2017 Jeep Wrangler

• Thread starter MoparMan69
  • 114 comments
money-print.jpg

Thank god I can't own a car for another year because boi I've got some saving to do. This thing might top $70,000. Fortunately, we can expect its resale value to be immense. I'm waiting for the diesel.

bd3317f0-2020-jeep-gladiator-jt-pickup-145.jpg

They should have made side like the Crew Chief 715 Concept. Had the fender flares just on the bed and had a step behind the rear door to break up the large area.

39e542891291d89800c58611f427226b.jpg

The Wrangler is basically a pickup if you take the rear seats out. It just doesn't have a proper tailgate. The market for shortbed two-door pickups is basically nil these days. The extended cab MIGHT have an argument for existing but I doubt it based on truck buying trends.

The Wrangler is basically a pickup if you take the rear seats out. It just doesn't have a proper tailgate. The market for shortbed two-door pickups is basically nil these days. The extended cab MIGHT have an argument for existing but I doubt it based on truck buying trends.

And now I'm gonna cry because of the average truck buyers lack of originality. :(

So...

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/...m_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral#sf214688494

While far more refined than Jeeps of the past, the Gladiator has the choppy, jouncy ride endemic to such a vehicle, a very high center of gravity, and the drag coefficient of a giant lunchbox. Combining this with its bulbous knobby tires, it fumbles over roadway crowns and divots like a toddler running a marathon in skis. Its interior, again while upgraded from the metal and rubber penury of old CJs, has a certain retro charm, if you find a wash of dash plastic painted in a simulacrum of the body’s color charming. The center-stack switchgear, despite Chrysler’s excellent UConnect infotainment system, does an excellent imitation of the organizational patterns of a sack of crickets. The truck has a menacing stance from dead on, but from many angles looks awkward and ill-proportioned, with a bed split-line and rear overhang that makes it appear as if it is a Jeep that is towing itself. The comfort of the front seat is somewhat dependent on the discomfort of the rear occupants. And the short bed lacks the capacity, or the clever stowage, that sister brand Ram has pioneered. Did I mention that the Gladiator I was in stickered at an extortionate $55,500?

Not at all surprised.

The only reason ever to get a Wrangler-based Gladiator is to go further off-road than other... stock... pick-up owners can. At everything else, it is bound to be just as bad as the Wrangler.

That reads like the review Clarkson did of the SVT Lightning where he drove it into a swamp. Comparing it to a Colorado and talking about market trends for the segment is like comparing the regular Wrangler to a CR-V.

So I thought the concept of the 392 Wrangler was really dumb when it was first announced. However, after watching this video...it just seems awesome. It reminds me a bit of the old Bowler Wildcat. The way it shunts and backfires on upshifts just feels so raw. It looks like driving an overpowered GTA car. This might be the best application of the Hemi V8 yet, IMO. I don't think I would want to own one, but I sure would love to drive one.

Erm.

Sounds like it's working as it was designed to to me. Good luck in court I guess. Sounds like they'd have more luck going after dealers which are likely selling cars without informing owners of their full functionality, a common problem that plagues the American dealership system and one of the reasons OEMs want to abolish dealers altogether.

Last edited:
Jeep is discontinuing its 6.4L Hemi Wrangler Rubicon 392, will produce 3,700 Final Edition models for a staggering $101,850.

You're at least getting a lot of....car...for that $101,850. At ~5,200lbs that's only $19.50 per pound. That's tremendous value compared to something like a Porsche Cayman GT4, which is a hefty $32.50 per pound.

You're at least getting a lot of....car...for that $101,850. At ~5,200lbs that's only $19.50 per pound. That's tremendous value compared to something like a Porsche Cayman GT4, which is a hefty $32.50 per pound.
Though it’s a rip off compared to the very cheap $11.99 per pound GMC Hummer EV (9,063 lbs, $108,700 starting price)

Back