2017 Formula 1 VTB Russian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Fringe, so long as one of the faster six teams beating it don't have a car in contention, that's my point. If the car was a sure thing I'd see plenty of justification to drop Palmer. The fact of the matter is, Hulk hasn't delivered but one time out of 3 decent quali, while Palmer finishes either behind his team mate or a few places off.

The car isn't a stellar performer and it's only fringe because the other Williams is occupied by a rookie worse than Palmer.

Once again if the car actually could reflect what it does on Saturday, I'd find a drop clause in Palmer's contract after this GP and replace him with the Russian. Seems simple, but the problem is you can't say that the car would be doing any better on Sunday (where it actually matters) if someone other than Palmer was in that seat.
But what happens when Hulkenberg retires from the race? At Force India, if Perez is taken out, they know Ocon can still salvage some points for the team, whereas once Hulk is out, Renault can say goodbye to points.

This is a friendly reminder for those who forgot: ITS RACING DAY!!!

Can we expect an aggressive start from Mercedes?
Will Kimi hold of the Mercs so Vettel can win seconds in the first laps?
Will our Max have that fire start again and mix up the first 5 places in lap 1?

Enough reasons to watch this one. Unfortunately I cannot watch live and have to wait two hours to watch the recording...birthdays...but with a mix of guys, a couple of beers and fans of all teams in the same room we can expect fireworks.

Happy racing day!

But what happens when Hulkenberg retires from the race? At Force India, if Perez is taken out, they know Ocon can still salvage some points for the team, whereas once Hulk is out, Renault can say goodbye to points.

What happens when he doesn't, he still struggles to finish in the points. This is all stemming from Quali, and all I've demonstrated is that Quali obviously isn't a massive help to this team, considering the driver that is doing well quali wise, still finishes relatively in the same area as his oh so hated team mate.

Max had a leaking waterpump. Instead of replacing it they had to settle with just filling it up with adhesive. Let's see how long it will last.

Interesting comment from Martin Brundle: when Vettel was out of position on the grid in China, it was because the grid boxes had been re-painted to accomodate the wider cars. But because they used gloss paint, his tyres would have been positioned right over them and he would have had less grip off the line.

Seriously can we just get a bunch of five year olds to build the Honda? They'd probably do a better job than these jokers...

Back