggles in SIngapore I did not expect the gap so big. On the other hand if their long stints and pit strategy works out well they could surprise us? Great quali by Vettel but still wondering how he suddenly found 0,5 seconds. SOunds like a bad loser, well actually I am :) Q1 p11/12 and Q3 p1? Strategy or (conspiricy) magic?

Tomorrow will be an hopefully epic race. Max and Daniel will keep their heads cool during the first lap and then one of them wins! (said Max to Dutch reporter). Victoire for RedBull

There was some oil left after the Porsche race. All the front runners went on a single run earlier in the session and the track improved massively from then. You could see how crazy the Q1 results were.

Wouldn't be surprised he does so in the same fashion as 2013 and 2015.

And 2011. In fact his dominating performance that year took him to within one point of being the WDC (Button fell 124 behind with 125 remaining).

Vettel vs Verstappen tomorrow. Gonna be spicy

It depends. Ricciardo will be putting pressure on Verstappen, hopefully RB will moderate that fight to allow Verstappen to pressure Vettel. If not I don't see Verstappen troubling Vettel too much.

Max will attack Vettel after the start of the race full beans,if "honestly" Seb makes a poor getaway or a little listake Max will 100% sure go for it!!
....Vettel has the championship to think about ,Max not...

Max will do it and win the race....it has to be this way....after all the bad luck he deserves it this year...at least for 1 race!!!

Yeah i am biased....i know! :D:D

But thats whats going to happen tomorrow .... GOMAX!!!!

:bowdown:

:)

Spy.

Max will attack Vettel after the start of the race full beans,if "honestly" Seb makes a poor getaway or a little listake Max will 100% sure go for it!!

Max will do it and win the race....it has to be this way....after all the bad luck he deserves it this year...at least for 1 race!!!

Spy.
I honestly doubt Max won't have any issues during the race. I mean, it seems like he has the same amount as luck as Felipe Massa does, and the 30 second world champion isn't exactly that lucky in the first place.

I'm predicting that he'll be out of the race before lap 30.

Spy.
Whatever he does he better do it clean...or he should be sat for a race!

YES , you can talk it down as much as you want...

Max will deliver tomorrow...he will !

if he doesnt,its your fault !! :embarrassed::sly::sly:

sorry,after all the bad luck he had....and the amazing(without the ferrari having the turbo boost option in quali!!) Max is going to win this gp....

amd i dont care what you guys say!!..

GOOOOOMMMMAAAXXXX!!

yes i am a fan....

Spy

So in 2015 we had a man on the track, in 2016 it was a visit from Godzilla and a marshal sprinting for his life...

Kinda hoping for another 'Singapore-silly' to happen, but I can't imagine what it could be this time. :confused:

race day.gif

cold beer in fridge: check
chips : check
friends invited : check

Please let us enjoy an epic race @singapore.

Predicition: VER, RIC, RAI

Back