2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
Cooper for sure. Johnny for NAEC
I dunno, there are reports at Sportscar365 that he is a pretty big dude, and fitting in the ATS-V.R as it was, and the Dallara is much smaller. Johnny O could fit obviously, but I don't know about Micheal Cooper.

van der Zande and Fassler have also been mentioned going to WTR by MP.
Would be fine with Fassler if Cooper doesn't work out. As much as O'Connell has done for GM it wasn't that long ago that he had retired and then came back to race for them in the PWC. So I think it's time for the guy to really just call it quits, he's been driving fro them for more than 18 years.

Even though we knew it was coming: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Credit where credit's due to Penske though, that's one way to cripple your biggest competition.

I guess...I don't think it is there are plenty of talent out there. Trying to screw over morale is classic Penske, so go on them. But WTR and GM don't seem to mind which shows no morale lost.

I guess...I don't think it is there are plenty of talent out there. Trying to screw over morale is classic Penske, so go on them. But WTR and GM don't seem to mind which shows no morale lost.
We'll see when the cars start rolling how much of an impact on GM and WTR this may have.

We'll see when the cars start rolling how much of an impact on GM and WTR this may have.

How so? If they get Marcel Fassler, why would that have adverse effects on their performance considering who he is and what he's done that outshines even the Taylor brothers. To me it'd be like a scenario when Max the ax drove for WTR if Fassler became full time.

levitt_lag_0917-10383_980.jpg

Good race overall. Up till the last hour or so it was all quite well done. Don't agree with Penske/Montoya getting away with destroying the Lexus sans penalty. Don't agree with the Patron car having a drive through for taking out a Ford while the MSR car got Stop+60 for a bump which resulted in no crash, etc. So the end was pretty sour for me. Prior to that - insanity, in a good way.

I would not be surprised to see Johnny O picked up, even moreso now that he's a silver rated driver (due to age I'd imagine). That's a hot boot to put in an "amateur" silver slot for a team.

PS: Always love Leena.

Good race overall. Up till the last hour or so it was all quite well done. Don't agree with Penske/Montoya getting away with destroying the Lexus sans penalty. Don't agree with the Patron car having a drive through for taking out a Ford while the MSR car got Stop+60 for a bump which resulted in no crash, etc. So the end was pretty sour for me. Prior to that - insanity, in a good way.

I would not be surprised to see Johnny O picked up, even moreso now that he's a silver rated driver (due to age I'd imagine). That's a hot boot to put in an "amateur" silver slot for a team.

PS: Always love Leena.

I always sit in the turn 10 a & b complex over to driver's left. Always plenty of action coming down that hill into the braking zone and this year was no different.

But I left about 2 hours before the end of the race just before all of that carnage you talked about started. I was watching the weather radar closely and as soon as the rain crossed I-20 heading north, I headed for the parking lot. I don't know if it ever rained at the track or not. I haven't watched the replay yet to find out. I didn't want to take a chance on that place becoming a red clay mud pit.

How so? If they get Marcel Fassler, why would that have adverse effects on their performance considering who he is and what he's done that outshines even the Taylor brothers. To me it'd be like a scenario when Max the ax drove for WTR if Fassler became full time.
if Fassler takes over; Great.
if it's just hearsay then boo

We're Montoya fans here at my house, but that incident with the Lexus was obviously his mistake. I was at a loss when the Fox guys kept saying the Lexus moved on him too.

Joest is one of those teams that can take a rolling garbage bin and make it competitive. I'd love to see them win next year, but I just can't see the Mazda sucking with them on board.

Only thing that is a potential hold up is that AER engine, if they can make that turd reliable at the least then they'll definitely win some races.

Only thing that is a potential hold up is that AER engine, if they can make that turd reliable at the least then they'll definitely win some races.

It just depends on how reliable. If it can do 2 hours 40 and then blow up then they've got a chance on half the schedule. Realistically the fact we're talking about it means there'll be at least one AER blow up per race. On the other hand if Joest actually polish the turd to a diamond we may see customer Mazdas in 2019.

Back