2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
I'll pass on the Lexus interest, but if they want to join - the more the merrier. I think a DPi with a Cadillac/Chevy motor will win overall. If I had to stake my bet on 24-hour reliability out of the box, I'd go with the 6.3/6.3 V8 over the other offerings.

I'll pass on the Lexus interest, but if they want to join - the more the merrier. I think a DPi with a Cadillac/Chevy motor will win overall. If I had to stake my bet on 24-hour reliability out of the box, I'd go with the 6.3/6.3 V8 over the other offerings.
Its a new motor though, the Cadillac LT's never been raced/never been raced in an LMP2. I bet we're looking at the 2003 Rolex 24 all over again. :D

Yeah, but I still think there is probably a lot of that motor shared with various other LT race motors. So if the cars themselves hold up, I'd choose that over the Mazda or Nissan lumps.

EDIT: With any significant downtime though, I can see perhaps a GTLM Ford overall victory.

Yeah, but I still think there is probably a lot of that motor shared with various other LT race motors. So if the cars themselves hold up, I'd choose that over the Mazda or Nissan lumps.

EDIT: With any significant downtime though, I can see perhaps a GTLM Ford overall victory.
Oh definitely, the Cadillac's will be much more reliable. Not only is it a GM motor, its an NA motor, and has less to go wrong with it.

Oh definitely, the Cadillac's will be much more reliable. Not only is it a GM motor, its an NA motor, and has less to go wrong with it.
The Nissan's should be reliable as well. Unless putting the engine in the back of the car instead of the front causes any issues.

The Nissan's should be reliable as well. Unless putting the engine in the back of the car instead of the front causes any issues.
My accounting of its unreliability is simply due to packaging it and that particular engine not having been setup for a Ligier before. Mechanically and electronically yeah the Nissan V6 is definitely a beast, but having been a slight rush job of throwing the program together, there's potential for cooling issues or driveline competent problems. We'll see though, every single car is the class is new, so it'll be a crap shoot.

My accounting of its unreliability is simply due to packaging it and that particular engine not having been setup for a Ligier before. Mechanically and electronically yeah the Nissan V6 is definitely a beast, but having been a slight rush job of throwing the program together, there's potential for cooling issues or driveline competent problems. We'll see though, every single car is the class is new, so it'll be a crap shoot.
They already lost one engine at the Roar so cooling is/was a issue.

They already lost one engine at the Roar so cooling is/was a issue.
Figured. Turbo cars can sometimes be finicky with packaging and cooling. Honda's attempt at a DP engine back a couple years ago and the first year of the Cadillac GT3 are examples of that.

How soon will today's race be available to view in full?
I believe they normally upload the CTSC races to YouTube after the race airs on TV, which is February 12. So, expect it around then, I guess.

Damn I guess I have to wait but it's okay. I don't really follow it that closely, it's just nice to watch cars go around a track

It was kind of interesting after the penultimate caution with cars pitting and getting penalties. It kind of changed the outcome of the GS winner.

While exiting the pits #12 Porsche Hindman was in front of the #15 Mustang Maxwell. IMSA said Maxwell had the right of way leaving pit road, which put Hindman behind Maxwell just before the green flag. Then after the green flag Maxwell was penalized for spinning wheels in the air and had to head to pit road. Hindman as always drove away from the competition. Congrats to Trent Hindman for the win.[\SPOILER]
EDIT :lol:

EDIT
I just couldn't on their twitter feed.
But here goes.

How the *** did I get tricked into this?

It's also an ECR engine.

Last edited:
Got the DVR ready :D
image.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the start since I'm at work :(.

I do hope that they use the RLM commentary for the YouTube uploads again. That was by far the best change that they made all season.

Also, I will boldly predict that there will be multiple instances of treeing occurring in the thread today if no Rolex 24 thread is made.

Every time I try to load the IMSA TV page on my phone, the page crashes. Could someone please link the livestream when it comes up.

Well I can't get anything to work for me for internet streams, so I guess I'm going to miss out on this one. Stupid cable TV broadcast deals. Fox can shove it.

Back