2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed Central Feature Set to Honor... Bernie Ecclestone?

Little do they know the central feature this year will be constructed entirely of money.

Also not doing the BT52 over the BT49 is criminal.

By the sounds of it isn't a popular choice. Can't say I'm impressed either. Firstly there were loads of his cars at Goodwood last year. Also 70th Anniversary of Ferrari. Ferrari haven't done a statue since the 90's. Although I suppose they don't want to follow the norm. As many places are celebrating Ferrari's anniversary. If it was going to be a person. Why not John Surtees? I'm sure many more people would appreciate that. But I do know that a class is dedicated to John Surtees. Also Ferrari wise. They'll have a presence anyway. On the hill and around the site. And i'm sure the statue will be impressive. As long as it isn't a 70ft bust of Bernie.

Same reactions I saw on F1fanatic when the news hit earlier this week. Very hard to fine someone actually in awe or excitement over this. Also it's hard to correlate the cars that either Bernie drove, was leader in build (financial backer/team owner), and so on. The last 20 years has been a dominant progression in milking F1, so anything other than the sculpture being currency with tires strapped to them wouldn't represent Bernie greatly.

Same reactions I saw on F1fanatic when the news hit earlier this week. Very hard to fine someone actually in awe or excitement over this. Also it's hard to correlate the cars that either Bernie drove, was leader in build (financial backer/team owner), and so on. The last 20 years has been a dominant progression in milking F1, so anything other than the sculpture being currency with tires strapped to them wouldn't represent Bernie greatly.
Aside from my revolving door gag, others have suggested a giant golden phallus (with two faces) and... some less polite things. Most of the satire sites aren't touching it because it's low-hanging fruit.

Back