2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
To be honest, I have to laugh at the DPi sandbagging allegations already. Unlike Le Mans (which was the FIA being stupid more than anything), the IMSA field is pretty much brand new and nobody truly knows what will happen. We all know the Caddy is the fastest right now, but the Mazda supposedly ran a 1m 37.1s lap in a practice session. Add to the electrical woes from the Cosworth system that everyone but Mazda has and it's still anyone's guess as to what will happen today. Sebring will be a better guess of who needs BoP adjustments due to pace than Daytona will since they'll have more development time by then.

NA engines forever. :D
To be honest, I have to laugh at the DPi sandbagging allegations already. Unlike Le Mans (which was the FIA being stupid more than anything), the IMSA field is pretty much brand new and nobody truly knows what will happen. We all know the Caddy is the fastest right now, but the Mazda supposedly ran a 1m 37.1s lap in a practice session. Add to the electrical woes from the Cosworth system that everyone but Mazda has and it's still anyone's guess as to what will happen today. Sebring will be a better guess of who needs BoP adjustments due to pace than Daytona will since they'll have more development time by then.
Not to mention Daytona is a one of a kind track. Literally nothing like it. Also, Mazda isn't running the Cosworth electronics? I thought everybody had too? :odd:

DRINK!

upload_2017-1-28_14-11-53.png

Finally got the fire stick to work. Well at least I don't need to change the channel now lol.

Oh God...pre race ceremonies... :odd:
Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?
This is most likely their only race this year.

Anyone know why Turner Motorsport is only fielding one car in the GTD category?

Both of their customer drivers from last year left racing. The Daytona entry came together at the last second so they may not even be at Sebring.

Who cares we're using this. xD

Oh my God the cringe levels of the pit reporter asking how can we tell the difference between the Ford GT and a DPi. :banghead:

Back