2017 Jeep Wrangler

• Thread starter MoparMan69
  • 114 comments
Styling is pretty straightforward for FCA, it is the overall refinement of the Wrangler that needs the greatest amount of attention right now. Better powertrain options a more NVH work would go a long way to keep Jeep fans happy, and continue bringing in buyers from elsewhere. There are a lot of folks who would love to own a Wrangler but hate the idea of actually having to drive one everyday.

If I'm doing product development at Jeep, I'd be trying to put together a model that's plenty capable in the snow and dirt, but much more ready for day-to-day street use than any model that's come before it. Give it a more street oriented set of M+S tires, magnetic shocks, and that long-lost diesel option in the US, and you've got a hot seller that you can charge premium prices for.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/07/2018-jeep-wrangler-design-renderings/

2018-wrangler-unlimited-front-jlwranglerforums-2-1.jpg

I don't know why I was expecting something else, but that doesn't look any different.

I don't know why I was expecting something else, but that doesn't look any different.
I don't they will ever change it to make it look different, like the G class it will have the same look on the next gen. When the YJ Wrangler was released it had rectangular headlights, the Jeep enthusiast hated it and still hate today.

Pretty sure they would use the same automatic shifter as one of the other FCA products as in the past, so I'm going to say that it probably is a manual model.

Pretty sure they would use the same automatic shifter as one of the other FCA products as in the past, so I'm going to say that it probably is a manual model.

The Wrangler doesn't use the dial like the other Jeeps. It uses the standard stick automatic transmission. That's not to say they won't change that for this new model, but that is how it is now.

I'm really excited about the Scrambler. This is by far the coolest "accessible" car debuting in years, in my opinion. The capability of the new Rubicon combined with the capabilities of a pretty large pickup truck, are you kidding me?

I just priced out a Rubicon 4-door the other day and it came to nearly $60,000 with numerous options. This Scrambler is going to be expensive. But I think I want it. This is the kind of vehicle I'd be happy to keep for years and years, especially with that diesel, and especially since Wranglers tend to hold their value pretty well...especially if they had a diesel!

Back