2017 Honda Ridgeline

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 66 comments
I don't think Honda would ever want to touch the full size market. There just isn't enough money to make it worth it, I think. As much as Toyota and Nissan have dumped into their quarter ton, and in the case of Nissan, half ton trucks, the return can't be as huge as they'd like it to be.

Especially since they both were supposed to make a huge splash on the market but then were forced to whither on the vine for over a decade. I don't know what sales Nissan was expecting out of the Titan though (I'm guessing they didn't reach them) but I know Toyota overestimated Tundra sales by the level GM tended to do at the time. Honda might have been interested when that fabled V8 program was in development, but now I doubt they care at all.

-> Just test drove an RTS model earlier, and here are my pointers

Compared to the 1st gen:
+ Chassis is better sorted.
+ Cabin significantly quieter.
+ Driving position & comfort is the same as the Pilot which means far better. The 1st gen feels like you're sitting on a dinner table!
+ Feels lighter on its feet.
+ VTEC sound feels more nostalgic. It sounds like my B17 Integra on stock exhaust!
+ Bed & Trunk shape & size are more logical! No more flying butress!
- Power rear window no longer standard on lower trim models. My boss' RT had one! (and that was the base model!!!)
- The standard radio is better than the tablet-like fail head unit!
- No amber rear turn signal. There is a dedicated housing for the turn signal!!!

^ I used to drive the 1st gen RT for a total of 10,000 miles as a work-truck for my boss. Overall this vehicle fits for most peoples needs for everyday useability, without being a d-bag. I have a feeling that unlike the 1st gen, this will be a hit for Honda!

-> In fact once I get my financials straight, I would totally get the RTL-E as my polar opposite vehicle to my M3.

^ It was treated as a work truck for our pediatric clinics that had 3 locations. It did a lot of heavy (and bulky) medical equipment transfers hauling in between offices. My boss also uses the RL going to ski resorts like Bryan Head & Mammoth with utmost ease! On its first year after purchase, it logged in 140K miles!

I really liked this truck. It was my favorite of the show along with the Nissan. What surprised me most is how huge it is. It's way bigger than the old one. It's basically a big pickup version of the Pilot. That thing is huge too.

The '17-'19 Ridgeline recalled cause washing it could cause a fire
NHTSA has issued a recall for 2017, 2018 and 2019 Honda Ridgelines. Apparently what happens is car wash detergent that has sulfuric acid in it can drain from the bed and get into the fuel pump’s fuel feed port. If that doesn’t get properly rinsed off, the acid could crack the port, which leads to a “pressurized fuel leak,” according to the recall notice. That, of course, could result in a fire.
Jalopnik

:lol:

Back