2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
Wow. Kind of tired of being Jordan's opening act? I guess?
He tested an Indycar and seemed so enjoy it. Plus, he is one of the strongest drivers in North America right now and Penske will always be Penske. Worst case scenario is that if he struggles, he can always revert to racing for his dad if the Penske gig goes downhill for him assuming he gets the seat.

Spent today strolling though the Road Atlanta paddock while the teams unloading.

IMG_8990.JPG IMG_9004.JPG IMG_9025.JPG IMG_9030.JPG IMG_9033.JPG IMG_9054.JPG IMG_9055.JPG IMG_9125.JPG

They had him on F1 a couple weeks ago, and he was so bad at following what was going on during qualifying.
I jar urn he's not even part of the NBC teamnbutbthey bring him over sometimes when Lee diffey is out

I just read an article on Motorsport.com with him talking about what he's interested in. He really is obsessed with speed. He doesn't want to drive LMP2 or GT3 knowing there are cars 20 seconds faster and being overtaken. I find that really interesting. He's addicted to speed and being at the front of the pack. I think the only thing left for him is LMP1 or DPi. He won't do IndyCar.

Also, in November IMSA 2018 will hold an "encore" 4 hour race at Sebring open to LMP3, GT3, GT4 and TCR cars.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/imsa-confirms-sebring-encore-race-for-nov-2018/

Edit: This, kids, is why you drink coffee before posting. :lol:

I just read an article on Motorsport.com with him talking about what he's interested in. He really is obsessed with speed. He doesn't want to drive LMP2 or GT3 knowing there are cars 20 seconds faster and being overtaken. I find that really interesting. He's addicted to speed and being at the front of the pack. I think the only thing left for him is LMP1 or DPi. He won't do IndyCar.
Wonder if he's had any conversations with Joest as of late. :P

Last edited:
7th, 9th and 10th is where the Cadillics are starting.

Penske is one thing but the Nissans kept them honest along with the Rebellion. Also the Ligiers got the 3rd row.

Where are the people complaining about Cadillac now? :sly:

At any rate the real show is in GTLM and GTD, and both are shaping up to be brawls. :drool:

Let's just hope the weather cooperates. Right now the forecast is drizzle in the morning with a 40% chance of showers in the afternoon and more rain moving in Saturday night. I'm staying about 30 miles away from the track in northeast Atlanta. If I can get out there in the morning for morning warmup to get some pictures and video, I will be happy with that. Pitwalk and a few hours of racing will be a bonus. But once a steady rain moves in there, I'm out of there.

I'm more worried about getting back home on Sunday as that tropical storm is supposed to move through and I've got to go all the way back to Alabama.

Where are the people complaining about Cadillac now? :sly:

At any rate the real show is in GTLM and GTD, and both are shaping up to be brawls. :drool:
They are sandbagging for a better BOP in 2018. They have more rear wing now than they had all summer and yet they are slower? Cadillac already clinched the constructors title and the WTR just has to start to win the championship so they have nothing to gain by going all out.

If qualifying is an indicator, GTLM is going to be a bloodbath. Risi got pole, but the top 5 are within a tenth of a second.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/vilander-puts-risi-on-gtlm-pole-at-road-atlanta/
#3 Corvette basically sealed up and won the championship from the last race results at Laguna, and I would still like to see them win today.....buuut I will not be disappointed one bit if Risi takes the win, I'm actually pulling for them a bit. Good to see GTLM so close. Hopefully the Porsche RSR's which received BoP breaks can stay with the pack. They are both starting from the back but showed speed in practice.

Last edited:
#3 Corvette basically sealed up and won the championship from the last race results at Laguna, and I would still like to see them win today.....but I will not be disappointed one bit with Risi taking the win, I'm actually pulling for them a bit. Good to see GTLM so close. Hopefully the Porche RSR's which received BoP breaks can stay with the pack. They are both starting from the back but showed speed in practice.

Supposedly they too are gaming the BoP for next year, as is claimed about Cadillac.

Yea that's weird. I'm watching through YouTube so I have that video up with my TV FS1 audio in the background (for now)_

I need a piece of paper with the numbers of all cars that are important. Like, for each class who is leading the championship and who is still able to win?

Back