2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,405 views
Let the record show that while the top 3 are Ford's, the 4th one is back in 6th. Calm down.
 
Why does BMW even bother taking on a proper GTE field in GTLM? They often seem to be a noticeable fraction off pace.
 
Damn internet had to go out before qualifying. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Wanted to see it and missed it.
 
It was quite uneventful (extremely so) but it was good just to see the cars rolling around.
 
BMW deserves to be that slow with that sorry excuse for an art car.

New GTE specific car in 2018, maybe not even an M6.

I questioned how dedicated they'd be knowing there is a new car in the works...and that art car is easily the worst livery I've seen in...well, since I can remember. I'd be ashamed to drive around in that.
 
And the Vettes didn't sandbag like crazy at Daytona last year? When they put the hammer down they pulled away from everyone and anyone like they were standing still.
When the Vettes caught the Porsche they were on fresher tires. And as far as fastest lap times yes the #3 posted the fastest lap at 1:44.12 then followed by
Ford GT- 1:44.391
#4 Vette- 1:44.563
Ferrari - 1:44.589
Porsche- 1:44.599
BMW- 1:44.606
Ferrari - 1:44.639
Porsche - 1:44.662
Etc.
That's hardly pulling away from everyone like they were standing still.
Let the record show that while the top 3 are Ford's, the 4th one is back in 6th. Calm down.
I am calm...:confused:
 
Last edited:
Can't get the app to work still, and the website isn't up yet
 
How am I supposed to see the cars through the radio?
 
How am I supposed to see the cars through the radio?
Since there is no stream to watch anywhere but the IMSA radio booth or in the pits I guess you will have to close your eyes and pretend you see cars.

or watch this for another hour :D

 
Hearing CJ Wilson in the booth is actually pretty interesting. You can tell that he clearly cares about IMSA and his team.
 
Cadillacs and Nissans fastest in night practice.
 
I've switched to my Daytona avatar and just need to get some supplies and I'll be set. :cheers:

Who I'm cheering for:

DPi - Rebellion or JDC-Miller (MN team)
PC - Don't care
GTLM - Corvette, I just decided to use Rebellion as my avatar to switch things up.
GTD - Scuderia Corsa

Hearing CJ Wilson in the booth is actually pretty interesting. You can tell that he clearly cares about IMSA and his team.

I like the fact that he's not just jumping in the deep end expecting to win but is instead slowly building it from the ground up in the lower tier's first. Hopefully we'll see him in the main series in the future.
 
I may have found a way to watch the race this weekend. Hopefully it works.
 
I'm surprised at how slow the DPi qualifying times are. I thought they would have easily been in the 35s,

And those PC cars, can we please drop them now, they're so damn slow!
 
This practice session isn't going smoothly at all so far. Risi had issues and a "WEC" spec Liger now stranded on track.
 
And on that note:
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/137940-rolex-24-reliability-a-big-concern-for-prototype-teams
GTLM and PC shall most likely be battling for the overall win I bet. :D
I'm thinking it'll be either the DPi that breaks the least or a GTLM. PC is still PC so the few PCs will PC themselves out of the race.

SC365 is reporting that Lexus is reportedly looking at a possible GTLM effort in the future. It is unknown if they will make a true GTE or pull a BMW and upgrade the GT3 car to make it a GTLM machine.
 
That is entirely possible and would be a terrible way to start the new era of IMSA and new prototype. Ford wins at Daytona has to have the chipster at the buffet line ordering doubles of everything.:lol:
 
I'm thinking it'll be either the DPi that breaks the least or a GTLM. PC is still PC so the few PCs will PC themselves out of the race.

SC365 is reporting that Lexus is reportedly looking at a possible GTLM effort in the future. It is unknown if they will make a true GTE or pull a BMW and upgrade the GT3 car to make it a GTLM machine.
Suuuuuuuupra!!!!!!! :D
 
I'm thinking it'll be either the DPi that breaks the least or a GTLM. PC is still PC so the few PCs will PC themselves out of the race.

SC365 is reporting that Lexus is reportedly looking at a GTLM effort in the future. It is unknown if they will make a true GTE or pull a BMW and upgrade the GT3 car to make it a GTLM machine.
Well if all the DPi's break who knows. :p

I'm surprised Lexus didn't think of GTLM sooner...since they're already a factory team in an Pro-Am class.
 
Back