Sports Cars 2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by IforceV8, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Northstar

Northstar Premium

For anyone that has a Roku, IMSA has launched an app with replays of races and other videos from each series (Weathertech, Conti, PC and Porsche Cup).

It's pretty much just their YouTube channel, but it's rather convenient.

2. TheElbows

TheElbows

Hmmm...time to hook the Roku back up.

3. Eva

Eva Premium

4. catamount39

catamount39

Excellent! Glad to see him get the seat.

5. FutureF1

FutureF1

IMSA 2018 is going to be utterly amazing. Starting off with quite possibly the best looking Rolex 24 grid ever. The end of January can't come soon enough!!!

Rotorist and fortbo like this.
  6. Jezza819

Jezza819

7. Northstar

Northstar Premium

8. catamount39

catamount39

I'd think they'd be smart to bring the new car to the Rolex 24 if anything but to put the car through a competitive 24 hour enduro, especially since the entire car is brand new. Daytona may be unique to any circuit that's on the WEC calendar, but its got lots of 6th gear full throttle time to push the engine hard and give them an idea about Le Mans.

9. Jezza819

Jezza819

They ran a car last year at Daytona but it was a GTD car. I don't know if the regulations would allow them to run a GLTM spec car or not. I also think it would be a good idea to run either Daytona or Sebring to shake down the new car. Sebring would literally shake it down.

10. catamount39

catamount39

Of course they can run a GTLM car at Daytona, GTLM is GTE, and they've run GTLM in the past (Daytona/Sebring 2014, 2015).

11. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

I'd figure that they will bring the new car to Daytona and especially Sebring since the Sebring 1500 mile race will be on the WEC Super Season schedule. They could benefit from the (depending on how their race turns out) 36 hours of actual race time before the WEC schedule opens up.

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

13. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

Looking for high res shots of the 3GT Racing Lexus and the C7.R, if anybody's got any good shots this season. Working on a few liveries for GTS, and all my Googleator results are showing up pretty blurry.

AMPMROCKETFANN and catamount39 like this.
  14. Wiz

Wiz Premium

These might not be the best (they were taken with my phone) but here's my shots from Road America this year.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r9vhw2hi8mkr9gr/RA.zip

15. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

Your phone has a better camera than what I'm used to! Really helps in seeing what sponsors are on the cars.

Could probably use some more angles, but this'll give me a good start.

Much appreciated, thanks! :tup:

EDIT: I feel obliged to now post an update:

20171031_220758.jpg

Didn't feel like uploading a screenshot, so here's a potato TV picture.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Wiz and AMPMROCKETFANN like this.
  16. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

17. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Guy just likes to drive things. I can dig it.

18. TheElbows

TheElbows

Yep, personally I'm enjoying the new wave of multi-class drivers, the likes of which we haven't seen for quite some time. Now, sadly some of it is due to teams shutting down, but I love seeing Indy guys go to IMSA...LeMans guys go to F1...IMSA guys go to LeMans and Aussie V8's, etc. Loving it.

RACECAR and FutureF1 like this.
  19. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

Annddd....now I want a tutorial

Leadfoot530 likes this.
  20. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

In all honesty, there's no one way to show how to make replicas in GTS. The best I can offer is to have reference shots on hand, and compair them with what you're doing in game, until it finally looks right. Just takes time, practice an patience.

Planning on uploading the #14 and #15 when I get them done in the future.

AMPMROCKETFANN and catamount39 like this.
  21. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Same here. I was just shocked when I was watching the Dubai 24 and who's there? Upcoming Nascar driver Brandon Gdovic. Watch a ARCA race at Kansas and who's there? Off-Road racer Sheldon Creed. And of course we can't forget Austin Cindric being in damn near anything under the sun last year. I love that we're in a era of drivers getting in anything anywhere again :tup:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  22. 24HuresdeLoL

24HuresdeLoL

23. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

24. TheElbows

TheElbows

You could also see the article is an advertisement as well. I can see him doing it some other year with a team built around the effort, etc.

25. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Well, at least we know he won't be doing any publicity stunt drives like Gordon did this year.

26. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Junior has never been that way, so it wasn't surprising, he's always been the type of guy that only commits to something if he knows he can be competitive and win. Though I'm glad that rules out the sports car run people were hoping for after he left NASCAR. He deserves some time off, maybe Kenseth will pursue IMSA during his break as other 'series' he was talking about.

27. Jezza819

Jezza819

catamount39 likes this.
  28. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

29. Michelin Man

Michelin Man

Love it.

The interest from manufactures in DPi is firmly pointing out my ever growing interest in IMSA. And to be honest, it's fast enforcing the idea that DPi is probably the best and fastest growing form of prototype regs right now, bar LMP1.

30. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

"Former Lexus Grand-Am Daytona Prototype partner Chip Ganassi Racing is among the teams that are said to be of interest to TRD if the DPi effort goes forward."

Seeing as I don't see Ford wanting to go DPi, there's the small chance that we might have the old OP combo of Ganassi+Pruett+Lexus.

Any excuse to hear this around Daytona again: